• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends: stereoscopic 3D N3DS-only, amiibo, more new characters, etcc

TheMoon

-amiibo support is in but no details yet
-more new characters will be announced later
-Tetra, Toon Link, King of Hyrule DLC codes for Wii U version will be inside the box (so you can give them to a friend)
-Stereoscopic 3D is only available on New 3DS thanks to extra juice
-reconfirms all HW Wii U DLC will be included in HWL
-will consider DLC for HW Legends if there's enough demand, nothing planned right now
-everything from Wii U version is in the 3DS version except Challenge Mode due to the smaller screen size (note: this is not Adventure Mode, with the big 8bit maps)

source: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/t...ters-to-be-revealed-amiibo-support-confirmed/

spin me off into a musou game if old

Mendrox

-amiibo support is in but no details yet
-more new characters will be announced later
-Tetra, Toon Link, King of Hyrule DLC codes for Wii U version will be inside the box (so you can give them to a friend)
-Stereoscopic 3D is only available on New 3DS thanks to extra juice
-reconfirms all HW Wii U DLC will be included in HWL
-will consider DLC for HW Legends if there's enough demand, nothing planned right now
-everything from Wii U version is in the 3DS version except Challenge Mode due to the smaller screen size

source: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/t...ters-to-be-revealed-amiibo-support-confirmed/

So female link confirmed for me, everything else sounds good

Zalman

There should still be a way to download this content for the Wii U version without buying the 3DS one.

No 3D on regular 3DSes makes sense. I figured it'd be a demanding game.

Neoxon

I guess there had to be a cost of pushing the 3DS to its limits.

That being said, I hope the existence of such a code means that they'll consider releasing the Legends content as DLC for the Wii U. Hell, let the Toon Link Amiibo unlock the Legends content (if possible).

There should still be a way to download this content for the Wii U version without buying the 3DS one.

I know this is a round about way but you could always buy the 3DS version, take the codes and then sell the game

Piers

I misinterpreted this as Hyrule Warriors amiibo being produced. :(
HW Zelda and Impa are amazing.

Would imagine that WW content will be released as purchasable DLC at some point. Costumes for characters were initially a preorder/collectors bonus as well.

Interesting thanks for bringing this up Moon.

Interesting, i mean, the stereo 3D part. It's the first game we know of that leans more into extra visual capabilities of the New 3DS. We know the CPU are diiferent but the GPUs are the same.

i don't think Xenoblade was a direct confirmation because that game been N3DS only could have been due to certain aspects like world size which are somewhat more related to CPU and memory. So i take as a direct confirmation that the New 3DS can handle superior visuals. Monter Hunter supposedly had differences, yet the evidence provided was hard for me to judge.

So it begs the question, why didn't something like DQ:VIII took advantage of this for 3D? And also how much of a possibility is to port minecraft to the N3DS?

The fact that all characters are unlocked from the start yet it specifies they can't be transferred to the Wii U version indicates to me that cross-save functionality is not present. In which case I have absolutely zero interest in the game, and find it insulting that Wii U version owners are expected to buy it for the Wind Waker characters.

Unlocking everything in the Wii U version is unfeasible enough already for most people; much less expecting them to start over from scratch and juggle two separate instances of it.

The fact that all characters are unlocked from the start yet it specifies they can't be transferred to the Wii U version indicates to me that cross-save functionality is not present. In which case I have absolutely zero interest in the game, and find it insulting that Wii U version owners are expected to buy it for the Wind Waker characters.

By not transferable, in this context, I believe they mean you don't get the Wii u versions of dlc characters like tingle/twilight midna for buying the 3ds game. Still, I agree that the lack of cross save is worrying.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
God, I wish. I'd throw Smash's TP model amiibos off my shelves so quick if I could replace them with Hyrule Warriors ones.

Golnei

I guess you could always get these abominations.

Dew7dw8o-en3o03Tic4TBHjCKYHN2bF-zglX6Pw8Cn-DLZr760y3khs3g8HyNB0e7CXPhkCsBs6MsoPZlzPaSx2Q0XfAF6060wl_2-SmmfFWgIplZZl8OjTT=w225-h225-nc

ZeroX03

Banned
Seeing as I likely won't have the time to devote to Challenge Mode, and that the 3DS version is cheaper and comes with unlocked characters + DLC, assuming decent performance this is probably the version for me to get?

TheMoon

By not transferable, in this context, I believe they mean you don't get the Wii u versions of dlc characters like tingle/twilight midna for buying the 3ds game. Still, I agree that the lack of cross save is worrying.

That's exactly it. You don't get the Wii U DLC by having the 3DS version. Which is obvious because that makes no sense. :)

DooD1234

No challenge mode due to smaller screen size don't make sense to me. Either way that killed my interest in the game.

Edit: wait is challenge mode different than adventure mode? The one with the 8 but Zelda map.

Kouriozan

No challenge mode due to smaller screen size don't make sense to me. Either way that killed my interest in the game.

Edit: wait is challenge mode different than adventure mode? The one with the 8 but Zelda map.

Yeah.
There is 3 mode :
Legend : story stuff
Adventure : with the maps
Challenge : various objectives, at first there was only 1 challenge, then they added Boss Challenges with Ganon and stuff.

TheMoon

Challenge Mode is not Adventure Mode.

ramparter

Banned

The logical thing would be to keep it through 3ds only for a limited time and put it on eshop then.

NeonZ

Unlocking everything in the Wii U version is unfeasible enough already for most people; much less expecting them to start over from scratch and juggle two separate instances of it.

I'd expect the Adventure mode will be entirely rebalanced for the 3ds game, otherwise it'd be a rather odd experience, with some characters starting with only lvl1 weapons while others would have all weapons possibly available from the start, or even would have some weapons with all slots open from the start (like Link's Epona) while others would be stuck at lower levels. There's also the core system changes that should change the designs of the stages (swapping characters around the map, Ocarina item). Hopefully they'll have a better balance too regarding level progression in the DLC Adventure maps while adapting the game to all that.

gerudoman

lol at no stereo 3D on O3DS.

Have you seen the game? It's a miracle vanilla can run it without major sacrifices.

I don't know, I think framerate performance should always be a priority over 3D. As a 3DS owner, I take it as it will have the same performance in 3DS and N3DS, which was my only concern :D

No Cross-Save? Pass.

I guess the only thing to hope for at this point is some kind of eventual GotY-like release on the Wii U version down the line that will include the new content.

Vena

Is that even possible with the 3DS and its save format?

I have no idea.

I really hope they find a way though. I have soooo much time invested in the Wii U game and I would LOVE to bring that progress over to 3DS!

I'm likely buying the game regardless, but I really hope they're able to implement cross-saves in some fashion.

bumpkin

I have no idea.

I really hope they find a way though. I have soooo much time invested in the Wii U game and I would LOVE to bring that progress over to 3DS!

I'm likely buying the game regardless, but I really hope they're able to implement cross-saves in some fashion.
Same. It can't be that complicated, can it? I know it'd definitely up the chance that I would get the 3DS game.

Top Bottom