• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

TheMoon

hwlotbannerv0sd4.jpg

Developed by: Omega Force & Team Ninja
Published by: Nintendo (NA/PAL) / Koei Tecmo (Japan)
JP Title: Zelda Musou: Hyrule All-Stars
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Release Dates: January 21, 2016 (JP) / March 24, 2015 (PAL) / March 25, 2016 (NA)
Genre: Musou-style Brawler / Territory Control Real-Time Strategy
Multiplayer: No (but there is trading for Fairy Skills for up to 4 people locally)
amiibo: Yes (Zelda-universe amiibo give character-related weapon drops, random amiibo give random loot)
New Nintendo 3DS enhanced: Yes (Stereocopic 3D support, improved framerate, C-stick for Z-target switching & camera control, ZL to lock-on)
StreetPass: Yes (StreetPass Links for Adventure Mode, was online feature on Wii U)
SpotPass: Yes (same as StreetPass)
Demo available: Yes (JP/PAL only)
DLC: Yes, see below for details
eShop download file size in blocks: 16,109 blocks (about 1.97 GB)
eManual: Official eManual PDF from NOE

hwlnew7ysp4.png

A key new gameplay element is the ability to switch between the characters that are on the map currently at any point. This is new and exclusive to the 3DS version and lets you approach the whole game very differently.

Here's more thanks to Baloonatic:

A few other additions I didn't see in the OP.

- You can activate owl statues in the stages that let you warp across the battlefield quickly.
- Adventure maps are completely reworked. First map will unlock all the characters. Second map is the Great Sea which will unlock level 2 weapons for all characters and some costumes. Third map is the Master Quest map which gives you level 3 weapons and more costumes. Don't know specifics about the other two maps.
- The more characters you tell to approach a boss, the more benefits you will get. 2 characters fills your magic meter by 50% and lets you replenish magic meter by killing normal enemies, 3 characters makes the boss's weakness gauge deplete faster and 4 characters makes the boss take more damage.
- Attack animation after you deplete a boss's weakness gauge has been changed. It is much faster now.

Can't think of anything else right now. I'm really liking it though, better than the Wii U version outside of graphics. On N3DS at least.

As for a general new content overview, I'll let NOE's infographic explain:

hwlfaqdmsvm.png

Can I transfer saves between Wii U and 3DS versions?

No. Adventure Mode is structured completely differently in Legends and the character switching puts a different spin on story mode to make a replay feel quite different. So you're not replaying the same things the same way.​

Can I get all the new Legends content on the Wii U version?

No. You can only get some of it like the characters (a download code for the Wii U version comes packed with every retail copy and is also included with digital copies, naturally). The Legend Mode content is 3DS-exclusive, as is the new gameplay element that lets you switch between characters on the field mid-mission.​

My Fairy? Do I have to wear a Tingle costume to play this?

No. You can rescue fairies from keeps in Adventure Mode who will then aid you in battle. They have elemental affinities and can be leveled up. This is exclusive to the Legends version of the game and is not in the Wii U version.​

Where is the multiplayer?

There is no multiplayer in this version of the game. However, you can link up locally with up to four people to trade Rental Skills for your fairy.​

I don't have a New 3DS, should I buy this?

Probably not? If you can stomach low framerates and really really want to play this then go for it but know what you're getting into. There's a demo in Europe and Japan to see for yourself. Watch this DF 3DS/N3DS/Wii U framerate comparison video to get an idea.​

Why is there a difference in content between the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U Season Passes?

