• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Nice color page
1401261918407_zps98af1c64.jpg

aren't scans a bannable offense? anyway, the chapter seemed interesting.

There are scans on each page (or almost) of the 200-page thread of manga OT, and no one is banned.

Legally speaking, it would be "fair use" of copyright, same as putting a screencap of a movie when writing a review in a blog or an excerpt of text of a book. The idea behind the image is to show off the art, nothing more. There is a difference between putting a nice color illustration and putting an entire chapter or volume.

It's the same that putting a .gif of a movie in the forum. Technically speaking it's also copyright infringement, unless you are given explicit permission from the copyright holders. Which I doubt anyone has. And still putting gifs is a GAF staple...

upandaway

I can't go into the manga thread yet because it's rife with One Piece posts, so this thread goes first

Chapter 341

I... I think I need next few chapters to be able to understand any of this stuff, but I'll try to.

That sphere dude gave me chills, but aside from that, not really sure how the calamities are relevant. Unless this is going to be Toriko style solving the leftovers of the new world before actually going there. The zombie thing is definitely the most important one, but if it's been in human possession for 50 years and they haven't done anything with it, it's probably a lost cause.
The fact this is Beyond's second attempt is a hell of a twist, but then Netero says he's not good enough, so that's that. It'll be a classic for Beyond to go and get destroyed again but it'll be more Togashi for the hunters to deal with Beyond on the spot and then go out properly.

If the ants are from the new world then um, please add them to the calamities list, thanks.

Chapter 341.

What.

Ok, so it continues where it ended, the dark continent expedition. It seems there is going to be several factions on play, Beyond Netero trying to go the DC (dark continent, abbreviated from now), a hunter expedition maybe or maybe not headed by Ging (the Zodiac doesn't know that Ging was interested in it from before), and one or maybe two factions trying to oppose any kind of expedition to DC. We have the V5 council against it, and surely there will be also hunters against it.
The chapter shows how is another world full of random alien but wonderful things, than from the puny human perspective, can also be seen as terrible curses. From viruses to strange diseases to incomprehensible beings.

There is decent chance for the MC in this Arc to be Ging.

I don't know, after like 2 years on hiatus, I expected something a bit longer but I guess that's just me being selfish.

Anyway it'll take me a while to get back into the swing of things, this chapter was all very confusing. Still I'm happy it's back.

vareon

Yeah that was a setup chapter. It's fun that I have no idea where the manga is going. Is it going to the Dark Continent, or just declining people to do so? If we're going to the Dark Continent, wouldn't it be a huuuuuge arc even longer than the Chimera Ants? We're talking about a world several times bigger than the known world.

upandaway

Yeah that was a setup chapter. It's fun that I have no idea where the manga is going. Is it going to the Dark Continent, or just declining people to do so? If we're going to the Dark Continent, wouldn't it be a huuuuuge arc even longer than the Chimera Ants? We're talking about a world several times bigger than the known world.
We need some kind of goal for the arc first, just exploring can be endless. Especially considering Gon already met Ging.

There's resolutions for the various characters like Hisoka, Kurapika, Kalluto etc, but I can't think how they'll be tied into this kind of new storyline.

I doubt they will actually go to the DC (maybe I'm wrong). I think some main character stepping in to the DC and implying they will have big adventures there will be a good end to the series, so maybe Togashi is going for that.

Popnbake

HxH is off to an amazing start.

Chapter 341.

What.

Ok, so it continues where it ended, the dark continent expedition. It seems there is going to be several factions on play, Beyond Netero trying to go the DC (dark continent, abbreviated from now), a hunter expedition maybe or maybe not headed by Ging (the Zodiac doesn't know that Ging was interested in it from before), and one or maybe two factions trying to oppose any kind of expedition to DC. We have the V5 council against it, and surely there will be also hunters against it.
The chapter shows how is another world full of random alien but wonderful things, than from the puny human perspective, can also be seen as terrible curses. From viruses to strange diseases to incomprehensible beings.

There is decent chance for the MC in this Arc to be Ging.

Yes, seems like Ging being the most prepared out of all the the zodiacs.
Even the snake girl didn't want to be apart of it unless he joined.

