• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: 1.2.0 update to be released on Sept. 1 in Japan + screens

So without getting into too many details and ruining the surprise for those of us who still have a month to wait...is the game awesome for those of us who like both Zelda and Musou games?

Zenaku

So without getting into too many details and ruining the surprise for those of us who still have a month to wait...is the game awesome for those of us who like both Zelda and Musou games?

I've been enjoying it heavily.

I'd like to say I can't wait for this update, but I have so much to do in adventure mode I probably won't touch challenge mode for a while. I wish they'd get to work on selling the Zelda costumes (eShop version only came with Link's costume set), and make one or two for Lana while they're at it.

L~A

Err... are they teasing a new character for the next update (not 1.2.0)?

「ゼルダ無双」は9月1日にver.1.2.0アップデート予定です。その後の大型アップデートで、例えば(あくまで例えばです!)【プレイアブルキャラクタを追加する】としたら、皆さんだれがいいですか?

From Twitter.

Can someone please translate? From what I understand, they're asking whether players would like it if the update included a new character. It's just an hypothesis, they say.

Err... are they teasing a new character for the next update (not 1.2.0)?

From Twitter.

Can someone please translate? From what I understand, they're asking whether players would like it if the update included a new character. It's just an hypothesis, they say.

I think this is the translation:

The Hyrule Warriors version 1.2.0 update is scheduled to be available on September 1st. After that, on a bigger update (and this is only an example!) -- an example of this sort of update would be, if say "the addition of another playable character," who would you like to be added?

I'm only 90% sure of that translation though =/

Nothing said about the "wrong weapon character" glitch being fixed... I hope that makes it to America. I so doubt that it will, but it looked fantastic.

Whoops, got the version number wrong yesterday, thanks for pointing it out.

So many people on Tumblr thinking the original
Sword is a Minecraft reference. Lol.

I think this is the translation:

The Hyrule Warriors version 1.2.0 update is scheduled to be available on September 1st. After that, on a bigger update (and this is only an example!) -- an example of this sort of update would be, if say "the addition of another playable character," who would you like to be added?

I'm only 90% sure of that translation though =/

You're spot on.

I need playable Valga please.

And Cia and Wizro. But woul also like to see someone from the Zelda universe too.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Who is the playable character?

Link with a NES Sword. :p

Pretty sure next update after this one will have a new character.

-------------------

Anyone know the update file size? That might offer clues on if anything significant besides the challenge mode, sword, bug fixes, and BGM select were added.

Scoops

Banned
01_05_big.jpg

hSbE0.gif

Zenaku

The update is 68/69MB. Just about to try it.

EDIT 1: First screen explains the patch (as well as the known stuff, is also mentions "other bug fixes", so the weapon bug might be in there), before giving you the "Sword" (280 power) which is classed as a new rank within the single-handed sword weapon class.

EDIT 2: Played the challenge mission. It's only one, but there are 3 missions within it (500 in 5 minutes, 300 with special attacks in 5 minutes, 3 enemies). Really easy though, for something called challenge mode. If you fail one of the missions (I failed the 300 with special attacks one) you still carry on anyway. I hope future challenge missions are, well, challenging.

Exile20

The update is 68/69MB. Just about to try it.

EDIT 1: First screen explains the patch (as well as the known stuff, is also mentions "other bug fixes", so the weapon bug might be in there), before giving you the "Sword" (280 power) which is classed as a new rank within the single-handed sword weapon class.

EDIT 2: Played the challenge mission. It's only one, but there are 3 missions within it (500 in 5 minutes, 300 with special attacks in 5 minutes, 3 enemies). Really easy though, for something called challenge mode. If you fail one of the missions (I failed the 300 with special attacks one) you still carry on anyway. I hope future challenge missions are, well, challenging.

Well it was free. Some games would have charged so it is great we are getting it.

Can't wait to play it

Sify64

It's worse (or better, depending of your humor):
Not only animation, but now entiere movesets and weapons are switched.
Read this on Z-U, never experienced myself those bugs, though.
Yeah, that's good. Might as well, make it a feature in the game.

L~A

From the looks of it, they'll keep adding new quests every week or so (I doubt they went and create a new mode just to have 1 lone mission). Guess we'll see soon enough.

Jackano

Note that the next update will maybe add a new character (that's not new).
It will also have the awesome feature that allow you to push the home button on the title screen (yeah, but it's annoying).

Outside Groose*, the female Link as shown in the concept art seems to be asked by the fans. Personally, I want female Link for a long time now, but I prefere her to come from Nintendo/Aonuma's core team. I fear "Linkle" (it seems people call her that) will not be appreciated enough if it comes from Tecmo Koei, even with Aonuma's greenlight.

Spoiler zone:
* Even if I'm in #TeamTingle, Groose is in the best spot to appears. HW features content from OoT, SS and TP.
OoT gets many characters but Sheik, Zelda and Impa are from the "regular" Hyrule in HW.
So OoT gets Darunia and Ruto for support, and we can say Ganon for foe.
TP gets Midna and Agitha for support, and Zant as foe.
SS gets Ghirahim as foe, and Fi as support. One supporting character less! And if that's not enough, one of the SS level feature the bombing the emprisoned thing in SS... without Groose so far.
Sorry if already discussed, it only appears to me now.

Finally, I don't understand the poitn of the challenge, but I cleared it anyway.
Going back to the adventure mode now, that thing is massive!

Top Bottom