Directly from the FAQ on NOE's website: "With Hyrule Warriors: Legends, we wanted to provide extra content that takes advantage of the game’s new features for those enjoying the new My Fairy Mode and enhanced Adventure Mode on Nintendo 3DS family systems".​

hwldlc5qst5.png

This DLC overview is taken directly from Perfectly Nintendo. So huge thanks to L~A for compiling this!
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/h...release-planning-and-pricing-for-all-regions/

Season Pass

The Season Pass is called “Legends of Hyrule Pack”, and comes in three variants:

Nintendo 3DS Only Season Pass

Contents: all upcoming DLC for Hyrule Warriors: Legends (Nintendo 3DS) + Free The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker costume for Ganondorf
Release date: March 24th (Europe), March 25th (Japan, North America)
Price: £13.49 / €14.99 / 2 315 Yen + taxes / US$14.99 / CDN$21.19

Nintendo 3DS + Wii U Season Pass

Contents: all upcoming DLC for both Hyrule Warriors: Legends (Nintendo 3DS) and Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) + Free The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker costume for Ganondorf
Release date: March 24th (Europe), March 25th (Japan, North America)
Price: £15.29 / €16.99 / 2 778 Yen + taxes / US$19.99 / CDN$28.19

Wii U Season Pass

Contents: all upcoming DLC for Hyrule Warriors (Wii U), with the exception of the Legends Character Pack + Free The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker costume for Ganondorf
Release date: Summer (Europe/North America), July (Japan)
Price: £8.99 / €9.99 / 1 389 Yen + taxes / US$9.99 / CDN$14.09

#################

DLC Packs

Master Wind Waker Pack (DLC Pack 1) [Nintendo 3DS only]

Contents: 16 new My Fairy costume pieces, the “Master” Wind Waker map for Adventure Mode (with one new adventure battle scenario)
Release date: May 19
Price: £1.79 / €1.99 / 370 Yen + taxes / US$0.99 / CDN$1.39
More details with screenshots/artwork: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-screensartworks-for-the-1st-dlc-pack/

Medli [Nintendo 3DS / Wii U]

Contents: Medli
Release date:May 19
Price: Free
Notes: will be available after downloading a Software update released at the same time as the the Master Wind Waker Pack.

Link’s Awakening Pack (DLC Pack 2) [Nintendo 3DS / Wii U]

Contents: 16 new My Fairy costume pieces (3DS), 1 new map for Adventure Mode (with two new challenge battle scenarios) (3DS), 1 new playable character (Marin), 1 new weapon for Linkle
Release date: June 30
Price (3DS): £6.29 / €6.99 / 926 Yen + taxes / US$6.99 / CDN$9.89
Price (Wii U): £4.49 / €4.99 / 741 Yen + taxes / US$4.99 / CDN$7.09
Price (3DS + Wii U): £8.09 / €8.99 / 1 111 Yen + taxes / US$9.99 / CDN$14.09
Notes: if you haven’t purchased the Legend Character Pack (with the new characters from Hyrule Warriors Legends), you will get Linkle as a character, but she will only be able to use the new weapon from that DLC pack.

The Legends Character Pack (not part of the Season Pass) [Wii U]

Contents: Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Toon Link, King Daphnes, Ganondorf’s trident weapon
Release date: June 30
Price: £10.79 / €11.99 / 1 852 Yen + taxes / US$12.99 / CDN$18.39

Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack (DLC Pack 3) [Nintendo 3DS / Wii U]

Contents:15 new My Fairy costume pieces (3DS), 1 new map for Adventure Mode (with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios) (3DS), 1 new playable character, 1 new weapon for Toon Link
Release date: September 1
Notes: if you haven’t purchased the Legend Character Pack (with the new characters from Hyrule Warriors Legends), you will get Toon Link as a character, but he will only be able to use the new weapon from that DLC pack.

A Link Between Worlds Pack (DLC Pack 4) [Nintendo 3DS / Wii U]

Contents: 15 new My Fairy Costumes (3DS), 1 new map for Adventure Mode (with one new adventure battle and two new challenge battle scenarios (3DS), 2 new playable characters
Release date: October 31 (Europe/North America) / November 1 (Japan)

hwllinksudsx9.png

All screenshots taken directly from Miiverse.
4nplr.jpg
ueosn.jpg

hmrbm.jpg
zbqs8.jpg

7ioan.jpg
n1qnf.jpg

ngr5o.jpg
rtu6i.jpg

w3z1r.jpg
lubdx.jpg

Review Thread
Original Hyrule Warriors OT
DF 3DS/N3DS/Wii U framerate comparison video

amiibo trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt9XxJAY1DI
Linkle trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FqKg_ziC-c
Tetra trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNd_IT9nSVs
King Daphnes trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvzdMNKg_w
Skull Kid trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XVkLm__kT4
Characters trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBjy7mbhK7E
latest Nintendo Direct trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvmqg_TNKOk

#########

as usual, if you want anything added, let me know.