I really liked HxH's version of the new world and how it was different it is from One Piece.

It's not about being strong, it's about being determined enough just to explore the continent.

Beyond is looking to be a cool antagonist.

HxH is off to an amazing start.

Beyond is looking to be an cool antagonist.
He's already turned himself in. o:

That part is clearly a stratagem to get somehow over the fact that the Hunter association had orders to cpature him from V5. He surely will cut a deal with them so the Hunter association can say they followed orders as it was proper and clean their hands off.

I expect a lengthy setup part, so there will be lots of talk talk talk for the next chapters.

vareon

I doubt they will actually go to the DC (maybe I'm wrong). I think some main character stepping in to the DC and implying they will have big adventures there will be a good end to the series, so maybe Togashi is going for that.

Yeah, that's a good end that's in line with the series' premise. IF it's aiming to end instead going to another hiatus again lol.

Kinda crazy that Gon is now separated from Killua.

Fake edit: Wait, how is the spoilers rule here again?

andymcc

Banned
Yeah, that's a good end that's in line with the series' premise. IF it's aiming to end instead going to another hiatus again lol.

Kinda crazy that Gon is now separated from Killua.

Fake edit: Wait, how is the spoilers rule here again?

all unmarked per the OP.

Kyuur

Cross posting from the manga thread!

It's back! I had to read this chapter a few times, a ton of setup. From what I gather:

- There is some sort of gatekeeper to the DC. My guess is that the wall/gate that was shown itself is some sort of Nen construct to keep people out.
- Netero and Beyond already went to the DC. Netero ventured into a previously explored area, while Beyond decided to go into the unexplored portions and encountered the calamities that are shown.
- Netero wants the Hunter Association to have their own expedition team to counter Kakin's team. For glory!
- Beyond wants to enter a kind of truce with the association. Dude is definitely not just brawn, he knows what he is doing.
- The calamities are less 'if people go there everyone will die' and more 'if any of this stuff comes to the human world we will all die' like with the Chimera Ants.

So I guess we won't be getting a 'hunt Beyond' arc. My guess is that it will center around the association's expedition group, which Gon will sign up for.

daveo42

Banned
Lots of info as we get setup for whatever Togashi will throw at us. Glad to see it back and hope this streak lasts a while.

I'm more curious as how things will progress and if we'll actually make it to the DC or if we'll have to deal with the calamities brought back by Beyond first. Still some aspects of the world that we could get into even before we head over to the DC in the first place and several characters to catch up with.

What a weird chapter to start out on. I wonder how that one guy hired by the country to study the Dark Continent will stay involved.

And I bet an expedition to the Dark Continent will happen this arc. Otherwise why even bother showing Beyond's team?

What a weird chapter to start out on. I wonder how that one guy hired by the country to study the Dark Continent will stay involved.

And I bet an expedition to the Dark Continent will happen this arc. Otherwise why even bother showing Beyond's team?

It's a typical start, that "one guy" is clearly there to give infodump to the readers about the DC and how it's considered by the people.

About those four calamities, been reading around and found this about the Gas Life Forms that seem to be saying "Ai" (love?)

VvfXDW7.jpg

Don't know if this has any connection at all, but maybe the Zoldycks had an expedition at one point? They certainly have the prestige. Didn't someone say Nanika came from somewhere else?

icy_eagle

New avatar get, lol

You guys think the devil's symphony or whatever it was called that disfigured Melody is another one of those calamities that came from these lands beyond?

Anyway, great to have HxH back

Rootbeer

Banned
SUBSCRIBED! I've read every chapter of the manga, including the new #341... i'm very happy with the quality of the art, I was getting paranoid for a while when the first "previews" of it were shown.

Will be anxiously reading each new chapter and participating in this thread!

Great setup in #341, i love this feeling of not knowing WHERE this story is going... like at all. what will it be like to see gon and killua split up after so long? will killua even be in the story, or will be just fade deep into the background like Leorio and Kurapika? So many questions :3

Thanks for the OT

My post from the manga thread

Hunter x Hunter - I love how they mentioned Netero went to the DC before but explained that what he was seeking wasn't there as I thought it would be disappointing that the former master of nen didn't tried to go there.

My memory of the previous chapters are a bit muddled but I am fairly sure it was said that the ant queen came from DC so I am wondering if she escaping into the human world was as a result of someone recently going to the DC, since it was kinda implied that each time you go there you bring back som

From the better translations I saw, It's pretty interesting that each calamity corresponds to each character's story arc.

Brion: protector of ruins
Ging's main goal is to explore ruins and Gon follows him

Ai: Co-dependence of desire
A creature that grants desires, it bears a lot of similarities with Alluka. Not to mention the squashed human seen earlier in the chapter bears similarities to the squashed butler when that person could not give Alluka what she wanted

Hellbell, twin tailed snake that causes viral murderous intent
People have been seen twisted were part of the Mafia. Kurapika's part of the mafia now and he has immense rage over his past. Also the fact that his clan could have been from the DC

Papu, the beast that keeps men by exchanging life with pleasure
Will have to do with the G2 drug that is destroying Meteor City and the Phantom troupe with Gyro and gang. Gyro was responsible for making the drug and it could be based off papu.

Sobae, the illness of immortality
Will have to do with Leorio's quest of being a doctor and maybe something to do with Beyond Netero

Also, Netero's last wish is for the Hunter's association to bring in a form of hope that will benefit humanity instead of all the calamities from the previous expeditions. We could see the gang work together for this final goal.

upandaway

Yeah Ai is definitely similar to Alluka. That co-dependance tidbit makes me think Nanika is one of those and Alluka is the normal kid.

That would give a good reason for Killua to be in the arc, and explain why Alluka is so broken.

Peco

Chapter was dense as fuck, I like that.
I don't know where this is going but please Togashi, make the expedition to the DC happen, I beg you.

Ai: Co-dependence of desire
A creature that grants desires, it bears a lot of similarities with Alluka. Not to mention the squashed human seen earlier in the chapter bears similarities to the squashed butler when that person could not give Alluka what she wanted

Killua's dad specifically said that Nanika came from "some other place".

Mortemis

Banned
Wow, I wasn't expecting much from the art side of things but that looked really clean and well-drawn. I hope it doesn't drop too much.

That was a really text dense chapter, I'll probably have to re-read it again but what I got is that Beyond is one cool guy. I'm not so sure he'll be an antagonist this arc but he'll definitely play a large part. I'm guessing the next couple of chapters will focus more on the V5 vs Beyond and more about the political battles. I doubt we'll see any real action anytime soon.

So are they hoping Ging will take charge of the whole expedition or did I read that wrong? I could see him doing something like that and Gon tagging along so he has a part in this arc, I don't think he'll go to the DC without Ging seeing as he probably won't have any motivation. I'm not sure if they'll even go to the DC tbh.

Also yeah I can see Alluka having something to do with the DC. It would explain somewhat why she's so ridiculous (though not by much).

I'm with panda, it'll take me a few more chapters to understand everything.

Speculah;

In preparation for the next expedition, they are going to research and try to fix or destroy some of the 5 calamities that they bringed back to the old world, as proof they can deal with them once they reach DC.

...and Alluka/Nanika is one of them. Oh oh.

upandaway

Speculah;

In preparation for the next expedition, they are going to research and try to fix or destroy some of the 5 calamities that they bringed back to the old world, as proof they can deal with them once they reach DC.

...and Alluka/Nanika is one of them. Oh oh.
It wasn't apparent from the translation at all, because the translation isn't good, but Erigu said about that:
[Netero] wants the association to mount a successful expedition before Beyond and to try and find a remedy to one of the calamities. Basically, to come back with a nice souvenir, for a change.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
NEW CHAPTER!!!!!

I waited until I was done with my interview to check out anything about it.

It's been so long I'm still not ready to read any spoilers

Seriously freaking out here. I love HxH so much!

Oh I will mention a reason I'm nervous. It feels like when manga I love move to 'the new world' or the 'undiscovered world' I fucking hate it.

When OP went to the new world I really didn't like the Fishman island saga and I didn't really get back on board until the end of Punk Hazard.

Right now I really don't like Toriko now that they moved to the gourmet world.

I'm now sure what it is, but I've been worried about hos the story moves ahead now.

Top Bottom