• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 |OT|: By the Power of Inafune!

Volcynika

pX6L3.gif

zulkG.gif

20XX--Gamindustri faces a dire crisis.

Shops are boarded up, creators are overworked and starving, and death looms over all Gamindustrimen. However, humanity perseveres on!

In years past, the deserted lands of Gamindustri were known as the 'realm of chaos.' Since the advent of ASIC--the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime--morality has all but vanished. As much as 80 percent of all students are rumored to worship the being known as Arfoire. Parents, knowing this is a poor object to worship, went ahead and taught their children to do so. The government turned a blind eye instead of crushing this crisis in its infancy.

Thus, Gamindustri fell into complete and utter disarray. The citizens have come to accept all of the corruption as normal. They take no issue with acquiring items illegally. Those who were victims of this mentality became exahusted and were sent to wander the Gamindustri Graveyard forever.

7bzVX.gif

pxjvB.jpg

2oiVz.gif

• All-new free-roaming style battle system for more strategic combat.
  • Streamlined combo system that allows faster combo execution.
  • New item synthesis system to craft items and weapons.
  • Guild system to take on multiple missions.

sQ5BS.gif

MFgwG.gif

KSOCc.gif

• To be added as they arrive

vTqfB.gif

• Question: Do I need to play the first to understand this?
  • Answer: With how wacky the story is, I'd say no. You should be good.

• Question: What kind of battle system is in this game?
  • Answer: What you do in battle is dictated by AP (action points) and SP (Skill points). Attacking enemies/using items/using skills.

• Question: Keiji Inafune is in the game?
  • Answer: Yep! You can use him as a weapon. Watch the trailer above and you'll see him featured in part of it.

• Question: Will there be DLC?
  • Answer: Yes, the schedule has not been posted yet. The official website for the game has a DLC section and says to expect the schedule soon.

• Question: Does NISA have a special bonus for the game available from its online store?
  • Answer: Yes, you can check it out here. Last I heard they only had a few hundred units remaining, and these editions will not be made again. So once they're gone, they're gone for good!

*****IMPORTANT NOTE***** -- Please stay on topic. Any trolling/stupid posting will get you banned (mod-sanctioned)!

Ken

Nice OT. I should probably buy this now so I don't have to pay ridiculous prices when it's out of stock everywhere like the original game.

rockx4

I pre-ordered it even though I haven't finish the first one. I enjoyed it but got sidetracked and haven't had time.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I loved the original, so I am definitely getting this.

I got an email from NISA that they will be shipping the limited edition a little later than expected, so I will be a little late to the party.

androvsky

Really looking forward to this, the first game turned out to be much more enjoyable than it had any right to be. :) Am I the only one looking forward to the Takahashi Meijin cameo more than the Inafune one?

zoku88

I should try playing the first one. I bought it, but never played it.

Hopefully the battle system isn't as bad as I heard...

Rarutos

I doubt it's NISA's fault there's a shipping delay. It seems they have the worst luck with shipping! Let's hope it doesn't happen with Meruru too. ;3;

Definitely getting the LE from the NISA Store Day 1! Though I still need to play the first...

Hcoregamer00

I ordered the official artbook, which has art from both Hyperdimension Neptunia and Mk2. Looks awesome, only if I'd didn't cost as much as the NISA release for the game.

Ties

Banned
Whoa, didn't know this was coming out so soon.

I haven't been keeping an eye on this really, and the original Neptunia bothered me quite a bit because of the painfully slow and archaic battle system. This seems to improve upon it, so I'll give it a shot. Hopefully this won't go out of print in a week or two, I don't have the budget right now to buy it.
New item synthesis system to craft items and weapons.
Oh my, what is this about a synthesis system? Is it comparable to the Atelier series'?

vall03

dammit! same day as Devil Survivor 2! Im really wary of the first one, though one of my friends got a Platinum on it so I don't really know. Videos are not helping either. But oh well, Im just interested in this because of the cameo characters.

Ramune

I loved the original, so I am definitely getting this.

We have similar taste in games, so I picked up the original back when that was announced. I've yet to even play, let alone open it, but I pre-ordered this sequel, but if you like it, chances are I'll dig it too! Heck, I'm finally getting around to Ar Tonelico 2, so I can start Qoga and then the Arland Atelier games (Meruru is going to be here pretty soon! @_@)

Don't even remind me that Tales of Graces ƒ is in a few weeks as well.....how am I going to play all these?!

androvsky

I should try playing the first one. I bought it, but never played it.

Hopefully the battle system isn't as bad as I heard...

If you skip battle animations (sadly there's no toggle, you just have to mash L2), it's not too bad. IMO. Also keep in mind you can reallocate item skill points in the middle of a battle, so you can force heals to happen if you need to... after you level up a bit. :)

Huge fan of the first game(was lucky and got it a few months after release with the artbook) and was ecstatic when NISA announced localization for this.

But I just don't have the funds to throw at it right now... surely it'll still be available in a few months, right?

zroid

Banned
Goddamn it. I should probably get this now, lest I run into troubles later. Haven't even played the first one yet (whose premium edition I had pre-ordered from NISA), and I have like no money to spare.

Sigh.

I think I've decided to pass on the premium version this time, though. It's a hassle to ship it to Canada and I didn't much care for the artbook of HDN. Not nearly enough full-page artwork, it was pretty disappointing. At least it's hardcover, which I did appreciate.

androvsky

Huge fan of the first game(was lucky and got it a few months after release with the artbook) and was ecstatic when NISA announced localization for this.

