• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: 1st (free) update to include a new game mode

L~A

This was already posted in the other thread, but looks like it went totally unnoticed, so here goes...

First update for Hyrule Warriors is almost complete, and they are currently testing it. But it won't just be about bug fixes (hi there, Zeldarunia), as it'll also include a brand new game mode. They don't tell us what this game mode is about though, but it doesn't look like something major.

Here's the tweet:

確認出来ている不具合にほぼ対処し、ちょっとした新モードも追加したアップデート、開発対応は完了。現在、配信に向けたチェック中です。皆さんになるべく早くお届け出来るように進めています!もう少しお待ち下さいね!

Thanks tonyh24613 for the heads up!

I don't know how good this game is, but seems like there's a pretty good amount of content in it. I'll definitely get it.

It's not going to be anything big but hey it's free.
I don't know what modes this game has, if I did I could try and guess what this one's going to be.

I'm personally hoping for duel mode from Warriors Orochi 3. I don't know how receptive Nintendo will be to Link chopping up Agitha (yeah I know Smash whatever). Though that really utilized that game's ridiculous roster size.

I'm personally hoping for duel mode from Warriors Orochi 3. I don't know how receptive Nintendo will be to Link chopping up Agitha (yeah I know Smash whatever). Though that really utilized that game's ridiculous roster size.

I haven't played HW or seen any of the spoiler footage, but surely there's a point where Link battles Aigtha? Generally they make it so that everyone can battle everyone. Isn't Aigtha the "enemy" on one level and you can free mode it to play as Link or something?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I want to know what the bug is based on name alone

Bvo2Oz0IMAINi8F.jpg

Jucksalbe

Banned
I'm glad to see they're supporting the game post-launch. It seems to have quite a few issues from what I've read, so I hope those get fixed too.
Also, can't wait for the European release, it still seems so far off.

L~A

Aβydoς;126562055 said:
That would be pretty major.
I'm thinking of some minigame in the style of vintage Zelda, or maybe a "Museum"-like mode similar to the trophies of Smash Bros. I don't know, but I don't think it's going to affect the gameplay that much

Yeah, it's only been one week since release, and even though they've been working on that update since the game went gold, I doubt they went and added something really big.

Good news, I'm only at the very beginning but another game mode is good for the lasting appeal of the game. Unless it's co-op focused because then I wouldn't have much opportunity to sample this ^^;

DizzyCrow

This. For me the lack of Duel Mode was a bigger let down than lack of online co-op.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Well; this is one game where hoping for online co-op to be added via a patch is reasonable in that the developer's other games and engine have always supported it. Including on the Wii U.

It's gotta be something that can be implemented rather easily, right? I mean, it's entirely possible they've been working on this mode since the game went (and perhaps even before) gold last month. I wonder how much they could do.

Can someone explain what I should be seeing in that image? I assume she shouldn't be wielding a huge hammer.

There's a bug that NPCs using the wrong weapon, so you'll see, Zelda wielding a hammer, Link flying with Midna's hair on his head, Lana wielding master sword, Link using magic book, etc.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
There's a bug that NPCs using the wrong weapon, so you'll see, Zelda wielding a hammer, Link flying with Midna's hair on his head, Lana wielding master sword, Link using magic book, etc.

That sounds like a lot of fun, though. I kinda hope they don't fix that.

Yeah this actually sounds like a fun bug, so much so I can see them referencing it in the sequel

Azure J

This should be promoted to a feature of the game. :lol

What has me skeptical, if this game mode was online-play/something we'd be happy to get, why wouldnt they just tell us already?

It would boost sales/preorders, even if by the slightest.

Banned
BMW Armor
Mercedes Shield
Audi Sword

Photo mode

My best guess is some kind of side game mode like time trials or executing certain combos. A challenge mode if you will.

shaowebb

Holy shit don't fix that its awesome! Let it rock for the Let's Plays alone :D

Top Bottom