• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors "Master Quest" DLC Features Majora's Mask Outfits

Elfteiroh

Oh, good, I'm not the only one that is troubled by the fact the triforce is not inverted in the Hilda costume! xD

Still, these are great surprising bonus!

Oh, good, I'm not the only one that is troubled by the fact the triforce is not inverted in the Hilda costume! xD

Still, these are great surprising bonus!

Koei usually goes all out with their dlc in terms of content. So yeah, expect each DLC pack coming out to contain stuff like this ~!

NeonZ

So you get 5 costumes instead of the 2 they promised playable?

Based on these icons, there should be 15 costumes, not counting those two they promised (so, 17 in total).
Byw900GIUAA2ORu.jpg:large

They weren't reported because they're part of the Master Quest Adventure map DLC, not something separate, unlike the two outfits mentioned there. In Japan, each part of each pack can apparently be bought individually and each line in the description is referencing a piece of content that can be bought individually. So, the two outfits mentioned in the pack description can be sold separately there and are instantly made available, while these pallet and texture swaps are bought alongside the Master Quest Adventure Map and need to be unlocked there.

The Adventure mode pretty much needs unlockables to work, so I'm happy they're doing this.

Elfteiroh

Koei usually goes all out with their dlc in terms of content. So yeah, expect each DLC pack coming out to contain stuff like this ~!
From what I have seen of the DLC from the other Warriors games, they are going overboard with the content included here, and I'm mostly speaking about the unannounced content... I wonder why they never said there was that many new recolors in that DLC! That would have been way better marketing!
Saying "18 new costumes"
(Thank NeonZ for the real number)
is much more appealing than "2 new costumes"... Ok, people would have complained they are just recolors, but even then, they could have said: "2 new costumes and more than 16 recolor!" and that would have been good too.

I'm not saying I'm not happy, I'm DELIGHTED about these bonus... I just think it would have made more business sense to annonce them... They could even have said "And much more!" at the end of the description!

Oh, and NeonZ, I count 16 costumes icon, I think you forget the one under the cursor here! ;)

jnWake

I hope Ikana Canyon appears in the MM DLC. Coolest setting in almost all of Zelda (only beat by Lanayru in SS to me).

NeonZ

Well, right now we don't have any new stages confirmed at all for the DLC, but, yeah, I really hope we get another surprise and the TP and MM packs end up adding one new area for each game too as part of the Adventure mode. Still, if we get a MM stage, I hope it'd be Termina field with the four entrances to the various regions with Clock Town in the middle. It'd be the closest thing to representing the whole game in a single stage.

Oh, and NeonZ, I count 16 costumes icon, I think you forget the one under the cursor here! ;)

Huh.... good point.

Nia

Holy CRAP. These are awesome! I love they put Lulu's outfit in there. This has me looking forward to the Majora's Mask pack even more. I'm still waiting on playable Saria DLC though damn it.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
From what I have seen of the DLC from the other Warriors games, they are going overboard with the content included here, and I'm mostly speaking about the unannounced content... I wonder why they never said there was that many new recolors in that DLC! That would have been way better marketing!
Saying "18 new costumes"
(Thank NeonZ for the real number)
is much more appealing than "2 new costumes"... Ok, people would have complained they are just recolors, but even then, they could have said: "2 new costumes and more than 16 recolor!" and that would have been good too.

I'm not saying I'm not happy, I'm DELIGHTED about these bonus... I just think it would have made more business sense to annonce them... They could even have said "And much more!" at the end of the description!

Take another look.

Other Warriors games like DW8 and WO3 have costumes numbering in the hundreds to download across various packs. Not recolors either, but real costumes. Many are entirely re-touched and updated classic outfits from the older games, but they also have stuff like crazy fantasy cosplay outifts such as dressing certain heroes up as Sherlock Holmes, an Angel, Little Red Riding Hood, Beauty and the Beast, even the Predator and an Alien outift, literally hundreds of them. I also dig the 'disguise' outfits that has Samurai characters dressing up as Dynasty heroes and vice versa, funny touch if you know the heroes well enough(a real missed opportunity with Zelda!) They also do stuff like giving everyone modern-day attire such as police uniforms, tuxedos, swimsuits, joke weapons, and much more. DW8 even has a pack that changes the basic enemy models you fight into different skins, including medieval suits of armor, power ranger-esque tv superheroes, dapper gentlemen, etc...

Stage packs usually bundle 4-5 new stages in each pack(mix of new battlefields and edited current ones) but they also have around 8 new songs included to go along with them.

Big problem is that the business model lacks a season pass, so while you do get a LOT of options, they can get pricey if you want them all. But at bare minimum, a costume pack usually has between 40-130+ costumes included depending(1 for each associated hero) for a few bucks.

This Nintendo pack is a bit smarter, but I'm not all that impressed with what is on offer yet. A new Adventure map is nice, but just being another Zelda 1 world is a bit lazy as are the recolor skins. Epona is great at least, but we'll see how it all actually pans out.

I took that to mean going overboard with what we are getting for the price.

There are TONS of DLC options for Musou games, but if one was to get them all it would end up being super expensive. Here? We get a crap ton of stuff for $20.

Depending on how extensive the new stages and modes will be for the future packs, this isn't too far off from them basically releasing Hyrule Warriors: Xtreme Legends in 4 parts.

Top Bottom