• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunt: Showdown - The Committed DLC Trailer

Any reason to mention how unexpectedly great this game is. The tension sometimes reminds me of old school pubg when every one was a scared shitter.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Theodore Tuck was plagued by the same nightmare. In marsh blanketed in fog, Tuck would find himself surrounded by sharp gnashing teeth, desperate to tear the flesh from his bones. Each morning he would awaken with a fresh new scar.

Tuck searched the country over, finally coming face to face with those nightmarish creatures in Louisiana. His attempts at hunting the beasts of the Bayou earned him infamy and many additional scars.

This DLC contains one Legendary Hunter and two Legendary weapons: The Beast Hunter, The Bark (Romero 77 Hatchet), and The Bite (Crossbow).

Banned
if this game didn't have the single worst controller aiming I've witnessed in at least a decade, I might have played it...

if this game didn't have the single worst controller aiming I've witnessed in at least a decade, I might have played it...
Handles great on PC. Only 1 full auto gun in the game. Such a welcome change in an fps shooter.
Too bad this game looks like it was made in the 2000s, tried it, couldn't stand the visuals and old tech jank. Had to drop it.
Aside from the Battlefield series what other FPS MP game looks better than Hunt Showdown?

Luipadre

yeah im waiting for the nextgen version before i hop back in. Game looks poo and feels like shit at 30 fps.

Eh.... This game has a unique art style and parts of it look good, but some other parts of it look terrible.
Agreed, some parts can look rough and some player animation can be pretty janky. That said I'm genuinely wondering what other mp fps games look better excluding the Battlefield series. Hunt Showdown early access started in 2018.

Handles great on PC. Only 1 full auto gun in the game. Such a welcome change in an fps shooter.

Aside from the Battlefield series what other FPS MP game looks better than Hunt Showdown?
Call of Duty MW and BLOPSCW, DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Warhammer Vermintide II, Half Life Alyx, Shadow Warrior 2 and 3 (3 not out yet), Halo Infinite.

You guys really either have extremely low standards or you need to have your eyes checked. No offense.

Last edited:
Call of Duty MW and BLOPSCW, DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Warhammer Vermintide II, Half Life Alyx, Shadow Warrior 2 and 3 (3 not out yet), Halo Infinite.

You guys really either have extremely low standards or you need to have your eyes checked. No offense.
I honestly don't think any of those games look better. The fact you mention sp games, standards and Halo Infinite makes me think troll or someone who got salty bush-camping in Hunt and couldn't aim.

I honestly don't think any of those games look better. The fact you mention sp games, standards and Halo Infinite makes me think troll or someone who got salty bush-camping in Hunt and couldn't aim.
I played the game for 2 hours and dropped it. It's complete and utterly janky. If you enjoy the jank then more power to you.

The game runs on the shitty unoptomized Cry Engine. That alone is a reason for me to not play it.

Did you have the settings turned down or something? The game looks amazing on my PC.
If you think the game looks amazing then you must think Minecraft is the coming of Jesus when it comes to video game visuals. I feel sorry for you.

P.S. Yes, it is set to Max.

Last edited:
Top Bottom