• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: 1.2.0 update to be released on Sept. 1 in Japan + screens

L~A

Tecmo-Koei just announced it: the new update for Hyrule Warriors will be available on September 1st in Japan.

New stuff included is:

- Challenge Mode (series of chalenges to complete before the timer runs out).
- BGM setting
- new weapon for Link (Original Sword)

Bug fixes:

■ Fixed a bug that causes maximum health to be reduced after losing a battle
■ Fixed a bug that causes audio from the TV to cut out when starting a game after playing with the Wii U GamePad only
■ Fixed a bug that causes the background music to cut out on the battle victory screen
■ Fixed a bug that rarely causes the game to crash on a black screen after winning a battle
■ Fixed a bug that causes the game to crash on an unspecified screen after turning the network connection on

Important notice: this update will make you lose your progress for on-going battles, so make sure to complete them before applying it.

Some screenshots:

01_01_big.jpg
01_02_big.jpg
01_03_big.jpg

01_04_big.jpg
01_05_big.jpg
01_06_big.jpg

L~A

Can someone please translate the following?

■ バトルに敗北すると最大体力が減ることがある不具合の修正
■ Wii U GamePadだけでのプレイ後にゲームを起動すると、テレビから音が出なくなる不具合の修正
■ バトル勝利時の画面でBGMが途切れる不具合の修正
■ まれに、バトル勝利後にブラックアウトしたままゲームが停止する不具合の修正
■ 「ネットワーク接続」をONにしていると、不特定の画面でゲームが停止する不具合の修正

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahaha, that's awesome. Just when I think they've put in all the fanservice that they could, they continue to surprise me.

So will this patch be already included on the US version, or will it be something among the lines of a day-one patch?

L~A

Bug fixes:

- sound would not play from the TV when started with off-TV play and switched to on-TV
- victory BGM interrupted
- maximum attack power reduction issue when defeated
- unspecified error when in Network Connections menu
- random black screens after victory

Credits to @Broshi64 for the translation!

Bug fixes:

- sound would not play from the TV when started with off-TV play and switched to on-TV
- victory BGM interrupted
- maximum attack power reduction issue when defeated
- unspecified error when in Network Connections menu
- random black screens after victory

Credits to @Broshi64 for the translation!

It's actually maximum health reduction.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've never found challenge modes in Dynasty Warriors to be fun. Hope they have more interesting things planned.

Can someone please translate the following?

■ Fixed a bug that causes audio from the TV to cut out when starting a game after playing with the Wii U GamePad only
■ Fixed a bug that causes the background music to cut out on the battle victory screen
■ Fixed a bug that rarely causes the game to crash on a black screen after winning a battle
■ Fixed a bug that causes the game to crash on an unspecified screen after turning the network connection on

Glad they fixed the audio bug. Had no idea what was going on when it happened to me.

That original sword is great too. Hopefully othr characters get weapons too, though.

Oh, I don't know if it matters but there already was a day one patch in Japan. So the game is going from 1.1 to 2.0. I imagine they'll include this in the initial Western release.

Wonder wen they'll unlock purchasing the character costumes for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, too.

The Boat

Nice, Im completely hooked on the game, just wish it had a versus mode. I know it would be a big change from usual, but having the ability to issue some orders with the gamepad or having a dungeon master mode would be fantastic.

L~A

Glad they fixed the audio bug. Had no idea what was going on when it happened to me.

That original sword is great too. Hopefully othr characters get weapons too, though.

Oh, I don't know if it matters but there already was a day one patch in Japan. So the game is going from 1.1 to 2.0. I imagine they'll include this in the initial Western release.

Wonder wen they'll unlock purchasing the character costumes for Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf, too.

Actually, it's 1.2.0, not 2.0. No idea which version they'll include in the West... probably 1.1 but with 2.0 available Day 1.

Thanks a bunch!

By the way, important notice: this update will delete your mid-battle saves, so if you got any battles on-going, make sure you complete them before applying the update!

Jackano

I'm assuming you're talking about western releases?
I believe it will be available soon after or on day one (minus the retailers and special edition things).

When we are at it, does anyone have a guide or something to create a japanese NNID by chance?

L~A

I'm assuming you're talking about western releases?
I believe it will be available soon after or on day one (minus the retailers and special edition things).

When we are at it, does anyone have a guide or something to create a japanese NNID by chance?

No, he's talking about making the costumes available for purchase.

Nohar

That fan-service is insane. Me gusta.

Oh, I was wondering: is there a "Free mode", allowing the player to play any stage with any characters, like in DW?

L~A

Oh, I was wondering: is there a "Free mode", allowing the player to play any stage with any characters, like in DW?

No idea, actually, but if it's like Samurai Warriors Chronicles, you can replay any battle with any character once you've cleared it.

Jackano

Yes there is one, available from the start.
So far we have:

- Main story mode
- Free mode (replay the stages like you want)
- Adventure Mode (progression on the 8 bits map, pretty massive in content)
- Added in 1.2: Challenge mode (time attack challenges)

Top Bottom