• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

You mean the fact that he was reincarnated despite not being eaten?

Presumably it has to do with his ability, and at least a small part of him was eaten (maybe the brain).

Now you mention it, the ants had a particular taste for brains (zombiees!), one of the first scenes with the King said so. Maybe his brain was eaten, but Pitou salvaged the rest.

I was pretty sure it had to do with his nen and nothing to do with being eaten or not eaten.

That wouldn't make a lot of sense.

He had an ability about... what? "reincarnate if I'm killed as a little ant-girl"?? There has been some wacky nen abilities, but that would be the wackiest of all.

That wouldn't make a lot of sense.

He had an ability about... what? "reincarnate if I'm killed as a little ant-girl"?? There has been some wacky nen abilities, but that would be the wackiest of all.

Well, Ging says that it has something to do with Kaito's Nen ability but doesn't really explain how it works.

Well, Ging says that it has something to do with Kaito's Nen ability but doesn't really explain how it works.
That was my point. I don't think he was actually eaten or his brain. That ability had something to do with saving him.....somehow...or hell it could actually be a just a reincarnation skill

dan2026

Not sure if this registered with anyone else. But this is what I thought.

image.png

upandaway

The same bodies were shown in the lab spread (was posted on last page for quick reference). So you thought right.

I'm not 100% about the "sucking them dry" bit though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Not sure if this registered with anyone else. But this is what I thought.

image.png

T__T Man, the world of HxH is such a brutal place. In stark contrast to the upbeat dispositions of some of its younger protagonists.

If we had stuff like this or the ants in our world i'm not sure if I could leave the house :p

Kyuur

I believe the Papu keep humans as pets according to the better translation, so I'm not sure if it makes sense for them to be sucking their blood or something. Leashes maybe?

upandaway

I believe the Papu keep humans as pets according to the better translation, so I'm not sure if it makes sense for them to be sucking their blood or something. Leashes maybe?
Maybe they're actually keeping them alive by giving them nutrients or something. No matter what it is it's scary as hell though.

Brion was the creepiest at first but then this meme started of putting the Brion sphere on everything imaginable to hilarious results. I can never look at it the same way.

That was my point. I don't think he was actually eaten or his brain. That ability had something to do with saving him.....somehow...or hell it could actually be a just a reincarnation skill

well I mean it could be both. Not all the Chimera Ants retain their human memories. Maybe Kite's brain was eaten, and his Crazy Slots made him able to recall everything in his previous life.

as for the calamities, the ones I'm most intrigued about are the Immortality Sickness and the Ai life forms and how they relate to Nanika/Alluka

Wednesdays can't come soon enough

dan2026

I honestly have no idea where this series is going to go from here.

Presumably we are off into the new world, but who exactly is going?

Beyond seems a given and Gon as well somehow.
Will Ging lead them?
Who else is going?

I'd like to see Kurapika return and find out what's up with him.
And I hope Leorio hangs around, he is always fun.

Popnbake

T__T Man, the world of HxH is such a brutal place. In stark contrast to the upbeat dispositions of some of its younger protagonists.

If we had stuff like this or the ants in our world i'm not sure if I could leave the house :p

Yeah, because of that I'm having a hard time seeing why such a great deal is being made out of these calamities from the dark continent.

We've seen weird creatures being able to kill humans with ease since the first hunter exam and
they exist in their current world already.

The only one I liked is the disease which makes the user apparently live forever at a cost.

Peco

Yeah, because of that I'm having a hard time seeing why such a great deal is being made out of these calamities from the dark continent.

We've seen weird creatures being able to kill humans with ease since the first hunter exam and

The only one I liked is the disease which makes the user apparently live forever at a cost.

The monsters in their current world are originally from the Dark Continent iirc, so yeah, it's a big deal bro.

Peco

The wiki says that the magical beasts come from the DC but in the actual chapter Ging only mentions the Chimera Ants. Mmh, I guess the ants are magical beasts but still, I was sure the monsters were from the DC as well.

For all we know all those brutal creatures exists in the current world because of the calamities.

I thought the only monster so far that we know came from the dark continent was the chimera ants?

I can't remember in what chapter it was, but there is a moment where someone comments how the "magical beasts" (stuff like the transforming beasts of the first hunter arc) are all comes from the DC, from species that migrated hundreds or thousands of years ago.

yami4ct

Caught the latest chapter in Weekly SJ today. Damn, that wasn't what I was expecting at all. Great intro into all the dark continent stuff. A lot of awesome setup. Honestly, I was sort of expecting Togashi to go a bit lighter in tone a la Greed Island after the infinite darkness of Chimera Ant, but it's clear that the darker tone is here to stay.

Ok, bets on who's going to the New World. I'm thinking we'll see several, semi-competing expedition groups go in over the course of the arc. Quick bets based just on this chapter

Beyond convinces Zodiacs to team up and be part of his expedition group. Zodiacs think they're using him to complete their mission.

Ging starts his own expedition group out of concern about the Beyond crew. Gon is in it, of course. I could see Leorio being brought in for medical help. Probably some other veteran hunters. Morel and Knuckle could easily fill this role with an outside chance of Shoot and Palm tagging alone.

Zoldycks start their own small expedition, probably to do with Alluka. Sets up the Gon vs Kil rivalry that Togashi really seems to want and build to.

