• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Dragonball Z: Super Buu released

L Thammy

I know FighterZ is getting everyone's attention, but I hope that isn't leading to anyone ignoring this fan project. The folks at Team Z2 are still doing good work.

Release video.

mugen03935kh1.png
mugen542rejwp.png

mugen1985xk9j.png
mugen464nuj52.png

mugen631x5kc5.png
mugen041amjkc.png

mugen201ijj15.png
mugen445jgjlr.png

mugen535jvjjm.png
mugen175unjxi.png

mugen207vxjqc.png
mugen4621fj02.png

mugen561tejrv.png
mugen641xfjvb.png

Download here. You have to add it manually by putting it in the char folder and editting select.def in the data folder.

The rest of the game can be downloaded at one of these links. Playable characters are Goku, SSJ Goku, Vegeta, Majin Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza, Babidi, Piccolo and Mr. Satan.
http://justnopoint.com/HyperDBZChamp.rar
http://xgargoyle.mugenguild.com/HyperDBZChamp.rar
http://z2.smeenet.org/HyperDBZChamp.rar

Additionally, the release video announces that they're working on Perfect Cell. This is alongside Gotenks, Tien, Krillin, and Android 18.

L Thammy

Is it made in MUGEN?

It is, but the quality speaks for itself despite that. Original sprites, music, stages and such. I think there's some people who slapped it into IKEMEN (open-source MUGEN) so they can play online, but I don't know if that's a thing that you can download somewhere or if you just have to do that manually.

L Thammy

The fuck?

There's a bunch of goofy intro/victory poses in this game. I think Buu also has like a Midnight Bliss thing somewhere where he changes into opponent's forms, and that sprite was made for when he fights Morrigan (as in, when someone has MUGEN with characters other than these).

L Thammy

I should probably post some more Buu forms so that it's clear that it's not some fetish thing:

absorbedafknz.png
buushin2bhimuran2jcj.png
ykbwrkv2dj4k.png

buhonda20amp20buualexq2kay.png
pinu99szckus.png
b2auq000ek7p.png
224bfeqthkcv.png
buulk_by_888roderigo840k33.png
buu_hibikih5jjz.gif
edwegob0akba.png

It's supposed to be as if Super Buu absorbed the characters like he does in the series.

L Thammy

The Hyper Dragonball Z guys have one thread on Mugenguild for each character where people can contribute images for a particular pose: in Super Buu's case, it was the absorbed forms. So you can see some variance in style between these sprites. Not totally sure which ones are used in the character, probably all of them that fit the style.

Anyway, there are a lot more good ones, so I might as well post more:

listo_buu_sonic_by_ghdqkc3.png
i5gplrs1cjmj.png
hh7oumjokkuh.png
bkfnuk3kzkwu.gif
jvkjzfeb3kun.png
h69yxvcc8jra.png
f0mludbhtj85.png

buunosuke2bsagara6xjvh.png
buuji2bsaitou82k5q.png
buuji2bsaitou2b2528sh3pjoc.png
buuji2bokitak0j6l.png
misao3ikx0.png
buuoshi2bshinomori4fk7d.png
buun-e5rk8y.png
buuji2byukyuzanz4ji1.png
buujirou2bseta50jgn.png
buukoto22jin.png
buunishi2byukishiroc9kvc.png
buutousaiyvjmk.png

cpvmvjlxsjlq.png
ibuuyashaalk7u.png
buubuuyowdk1j.gif
sesshoubuurui4jhd.png
kabuume9ujyg.png
dhamknwj5clcg3yimyxjva.gif
mirobuuwtko5.png
buungoszj4w.png
buugal0jws.png
kabuuratekvm.png
youkai2bibuuyashaopkyp.png
kabuumekhjm9.png
jkmmssvqvk3h.png

gwfcag9c3jtu.gif
buukiko6sjby.png
buuritobdkd1.png
abuuna61juq.png
buukifek9q.png
dhxvkx9wi603twpwih0j4u.gif
dhxvl20zsodexogte3gku0.gif
mmlusues0ko1.png

kuYuri

Those Buu sprites are incredible. 😮

I don't remember Super Buu being so tall.
I know Gohan isn't standing straight up but still.

Yeah, Super Buu is huge. Just look up his fight with Gohan on YouTube and you will see the height difference easily.

Or see above, lol.

RRockman

Banned
The Hyper Dragonball Z guys have one thread on Mugenguild for each character where people can contribute images for a particular pose: in Super Buu's case, it was the absorbed forms. So you can see some variance in style between these sprites. Not totally sure which ones are used in the character, probably all of them that fit the style.

Lots of images

AYYYYYY Buso Renkin! :D

buukiko6sjby.png

These are great but it desperately needs HIGH DIO Buu.

Ferrio

Banned

mmlusues0ko1.png

Oh god a Blue Mary one. Kung Fu Man too.

LordKano

bkfnuk3kzkwu.gif

I would completely make this awesome sprite my profile picture if I wasn't too attached to my current one. They all look incredible.

Top Bottom