• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

L~A

It comes from a magazine scan but... well, not allowed to post it!

On the scan, we can see Impa (from Skyward Sword).

Edit 3 : contents of the Treasure Box Edition :

Treasure Box set is available on Amazon.

Cost: 14,904 yen

Contents:

1. Game
2. Official Art Book
3. Triforce Clock
4. Costume Set ("Bravery") *3 types
5. Costume Set ("Wisdom") *3 types
6. Costume Set ("Strength") *2 types
7. The Hero's Scarf
8. Treasure Chest shaped case (with sound)

*The costume sets will be available as paid DLC post release.

Edit 2 : pics

Some pics from Famitsu : clickey!

QgV9S07.jpg
c3R5Ql0.jpg
4hnG6l3.jpg

5uZF3Un.jpg

er7AqIo.jpg

Edit : more info.

From Shinobi;

-August 14th
-Retail - 7,980 yen, eShop - 6,980, Premium Box Set - 11,664
-Premium set comes with a Triforce shaped clock, and serial codes for 6 special costumes.
-Will also be a 'Treasure Box' version available on Amazon and Tecmo Koei's online store 'GAMECITY', but no details yet on what it includes.
-Developed by ωForce, Team NINJA, supervised by Aonuma.
-Story is Link an in-training soldier must rescue the Princess Zelda from the witch Shia who has been turned evil somehow.
-2 player mode where one person is on the GamePad, while another is on the TV. When playing alone the GamePad acts as a menu.
-Equipping different weapons onto characters will change the way they fight, including speed focused one-handed swords to heavier weapons that focus on damage.
-Weapon upgrade system and character growth/improvement
-Musou action combined with the Zelda series' Z-targeting means you can avoid attacks and focus on enemy weak spots.
-Zelda series' spin attack appears instead of the Musou Ranbu (?) of the musou franchise.
-Bombs make an appearance, won't just be used for throwing at enemies.
-Impa, a captain of the Royal Army, appears as a playable character wielding a giant long sword.
-Several other characters are playable too. Aonuma was surprised by how many.
-Playable at E3.
-Development is 70% complete.

ω-Force & Team NINJA are the specific developers of Hyrule Warriors.

Download copy will be cheaper than the retail copy, but at around 10,000 yen, there's apparently a premium box to be for sale. (Prices aren't clear. Retail starts with a 7, Download with a 6 and Premium with a 10. I doubt it's a round number)

The magazine has an interview with producers Koinuma Hisashi & Hayashi Yosuke and the supervisor, Eiji Aonuma.

Leaving details of the story to StreetsAhead. I can't translate at all :p

StreetsAhead said:
Producer: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
Developer: ω-Force・Team NINJA

Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.

The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions.

Location includes Hyrule Field

Interview with the three people above. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/38930908.html#more

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good, they need games after MK8 to build a but of momentum in Japan. When is Wii Sports U getting it's retail version? Bayonetta 2 could hit as early as August I guess.

Hopefully more information comes soon; the scan is too small too read.

The game is published by Tecmo in Japan, too.

Good, they need games after MK8 to build a but of momentum in Japan. When is Wii Sports U getting it's retail version? Bayonetta 2 could hit as early as August I guess.

July 17th iirc

Awesome. This actually gives me more hope that X will release at the end of the year. I'm not a huge fan of the Dynasty Warrior games but it will be hard to pass this up. Very Excited.

Jofamo

I fucking called it.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=94035475

If this game features the (past) Impa design from Skyward Sword, then I am doubling down on this taking place during the war on the surface, between Demise and Hylia. This Link looks just like the one from the Skyward Sword prequel Manga, which you can read in the Hyrule Historia.

Iceblade

I fucking called it.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=94035475

If this game features the (past) Impa design from Skyward Sword, then I am doubling down on this taking place during the war on the surface, between Demise and Hylia. This Link looks just like the one from the Skyward Sword prequel Manga, which you can read in the Hyrule Historia.

Holy shit. That manga in Hyrule Historia was the best. I'd love for a Zelda game with that canon.

lewisgone

That's...soon.

I don't know much about Dynasty Warriors, but the teaser from last year looked really rough to me. Moblins appearing out of nowhere, and pretty shoddy graphics. And we haven't seen anything since. I don't know, the concept is really exciting to me, so I hope the game isn't just going to be a rushed reskin or a regular Dynasty Warriors game. I'm a little nervous!

waaay too soon..why can't you post the scan?

The current "scan" of Famitsu is a picture taken from afar.

It says some stuff about the story, but until we get a much better picture, it's pretty useless right now.

So even if scans were allowed on GAF, this one would be pretty useless to post.

Shiggy

Would love to see new footage after some NeoGAF users told me that the footage we got last time was from an very early version and not indicative of the final version we will get.

rokero

Impa from Skyward Sword was such a badass, I hope we can play as the bad guys too Ganondorf, Vati, Onox, Veran.. can't wait

Not being made by Nintendo probably explains why its coming out so soon. Or more likely the story is focused on a single point making it have a smallish cast(compared to DW/SW/GW) speeding things up.

dramatis

That's...soon.

I don't know much about Dynasty Warriors, but the teaser from last year looked really rough to me. Moblins appearing out of nowhere, and pretty shoddy graphics. And we haven't seen anything since. I don't know, the concept is really exciting to me, so I hope the game isn't just going to be a rushed reskin or a regular Dynasty Warriors game. I'm a little nervous!
Staple of DW games lol

Not being made by Nintendo probably explains why its coming out so soon. Or more likely the story is focused on a single point making it have a smallish cast(compared to DW/SW/GW) speeding things up.

What is 'so soon' & why does being made by Tecmo have anything to do with it? It's a longer period between announcement & release than Kirby Triple Deluxe, Super Mario 3D World, & Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

JoeM86

What is 'so soon' & why does being made by Tecmo have anything to do with it? It's a longer period between announcement & release than Kirby Triple Deluxe, Super Mario 3D World, & Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

People still seem to act like games are only started on shortly before release. It'd not surprise me if this has been in development since early 2012

Shiggy

People still seem to act like games are only started on shortly before release. It'd not surprise me if this has been in development since early 2012

Really? The way it looked like last time, it would surprise me if development started before spring 2013. Looked extremely rough.

trixx

Just search Hyrule Warriors in google-search tools-time/past hour and you should find it.

...T_T Please tell me what I just said isn't ban-worthy.

Nope don't think so long as the scans aren't posted on the site.

I don't think I could be excited for dynasty warriors game.

Just take a moment and think about it for a second.

Take a wild guess of what you would have to do to search for a scan on the Internet related to this topic.

Yeah.

Different forums vary from what I've seen, I want to ask before I get myself banned. I've seen forums that were okay with asking so long as there were no links on the board.

Top Bottom