But I just don't have the funds to throw at it right now... surely it'll still be available in a few months, right?

NISA's already sent out emails about the LE nearly selling out, but the regular edition should be be around. They did a reprint of the first game after it got impossible to find, so there's hope for this one too should it disappear from shelves.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Nice OT. Loved the first one. I'm a bit bummed about the shipping delay as well. The limited edition will be worth it though. Looking forward to playing this one.

zoku88

If you skip battle animations (sadly there's no toggle, you just have to mash L2), it's not too bad. IMO. Also keep in mind you can reallocate item skill points in the middle of a battle, so you can force heals to happen if you need to... after you level up a bit. :)

Eh, I'm on holiday this week, so I might as well give the thing a try anyway.

I have the LE preordered. Got the regular ending in the first one but got burned out before going for the real ending and the platinum trophy. Hopefully this game is more polished than the first.

Got the LE ordered and everything.

Just not too sure if I should go back to the first game and attempt to finish that or just tear into this one (even though I know I probably wouldn't finish either one once Tales of Graces f comes out).

Esura

Banned
Sucks I missed out on the LE. I wish I could of preordered it on Gamestop. Oh well, I don't like preordering on NIS' site.

This game looks pretty. Love the cel shade.

One can hope... I think Neptunia 1 was out of print for a while. If you want the LE though, it's now or never.

Neptunia was out of print for... I want to say 6-8 months?

But damn, the LE is so tempting. If I do spring on it, that means I'll have to give up on getting a different obscure title, like Binary Domain or Yakuza Dead Souls. This is a life or death situation and I'm going crazy!

zulux21

Can't wait for this. I enjoyed the humor in the first game... and that was about it. This one seems to have improved upon everything else so hopefully the humor will be there again. If so this could be a very special game for me. Either way I already have the special edition preordered.

Kincaido

But damn, the LE is so tempting. If I do spring on it, that means I'll have to give up on getting a different obscure title, like Binary Domain or Yakuza Dead Souls. This is a life or death situation and I'm going crazy!

I know how you feel. I'm getting them both too eventually but, I honestly think you should get this first though. They'll both be in stock and available down the line. Hell, they'll probably go down in price 3 to 4 months later like most other Sega games. This is pretty much now or never like said before.

Kincaido

Hope they don't take forever to release the DLC in the west, i need Cave in my party.

Me too. I never played with 5pb and Red since they came out way later after I decided I was done with the game. I don't even think Red is in this one either...

Verelios

Already got the gamindustri premium from the NISA store. Now just the bitter wait. Oh, and playing with my vita. (and technically the atelier games)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I don't mind seeing these kinds of games, but dear lord that Trailer was one of the absolute worst things I have ever seen.

Enjoy yourselves.

Coxy

Enjoyed the first one quite a bit, the RPG mechanics were pretty poor but simple enough and skippable enough to not be a problem, while the script and setting were really good.

The actual mechanics seem better this time and the skin editing might be fun, you should probably add that under features :D The script and localisation should hopefully be as good or better again, the twitter like thing seems like a good way of fitting in more jokes

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
We have similar taste in games, so I picked up the original back when that was announced. I've yet to even play, let alone open it, but I pre-ordered this sequel, but if you like it, chances are I'll dig it too! Heck, I'm finally getting around to Ar Tonelico 2, so I can start Qoga and then the Arland Atelier games (Meruru is going to be here pretty soon! @_@)

Don't even remind me that Tales of Graces ƒ is in a few weeks as well.....how am I going to play all these?!

Win lotto and quit job?

That's what I keep telling myself to hope for. ;_;

lljride

Awful timing with the delay, just finished FFXIII-2 over the weekend and don't want to start anything else until this arrives.

Volcynika

Was it just me or did they poorly explain the mechanics in the first game? After I did some tutorial stuff in the early parts, I was thoroughly confused about how to do certain things. I hope this game does that better.

Coxy

Was it just me or did they poorly explain the mechanics in the first game? After I did some tutorial stuff in the early parts, I was thoroughly confused about how to do certain things. I hope this game does that better.

Some stuff is pretty poorly explained for sure, like how the market share system worked

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Didn't like what I've played of the original at all, here's hoping the battle system is vastly improved, as well as the camera and the dungeon design. I wanted to like the first since I love the character designs and concept... still getting this one though due to the fact it's gonna be rare as fuck in a few weeks!

Hcoregamer00

I totally understand how you feel, it was frustrating enough balancing Grad School with playing Soul Calibur V and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Now I have to balance this game with Tales of Graces F along with still playing those two games.

Yeah, I didn't understand how marketshare worked and the way healing was handled was somewhat frustrating.

Win lotto and quit job?

That's what I keep telling myself to hope for. ;_;

Greg Gutfeld said it best, the lotto is a "tax for dreamers."

I am to rational to dream like that.

scy

I skipped the first (or forgot to buy it and decided to not pursue it later) and have no idea why I have this pre-ordered.

I think I just like to pre-order things NISA tells me about.

Hcoregamer00

Better than me, ignoring the game and regretting it later.

Only to buy it at the NIS America booth during Anime Expo and barely miss having the creators sign my copy of the game.

Top Bottom