For those wondering about the new Legends missions and where you can find them (spoilers for when you can play them):

Linkle's tale is sprinkled throughout the regular missions and the new Wind Waker mission are unlocked after you beat Cia's tale.

Isomac

I tried this a bit last night and it seems to be a good version of the game. I am really happy to get those new characters for the Wii U version too. Season pass also looks like it's reasonably priced.

BooJoh

Since this has the same visiting Link feature as the Wii U version via online, I wonder if there's really any point in using up a valuable StreetPass slot for this game.

TheMoon

Excellent OT as always, thank you! That title is wonderful. ��

Thanks, max. Btw, your PM inbox is full. I put up the Nab-signal in the downloads thread already :)

Since this has the same visiting Link feature as the Wii U version via online, I wonder if there's really any point in using up a valuable StreetPass slot for this game.

I assume the ones coming via SpotPass will be purely random since 3DS doesn't have a NNID-based friends list it can use like the Wii U game. Still probably not worth using a StreetPass slot for, I think.

Boem

I just have a normal 3DS and I'm not going to buy a New3DS - is this still worth it?

Edit: Also I'm not going to buy a WiiU.

I think I'm going to get this in a few weeks. I doll the wiiu version and this seems fun for a portable.

Got a retro convention coming in April so funds on hold until after then.

- You can activate owl statues in the stages that let you warp across the battlefield quickly.
- Adventure maps are completely reworked. First map will unlock all the characters. Second map is the Great Sea which will unlock level 2 weapons for all characters and some costumes. Third map is the Master Quest map which gives you level 3 weapons and more costumes. Don't know specifics about the other two maps.
- The more characters you tell to approach a boss, the more benefits you will get. 2 characters fills your magic meter by 50% and lets you replenish magic meter by killing normal enemies, 3 characters makes the boss's weakness gauge deplete faster and 4 characters makes the boss take more damage.
- Attack animation after you deplete a boss's weakness gauge has been changed. It is much faster now.

Can't think of anything else right now. I'm really liking it though, better than the Wii U version outside of graphics. On N3DS at least.

eXistor

Holy shit the background art in the menus is horrible looking. Why on earth didn't they make some simple new art instead of using the lowest possible resolution of the old artwork, it really looks cheap as hell.

Holy shit the background art in the menus is horrible looking. Why on earth didn't they make some simple new art instead of using the lowest possible resolution of the old artwork, it really looks cheap as hell.

Yeah, the badge screens are especially ugly.

B00TE

I am so excited for this. Played the Wii U game a lot over the summer, but never cleared any of the adventure maps (my brother got the season pass and I was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff). Seems like those would be perfect on the go. Preloaded digitally and grabbing the season pass as soon as it's up!Gonna keep me busy for a long time.

Chopper

I've got a UK code for the Legends characters for the Wii U that came with my 3DS copy yesterday. I don't think I'll ever buy the Wii U version, so if anybody wants to take it off my hands, gimme a shout.

Edit: Gone.

I've got a UK code for the Legends characters for the Wii U that came with my 3DS copy yesterday. I don't think I'll ever buy the Wii U version, so if anybody wants to take it off my hands, gimme a shout.

I do! Sent you a PM just in case. An UK code should work in any Euro version of the game, right? (I'm in Spain).

I would love it since I own an og 3ds and a wii u. So won't be buying this version

Ryce

I guess there's no shame in asking: if anyone has a North American code that they're willing to part with, I'd greatly appreciate it. Words can't describe how much I want to play as Skull Kid and Tetra. It sucks that Nintendo is making us wait so long just to be able to purchase them.

TheMoon

Don't turn this into a code trading, thread, though.

