• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: full content of the Majora's Mask pack revealed

L~A

Edit:

Hyrule Warriors: Majora's Mask Pack (Nintendo, Add-on content) - €6.99/£6.29
Contents of the pack:
- A new Adventure Mode map (Termina) with six new 8-bit weapons and sixteen new mask-inspired costumes as rewards
- Two new playable characters (Young Link and Tingle)
- Three new costumes (Skull Kid's Clothes for Lana, and Era of the Hero of Time Outfits for Sheik and Impa)

Wondering what the remaining stuff from the Majora's Mask pack is?

Well... here's the costumes (no surprises here)

012qos9a.jpg

013d0s2u.jpg

014ifs15.jpg

Adventure mode map takes place on Termina (Lumina), it seems, with some sort of time limit (and of course, there's the usual alt. costumes and 8bits weapons)

And the characters revealed during the Direct:

Characters (Young Link and Tingle): 500 Yen each
Adventure Map : 500 Yen.
Costumes: 200 Yen each.
Pack itself is 1200 Yen.

It's coming out on Jan. 29 in JP/EU, and Feb. 5 in NA.

There's also a new update. Ver. 1.5.0 coming out on January 29. It includes:

■ Raised max level for characters.
■ New potions.
■ Even more new medals.
■ New weapon skill(s)?
■ Smithy improved, adding several new options
"Delete Skill", "Check skills (before crafting)", and add "Sale weapons"
■ More information available during Adventure Mode
Total damage is visible, and you can now restart the mission without going back to the map.

Next and last DLC pack is next month (2 new game modes and that's it).

Source

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
Wait, Lana has the Skull Kid costume? In the direct I thought it was Link.

Oh well I like playing as Lana more anyway.

L~A

Does it? Looks more like Termania with the map divided into 4 like that.

Hmm... you're right. Actually read 'Lumina' (Japanese name) and saw the moon, didn't even think of Termina, ha ha. That and the fact the mooon is, technically, divided in 4 areas.

Thanks for pointing that out.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't have the Wii U eshop in front of me. If I bought that full DLC pack that had "everything", does that include everything here?

Giolon

Ugh. Do I need to get this game now?!

Why haven't you yet? It's seriously one of my favorite games of 2014.

I don't have the Wii U eshop in front of me. If I bought that full DLC pack that had "everything", does that include everything here?

Yes. And the previous two packs, and the next, final pack. And the exclusive Dark Link skin.
The only things not included are the Zelda/Link pre-order skins (which are now on sale for $1 per pair) and the Ganon skins for registering the game on Club Nintendo by some deadline I forget (may no longer be available - no word on if it'll be available by other methods).

Wait, is there a new S Rank or are the ranks done differently in Japanese? Also, I said this in the OT, but I wonder if there is a new batch of new new color swaps as well.

Dig the new 8bit fairy, still haven't unlocked the original. So much stuff to do.

JNA

Banned
006sdka5.jpg

This is one of the most incredibly bad ass picture I have ever seen.

Skull Kid about to attack Link with the goddamn moon. Link not giving a single fuck and getting ready to slice that moon in half instead.

Love this picture so much. XD

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Man, I'm dissapointed in the characters. Was hoping for skull kid and a female as the second. Tingle's fine I guess, but young link is boring.

Glad to see Impa get a unique costume. She deserves one. Though it is very weird that it and Sheik's are from Orcarina but are in a Majora's Mask pack.

I don't like the Skull Kid costumes for Lana. Tingle continues to look horrible. Oh well.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm a big fan of the Musou, and I honestly think SW4 and OPPW2 are among the best of the series. I have not played this game, but for those who are familiar with Musou titles, how does Hyrule Warriors stack up against the others?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Why haven't you yet? It's seriously one of my favorite games of 2014.

Yes. And the previous two packs, and the next, final pack. And the exclusive Dark Link skin.
The only things not included are the Zelda/Link pre-order skins (which are now on sale for $1 per pair) and the Ganon skins for registering the game on Club Nintendo by some deadline I forget (may no longer be available - no word on if it'll be available by other methods).
Missing the spinner too.
Gannon skins are up for sale.

L~A

Ok, forgot the new update. Ver. 1.5.0 coming out on January 29. Includes:

■ New potions.
■ Even more new medals.
■ New weapon skill(s)?
Total damage is visible, and you can now restart the mission without going back to the map.

i should buy this game

As I was reading the OP, I was thinking the same thing. I really wasn't interested in the game at first, despite The Legend of Zelda being my favorite series, but the more I see of it the more I want to play it. I guess it's time.

Anth0ny

As I was reading the OP, I was thinking the same thing. I really wasn't interested in the game at first, despite The Legend of Zelda being my favorite series, but the more I see of it the more I want to play it. I guess it's time.

It's fun as hell, especially if you're a big fan of the Zelda franchise. I got it for $45, super worth it.

ffdgh

006sdka5.jpg

Skull Kid about to attack Link with the goddamn moon. Link not giving a single fuck and getting ready to slice that moon in half instead.

Oh hey tatl and tale are there too. Nice throwback.

Ok, forgot the new update. Ver. 1.5.0 coming out on January 29. Includes:

■ New potions.
■ Even more new medals.
■ New weapon skill(s)?

Those last two. MEGATON!

boiled goose

good with gravy

I did not expect to like it. But it is super fun. Especially for funs. I'm not gonna go buy other warriors games, but the fan service here is what makes it. Tons of features and content.

006sdka5.jpg

For once I agree with you ;o

So glad I just bought the game last week. Got it for 40, glad, since I gotta buy all this dlc now. xD

Not again...
This game is ruining my life :p

I still haven't gotten my Link to level 150.

If it makes you feel better, I've just got my characters up to 60. I've still got a ways to go.

This game is a MUST for Zelda fans. Never played a Warriors game before and I'm having a blast with this as a Zelda fan.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Will the patch tell us how many KOs each map requires for the A rank in adventure mode? Or max damage taken? Frustrating to do a map and then realize you cleared it too quickly for the A rank because you didn't kill enough mooks.

Anth0ny

Fuck, they clearly should have remade MM for Wii U.

Right? That shot is awesome, and it's from the Musou game. It would probably look 10x better if they decided to do a full fledged remake on Wii U.

Oh well. I'm certain they'll remake at least Ocarina of Time on a HD Nintendo console at some point. Hopefully Majora's Mask, too.

I did not expect to like it. But it is super fun. Especially for funs. I'm not gonna go buy other warriors games, but the fan service here is what makes it. Tons of features and content.

Oh yes. It's just amazing how good it feels to sprint through a massive field of enemies as Link, hacking a corridor through them as you go.

With how on-point the fanservice has been for this game (shy of Skull Kid being playable, and maybe there's something we don't know about, since three of the baddies were made playable), I'm still holding out hope Groose will secretly sneak in with the last patch. It's pretty much the last obvious thing they haven't done. (Although maybe he isn't as "popular" in Japan.)

Top Bottom