• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunt: Showdown - Welcome to DeSalle (New Map Hype!)

VN1X

Banned

I'll be honest, Hunt might be might be my most uninstalled game on Steam lol. And I think most people who play this game have a love/hate relationship with it as well. I mean it can be incredibly fun and satisfying but then you'll get insta-killed for like a week straight and can't even seem to string two shots together. And when you do hit your shots you either get hitmarkers or the game decides that your opponent is Neo and he just sent all your bullets flying somewhere else.

In any case, Hunt once again sits uninstalled in the cloud for me. I've got close to a 1000 hours on it but I just had to take a break, at least until the new map, so I could regain my sanity. My only hope is that the the performance will be good if not better compared to the previous two maps as I still have to turn down loads of settings in order to get it to run at an acceptable framerate.

Any other players here on PC? I hope all you console folk get a free next-gen upgrade soon at least!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hunt: Showdown's new map, DeSalle, is available now on PC test servers. Check out the trailer for a look at gameplay and what to expect.

A foreboding new autumn theme sets the tone in DeSalle, where players will hunt for clues as well as monsters, each other, and new Miner Grunt enemies who are equipped with blinding helmet lights.

DeSalle features 16 distinct new areas across the decayed urban sprawl of two Wild West towns alongside expansive mountainous, industrial, and farming regions. New urban settings in the map include a prison, church, bank, and a saloon. Players will also hunt and fight through a shipyard, watermill, fort, quarry, coal mine, and the new farmyard areas.

Favourite game of the last few years easily. New map is good. Looking forward to the console update , hopefully they do a surprise next gen patch too but unlikely.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Through the Bone Briar DLC is here!

This DLC contains one Legendary Hunter (Cain), a Legendary Winfield M1873C Vandal Striker (Nightmare), and a Legendary Specter 1882 Bayonet (Bone Briar).

The bones of the dead litter the bayou, picked clean, piled high into thickets and briars, pallid in the glow of the fires set by hunters. It’s easy to get lost amongst them, and easier to fall prey to the lurkers who lost themselves there long ago. First amongst these lost souls is Cain, who’s said to have made the greatest sacrifice, and pays his penance with primal fury.

Cain lost the man he once was long ago. But the memories of that man wait in the dark, horrors that feast on his desiccated mind at night. Cain carries Nightmare not to ward them off, but to keep them coming, their pull towards death the only reminder of all that has been lost. The Bone Briar keeps Cain oriented on his journey, lest he becomes lost in the labyrinth he’s built of the dead.

chixdiggit

Anyone try the new beetle weapon yet?
Nope. I'm pretty sure I hate it too. Purposely taking a small break from Hunt so the newness of the Beatle wears off. I would be willing to bet that right now they are being overly used by people just trying to fill challenges.

Nope. I'm pretty sure I hate it too. Purposely taking a small break from Hunt so the newness of the Beatle wears off. I would be willing to bet that right now they are being overly used by people just trying to fill challenges.
yeah, a quest line has you using it A LOT

Top Bottom