• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HW sales in Spain: PS5 166K; XBS 46K

zedinen

Vandal

HW - Week 21

PS5 7,350 (S 6,550+D 800)
NSW 4,200
XBS 1,050 (X 750+S 300)
PS4 700
XBO 50

HW - LTD
PS5 166,350
XBS 46,250

SW - Week 21
1. FIFA 21 (PS4)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)
3. Biomutant (PS4)
4. Minecraft (Switch)
5. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (Switch)
6. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
7. Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5)
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
9. The Last of Us Parte II (PS4)
10. Miitopia (Switch)

Spidey Fan

Banned
Is it still 100% sold out? Early on numbers feel more like allottment measures than anything. Though I'm pretty sure PS5 will maintain a lead in Spain no doubt.
Its the rabbit vs turtles race. Early race will always be ps5.

All Microsoft needs is to take their time and not rush out like idiots. Put banger after banger on gamepass, and cattles will rush out to gamepass, so they can be milked for the rest of their lives.
Austin Powers Movie GIF

PS5 is outselling Xbox Series by just ~3.5:1
Last gen Ps4 was outselling Xbox One by ~10:1

Spain is SONYland, I'm a bit surprised PS5 isn't outselling Series X by 10:1

Could Sony have sold more if they had the supply?

At some point this supply situation will improve itself and we will see what the real ratios are. Kind of hard to say which one is more popular without them.

Vlodril

There's more demand for XSX then Xbox One, Spain had day one editions of Xbox One for months

Sony will still be ahead but it may not create as big a gap this time.
Do we have numbers from the previous gen launch to make comparisons?

I mean obviously it is still early since both machines get sold instantly (not s) so we still won't know demand until the situation stabilizes (if it does with the chip issues).

Spidey Fan

Banned
It feels odd to compare the Switch to the PS5 and the XSX.

Don't know if it's like comparing a portable to a home console. Especially with the Switch lite out.
Handle held will outsell both of those. If Xbox releases handheld console, it will sell like hotcakes, considering it has gamepass (why the fk xbox doesn't do that).

I am just waiting that VR drop for xbox. They have gems that are great for VR games, and studios which are good for VR games (bethesda, ninja theory). Imagine Halo VR. Or Forza Horizon 5.

Microsoft is just to stupid sometimes.

They're all dedicated consoles. Every analyst puts them in the same category. Doesn't really feel odd to me.

The market seems different though between the XSX/PS5 and the Switch. But you're right that Nintendo has already won the generation by releasing a console that's not even as powerful as the XSS.

Handle held will outsell both of those. If Xbox releases handheld console, it will sell like hotcakes, considering it has gamepass (why the fk xbox doesn't do that).

I am just waiting that VR drop for xbox. They have gems that are great for VR games, and studios which are good for VR games (bethesda, ninja theory). Imagine Halo VR. Or Forza Horizon 5.

Microsoft is just to stupid sometimes.

The problem with handhelds is power. That's where the issue with Gamepass might come in. We all know that streaming games isn't something that works for most people.

JLB

Banned
wait wat? thats an incredibly high level of xboxes.
I lived in spain for quite some time and spain is playstationland 2 (#1 is Argentina)

Tmack

Out of curiosity i heard some reports of people in Portugal casualy walking into a store and asking if there was a PS5 avaible and they had a dozen bundles avaible for the MSRP (about 600ish euros with controller and game i think).

Guy explained that the store changed policies and was selling bundles only, people who was on waiting list were asked if they wanted or not and most declined the bundle offer, thats why it was store avaible.

Another anedoctal, for a couple weeks you can get a Xbox series X for shippng within 2-3 business day from the same major retailler.

What generation? The Switch isn't even as capable as 7th generation.

I don't even know what gen the Switch competes with.

🤷‍♂️

You can say that it's a current gen console but then it's missing out on a ton of games due to lack of power. It's why I find it strange to compare it to the XSX and PS5.

I agree that it's an incredibly successful console for Nintendo. And in pure numbers it's already sold the XSX and the PS5 by a ton. But is it correct to compare it to those two systems?

Out of curiosity i heard some reports of people in Portugal casualy walking into a store and asking if there was a PS5 avaible and they had a dozen bundles avaible for the MSRP (about 600ish euros with controller and game i think).

Guy explained that the store changed policies and was selling bundles only, people who was on waiting list were asked if they wanted or not and most declined the bundle offer, thats why it was store avaible.

Another anedoctal, for a couple weeks you can get a Xbox series X for shippng within 2-3 business day from the same major retailler.
Portugal hates Xbox. It's been widely available since launch, I heard.

Gediminas

Banned

🤷‍♂️

You can say that it's a current gen console but then it's missing out on a ton of games due to lack of power. It's why I find it strange to compare it to the XSX and PS5.

I agree that it's an incredibly successful console for Nintendo. And in pure numbers it's already sold the XSX and the PS5 by a ton. But is it correct to compare it to those two systems?
Switch competes with PS5 and xbox sxs
Wii was ps3 and 360
wii u was ps4 and xone

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

🤷‍♂️

Nintendo is winning by their term, doesn't mean others are losing. Xbox is directly competing with Sony, Steam, Epic Games, but traditional home console has been Sony's turf since 1994, undisputed.

mckmas8808

Banned
Maybe I'm just being dumb and the market is the same for the switch and the PS5/XSX.

I apologize for that. I always thought the Switch was doing its own thing compared to the XSX and the PS5.

Nope. The Switch is still competing with XSX and PS5. There's a reason Nintendo is making a Switch Pro.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Can't imagine someone picking up a switch if they want to play current gen games. I guess that's the issue that I'm having.

Even though XSS is doing 512p, I would pick it over the switch, even last gen Xbone over the Switch. The Switch market is very different and games there barely compete with indie games on PS4/5. It's like saying that Tencent is competing with Sony, which its full focus is cellphones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom