• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Dragon Ball Z Champ Build Released + Trailer

L Thammy

Someone posted this thing. I guess it's using a modified version of IKEMEN (open-source Mugen remake with online play).

EDIT: Actually, since the video is unlisted, maybe I should ask before posting it.

Quebaz

Been following this project since the first version of Goku was released in 2011(?) or so, awesome that the project is still alive with so much care put into it.
While I'm at it, did anyone ever play Super Dragon Ball? That one game made apparently with the SF2 fighting director of something? If so, how was it?
It's my favourite DBZ game ever, takes some cues from Street Fighter EX but still manages to be its own thing because it's on a 3D plane and what not.

That and it's pretty legit

i-Jest

I remember this, I haven't seen it in two years. So it got an updated build? Cool beans, nice that the dev team is breathing new life into it.

Why do people say this? It was just about the most un-dbz game I have ever seen. Completely fails on capturing the feel of the show. Even the old nes card games capture that a lot better. As a fighter it was completely derivative even for it's time (along with all the dbz fighting games up to that point to be honest).

Anyhow, this seems pretty cool. Feels like a mix of SF Alpha and VS series gameplay.

Because to me it was the dbz game with the most depth. I played so much of it online in my teens years. The combos and tactics are very street fighter-esque. It was my sf2 turbo with dbz characters. So yeah for me it was the best dbz game ever made contrary to the button mashers of ps2 era most people prefer.

https://youtu.be/3gUYAkuI3jU?t=197 Tell me this doesn't capture the feel of dragon ball.

yea, if you ignore literally every dbz fighting game after it. It was pretty.....and that's it.

edit:
oh, it's been covered ^^

The graphics are the very last reason it's the best. It's because of the gameplay.

TCKaos

Vegeta's idle stance seems inspired (not ripped, inspired) by Hyper Dimension, the best dragonball fighting game

dragon-ball-z-hyper-dimension-02.png

At one point it was a fair bit closer.
a-1.png

Some of his moves are actually directly based off of his Super Butouden 2 moveset, which is great. Namely his roundhouse and one of his specials.

Vegeta's idle stance seems inspired (not ripped, inspired) by Hyper Dimension, the best dragonball fighting game

dragon-ball-z-hyper-dimension-02.png

I'll never forget the day this game arrived in the mail from The Game Cave (Japanese import shop that advertised in the back of GameFan magazine). $120!! I was at my summer job when the courier delivered the package, and my younger brother was there like a champ with the money order in hand to accept amd sign. When I got home from work that day, I asked him, as I had everyday that week, if the long-awaited package had come. He just looked at me with a smirk, then laughed as he excitedly ran up the stairs to our room, with me following closely behind. Summer of '97. 20 years ago now!! Good times!

Been playing, really enjoying it, the art is fantastic. only problem I have is that im a scrub and dashing and backdashing are hard to do since i use analog stick

Cant wait to see em expand this, on their FB they say they dont really take commissions but I hope they allow to expand their team.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
The game looks super good. Hopefully it'll motivate Bandai/Toei to do something more with the games than churning out Xenoverse games.

I just wish there were a lot more characters because this looks absolutely crazy. I firmly believe that a dbz fighting game could sell on the level of sf and mk if the game's were an amalgam of sf and sc with combo ability of mvsc. That's just my opinion

night814

The game looks super good. Hopefully it'll motivate Bandai/Toei to do something more with the games than churning out Xenoverse games.

I just wish there were a lot more characters because this looks absolutely crazy. I firmly believe that a dbz fighting game could sell on the level of sf and mk if the game's were an amalgam of sf and sc with combo ability of mvsc. That's just my opinion
If you have a 3DS extreme butoden is good especially if you're a fan of the sfc games. It's somewhat barebones from a single player perspective but the SFC games always were too.

That said I would love a new Budokai.

Top Bottom