Crazy outside bets:
Spiders start their own crew, either in an attempt to free Chrollo or just for some sort of bounty hunt. This gets Kurapika joining Ging's crew.

Hisoka joins up with one of the crews, just because he wants the excitement.

zero_suit

Caught the latest chapter in Weekly SJ today. Damn, that wasn't what I was expecting at all. Great intro into all the dark continent stuff. A lot of awesome setup. Honestly, I was sort of expecting Togashi to go a bit lighter in tone a la Greed Island after the infinite darkness of Chimera Ant, but it's clear that the darker tone is here to stay.

Ok, bets on who's going to the New World. I'm thinking we'll see several, semi-competing expedition groups go in over the course of the arc. Quick bets based just on this chapter

Beyond convinces Zodiacs to team up and be part of his expedition group. Zodiacs think they're using him to complete their mission.

Ging starts his own expedition group out of concern about the Beyond crew. Gon is in it, of course. I could see Leorio being brought in for medical help. Probably some other veteran hunters. Morel and Knuckle could easily fill this role with an outside chance of Shoot and Palm tagging alone.

Zoldycks start their own small expedition, probably to do with Alluka. Sets up the Gon vs Kil rivalry that Togashi really seems to want and build to.

Crazy outside bets:
Spiders start their own crew, either in an attempt to free Chrollo or just for some sort of bounty hunt. This gets Kurapika joining Ging's crew.

Hisoka joins up with one of the crews, just because he wants the excitement.

How is this a crazy bet?

Yonafunu

So do you guys think this arc will bring everyone of the original gang back together in a way? As in, get everyone involved in the story, not necessarily in the same group.

So do you guys think this arc will bring everyone of the original gang back together in a way? As in, get everyone involved in the story, not necessarily in the same group.

Well, if this happens to be the last Arc, then chances are high. In two or three chapters we should see if it's going in that direction.

yami4ct

How is this a crazy bet?

Yeah, guess it's not so crazy. Haha. I guess because he had no part in the Chimera Ant arc, I assumed Togashi wouldn't just throw in him here just because, but that's totally something he'd do.

Well, if this happens to be the last Arc, then chances are high. In two or three chapters we should see if it's going in that direction.

I seriously doubt this is the last arc, personally. If it were, Togashi would have to wrap up the Killua and Gon rivalry story, the Kurpaika vs Spider story and the Hisoka vs Gon story all in one arc. That could happen, but I'd imagine it would be something much closer to Yorkshin, where the spiders are the main antagonist.

No, I think Togashi is going to focus on the Zodiacs, Beyonds expedition team, and possibly the Zoldycks. Gon and Ging are highly likely to be in there too, but I don't think we'll be seeing Leorio, Kurapika, Hisoka, and the Spiders for a while. But who knows really.
The chimera ant extermination squad will probably be absent too. I'd like it if we got to see Knov not be a pussy tho, b/c he has some super cool Nen

Unless Togashi decides he wants to apologize for the Hiatus by giving the fans what they want

Lulubop

Was he the guy that got turned into a Chimera ant and immediately left to do his own shit?

That dude is hardcore.

Yea, the narrator pretty much says he and Gon's paths will cross one day but that's for another time. The fact that Togashi placed so much emphasis on him, to me mean he can possibly be an end game villain. I don't see how he'll be involved in this arc though, but he could be possibly trying to set up shop in the DC much like he did in NGL.

upandaway

Yea, the narrator pretty much says he and Gon's paths will cross one day but that's for another time. The fact that Togashi placed so much emphasis on him, to me mean he can possibly be an end game villain. I don't see how he'll be involved in this arc though, but he could be possibly trying to set up shop in the DC much like he did in NGL.
His entire drive is to cause misfortune and disaster, so it's pretty easy to guess how he could be involved in this arc.

It was so strange when we spend that whole chapter setting up someone we don't really see and it was right in the middle of the arc. It probably caused more insane theories and speculation than anything in the series. I really thought it would fade away but then he doubled down and had a group of characters say 'let go find gyro'. It was a long tern idea so who knows where it goes.

saher

Banned
I really liked the chapter, to me it feels like DC is going to be the last big arc in the series.

no hiatus please : ( im really excited for this arc

Riposte

Is 341 the most recent chapter?

I think there's a good chance we'll get a Hunter x Hunter fighting game no? Could be promising.

In reference to future arcs... I feel there is still so much ground to cover and that's before even considering the dark continent.

Lirlond

Thought Saher was a post by myself!!

I think we won't see any of the "main cast" for a while, this arc seems like it'll focus mostly on the various adventures in the DC rather than Gon/Killua/Leorio/Kurapika.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if the Spiders get involved somehow.

Axass

Is 341 the most recent chapter?

I think there's a good chance we'll get a Hunter x Hunter fighting game no? Could be promising.

In reference to future arcs... I feel there is still so much ground to cover and that's before even considering the dark continent.

I think that ship has sailed, the manga isn't consistent enough with the releases to prompt a new game. The anime is about to end or to enter filler hell, so a game now would be weird; we got one when the anime had recently started. A fighting game would be cool though, as of now there are only HxH RPGs and adventure games.

saher

Banned
The anime is about to end or to enter filler hell.

My guess is that chapter 339 is the end of the anime , its a perfect chapter to end the show.

a Filler arc wont help since no one knows how many years DC arc will take to finish

Chimera ant started in 2003 and ended in 2012

Top Bottom