• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends: Ganondorf has a new trident weapon

Ryce

According to the latest Famitsu, Ganondorf has a new lightning-based trident moveset, and it's transferable to the Wii U version of the game. Awesome.

sdqlo6Q.png

7W2Wre6.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It's about time, seriously I was befuddled how they never gave him a trident weapon to begin with

georly

Wish they would have given it to a pig ganon, but that's fine, this game has no ALttP references.

Glad he's getting something new, though. Spears/lances/tridents are some of my favorite weapons.

Can he summon fire bats with it?

Now they need to explain how people without a 3DS will get this on the WiiU

Would suck if there was no way.

I just wanna know if I can transfer saves :/ Otherwise this is a 40 dollar DLC package for my Wii U, assuming all the content is playable on Wii U. Really don't wanna replay the first 100 hours or so.

Nice!

So, so far, we know that Legends comes with five new characters and one new weapon, right? Honestly, that's more than I was expecting, but I'm hoping that there's even more. How many new levels are confirmed? Two? Three?

TI82

Banned
It looked weird in the screens since trident was piggies weapon buy oh well still more fun game to play

twelver

Are they going to make it easier to unlock things in this game? The adventure maps were a pain in the ass. Easier A rank requirements please.

georly

What if they base future Smash Bros. versions of Ganondorf on this trident-wielding one? :0

I wanted that for THIS smash, but didn't get it. Just Captain Falcondorf AGAIN. I'd settle with pig ganon as a new playable zelda rep, but that form hasn't really been in any recent games
(ALBW was a half measure)
, and certainly not mainline console games, which is what smash zelda games draw from.

well the fire rod did come from ALttP so that could be viewed as a reference

Zelda 1 had a fire rod.

studyguy

Only like two musou expacs away from KT giving everyone random weapons that don't make sense anymore with the inevitable cross promotion on other KT musou franchises. Just gotta let Nintendo agree to ride the musou gravy train.

Dreavus

Are they going to make it easier to unlock things in this game? The adventure maps were a pain in the ass. Easier A rank requirements please.

I actually enjoyed coming up with a strategy for some of the tougher levels, though a few could be toned down.

I had more of a problem with not having enough Adventure map items to go where I wanted to go starting in the Master quest map. Redoing levels I've A ranked already, in a game with HUNDREDS of missions, just became a huge chore. :(

If this legends stuff comes to the Wii U version I'll probably come back to try them out for a bit though!

Fandangox

I take solace in that this will probably end up selling primarily to people who don't have the Wii U version (or the console) so unused code for sales to get this stuff in the Wii U version should be easy to find.

I would not complay if they say this is included in that "season pass" from before ... but yea, I doubt it will be free.

But how much ? when ?

Relax.

We don't even know how much new content there is yet. It'll probably be released on the eShop. And no, of course it won't be included in the previous season pass.

Relax.

We don't even know how much new content there is yet. It'll probably be released on the eShop. And no, of course it won't be included in the previous season pass.

Yeah. I'm holding off on buying either version until details about all the content are out there. Hoping to buy the Wii U version and get all the 3DS content off ebay, but who knows if that's even how it will work.

what i wanna know if the other dlc will transfer if i didn't buy any of the other dlc's released on wii u, not just the new stuff in this game

Yeah. I'm holding off on buying either version until details about all the content are out there. Hoping to buy the Wii U version and get all the 3DS content off ebay, but who knows if that's even how it will work.

They'll probably put all the new content in one package on the eShop for the Wii U version. They might wait to do it a little while after the release of Legends for 3DS though, just to make people more inclined to buy the 3DS version. I don't think there'll be a need to scavenge for codes on eBay.

mp1990

Banned
I would not complay if they say this is included in that "season pass" from before ... but yea, I doubt it will be free.

But how much ? when ?

Well, all we can do at this point is guess, but i would bet on a DLC pack release, with all extra content from the 3DS game, after a month of HWL debut. Maybe a $9.99 price tag would be fitting ? I'm just assuming things here lol.

Kouriozan

Sounds good, I also hope it's easier to unlock stuff in the 3DS version, even more after spending 300 hours on Wii U and I'm still not done :lol

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, apparently the new story content is exclusive to Legends and cannot be transferred to the Wii U version. :|

EDIT: That's two "episodes" worth, btw; being Linkle's story and the Wind Waker content.

So, apparently the new story content is exclusive to Legends and cannot be transferred to the Wii U version. :|

EDIT: That's two "episodes" worth, btw; being Linkle's story and the Wind Waker content.

Linkle's cutscenes from the Nintendo Direct seemed Wii U-ish.

Nevertheless, that really sucks if true.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Thats bullshit, like even worse than Smash.

If that's true then I am getting Legend.

Seconded.

Has anyone played the 3DS version at a show or anything? Are they managing the same amount of enemies on screen?

Linkle's cutscenes from the Nintendo Direct seemed Wii U-ish.

Nevertheless, that really sucks if true.

Nintendo Everything, no scans, just details:

Nintendo Everything said:
It’s also important to clarify what’s exclusive in Hyrule Warriors Legends. Once again, all characters will be available in the 3DS game as well as the original Wii U title. But the Wind Waker and Linkle stories will be exclusive to Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Which if true is extremely disappointing. As for the cutscenes looking like the Wii U version, I think they might be prerendered cutscenes for Legends and they're just showing them at full resolution.

Dr. Buni

That's really cool. I might look past that terrible character (Lana) and I actually buy the Legends/3DS version of the game.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Didn't we have Wii U shots of Tetra's story mode? I feel like we're not getting the whole truth here.

Hmm, that's interesting. Old Famitsu scans (which I can't post because, y'know, scans) showed cutscenes from the Wind Waker episode marked with the Wii U border.

Of course this could have easily been a mistake from Famitsu, where they got the high-res screens and thought that they were from the Wii U version. (Interestingly, the high-res cutscenes/screens in the new scans don't have a border, because they're not from the 3DS version, and might just be the full cutscene rendered out before compression) And it makes sense since the new stages and enemies haven't been shown at all in Wii U screens, and the Wind Waker stages (may) require the new character switching mechanic, which is probably going to stay exclusive to the 3DS.

So, maybe there's no Wii U version. Or maybe they're lying to try and get people to buy the 3DS version. Idunno.

jmizzal

I'm happy for the characters and weapons transferring to WiiU

But I really want to story and being able to change characters on the fly on WiiU too

NZerker12

Hopefully Ganondorf will get the Warlock Blade as well, I mean Link has what 7/8 weapons? While Zelda has 3, considering Ganondorf is apart of the trio he should at least get a few more.

Top Bottom