Make a dedicated thread for that if that keeps popping up, please.

Piers

Just to ask, are Twilight Midna/Young Link/Tingle's weapons worked into Adventure Maps this time around?

Might get the 3DS version and hold on to the code for when there's a sale or something for Wii U. Might also just give the code away to a friend or something.

XceptioN

Neo Member
Just bought a New 3DS and got a bit excited about this game. Huge Zelda fan, but I've never really played anything like this. I wanted it on the Wii U but I never got around to buying it. I know it definitely isn't a LoZ game but I'm not entirely sure what you are even supposed to be doing in terms of long term/short term goals. Looking forward to it.

I planned on buying this solely for the Wii U code and then selling the game immediately afterwards without even playing it, as I saw no point in owning two version of the same game, one of which was technically inferior.

However, the more I learn about this game makes it sound as if the 3DS is the definitive version, with the obvious exception of the visuals.

Since I'd be buying it anyway for the code, I plan on giving it a fair shake, and seeing how I feel about it. All the extra stuff will be nice, but that graphical downgrade is a big one...

Oh, does anybody know if the bullshit 5 amiibos a day limit is still present in this one? I saw no good reason for that in the Wii U version. I own every Smash Amiibo released so far; why shouldn't I be able to benefit from that?

Camjo-Z

Just bought a New 3DS and got a bit excited about this game. Huge Zelda fan, but I've never really played anything like this. I wanted it on the Wii U but I never got around to buying it. I know it definitely isn't a LoZ game but I'm not entirely sure what you are even supposed to be doing in terms of long term/short term goals. Looking forward to it.

You run around big battlefields

You spam the same combos over and over

You grind nonstop

And you LIKE IT

TheMoon

You bash bash bash bash crowds of enemies, manage crowds, capture various points on the map to gain the upper hand, mash mash mash mash that button. Each mission gives you specific goals that usually evolve during the mission itself. "So and so is attacking the castle!" is your setup, then you get there, it turns into "capture enemy bases!" then "defeat [named enemy character]" and might end with "defeat [epic boss]" with some smaller things "(stop elite enemies from reaching your outpost)" thrown in. It's crowd management, territory control with very accessible brawler gameplay.

Any guesses on when the digital US version might activate?

Midnight like every other first party game, too.

Oh, does anybody know if the bullshit 5 amiibos a day limit is still present in this one? I saw no good reason for that in the Wii U version. I own every Smash Amiibo released so far; why shouldn't I be able to benefit from that?

Yes, it's still 5 scans per day.

Krammy

I planned on buying this solely for the Wii U code and then selling the game immediately afterwards without even playing it, as I saw no point in owning two version of the same game, one of which was technically inferior.

However, the more I learn about this game makes it sound as if the 3DS is the definitive version, with the obvious exception of the visuals.

Since I'd be buying it anyway for the code, I plan on giving it a fair shake, and seeing how I feel about it. All the extra stuff will be nice, but that graphical downgrade is a big one...

I feel the same way. I was going to get a code separately, since I've had the WiiU version since release (and loved it), but the more I read and see, the more I want this version. Despite the visual downgrade, the vibrant colours really appeals to me, and the great framerate is awesome too. Picking it up on Friday is a lock for me now.

EDIT: Holy hell, I missed that you could switch between and command party members like Dragon Quest Heroes. All the changes make this sound like a totally new game!

As someone who owns Pokkén and a fuckton of amiibos I'm entirely on board with the 5 amiibo a day limit. It means you don't have to sit there every day reading 30 god damned amiibos without feeling like you're missing out on something.

Yeah it is :( Such a drag, I have a bunch of Amiibo.

pdk27

Got an email that mine has shipped from Amazon. I am look forwarding to it. Played through the main campaign on the Wii U version but I have the ability to put more hours into my 3DS than my Wii U so I look forward to playing the adventure mode on my New 3DS.

Chase17

Nice OT! I'll probably scoop it up. Didn't do much outside of the campaign in the Wii U release so this would be a good way to go through all the content.

Top Bottom