• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors "Master Quest" DLC Features Majora's Mask Outfits

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yes! Even though Hyrule Warriors is getting explicit "Majora's Mask" DLC in February, the latest DLC, now available in Japan and coming to the rest of the world around the 15th, includes 2 outfits based off Majora Mask characters! And since people seem to love these Majora Mask remake hints, I thought I'd alert more people.

ZfVEb0V.jpg

First for Darunia, there's this outfit...recognize it? Perhaps take a closer look at that scar on his stomach? Yes, this outfit resembles Darmani's Ghost from Majora's Mask!

zlCfzSf5aMw9GfVoaG

Second for Ruto, she's now the lead-singer of the Indigo-Go's, Lulu!

On a related note, Zelda also gets a costume that makes her resemble Hilda from A Link Between Worlds.

zlCfzSf6q9sOhjwkb5

In addition, the DLC also has quite a fair amount of new costumes, although the rest are basic stuff such as "gothic" Agitha, maskless Zant, and purple Link.

With the Majora's Mask costumes and the Majora's Mask Pack due out in February, I am 100% expecting a Majora's Mask 3DS announcement early next year.

And Hyrule Warriors' obsession with Twilight Princess makes me wonder if a Twilight Princess HD is in the works as well.

Beth Cyra

With the Majora's Mask costumes and the Majora's Mask Pack due out in February, I am 100% expecting a Majora's Mask 3DS announcement early next year.

And Hyrule Warriors' obsession with Twilight Princess makes me wonder if a Twilight Princess HD is in the works as well.

I would love a TP HD Make over, as it's my favorite game in the franchise.

However I really don't think that is the case, I honestly just think that it's the highest rated and best selling Zelda after OoT's release so they are using stuff from it to sell HW.

With the Majora's Mask costumes and the Majora's Mask Pack due out in February

Good news for you: it's January, not February.

I would love a TP HD Make over, as it's my favorite game in the franchise.

However I really don't think that is the case, I honestly just think that it's the highest rated and best selling Zelda after OoT's release so they are using stuff from it to sell HW.

Pretty sure the developers just like it a lot.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, Hilda is only the third hand-held reference I've seen...

1. Bow-Wow (and he's a Mario character)
2. Gauntlets seems to be partially inspired by Magnetic Gloves from Oracle, as they're electric based and can repel enemies
3. Hilda costume

I might be missing something minor, but sadly that's it. :(

so, does this mean no actual Majora's Mask new characters?

No, that will be in the Majora's Mask DLC.

SerTapTap

Darmani lookin' good. Ruto's legs look...weird with that fade effect. I think I'll pick this up with DLC at some sale or another, looks good but I'm not quite sold. Certainly seem to be going a good job though.

Needs Oni link.

Fierce Deity? I thought that was in but not as a costume. Would love it to be a proper outfit though.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah, Hilda is only the third hand-held reference I've seen...

1. Bow-Wow (and he's a Mario character)
2. Gauntlets seems to be partially inspired by Magnetic Gloves from Oracle, as they're electric based and can repel enemies
3. Hilda costume

I might be missing something minor, but sadly that's it. :(

No, that will be in the Majora's Mask DLC.

It's a mix of both for Gauntlets? Not to mention more so from Twilight Princess if anything.

Watch Da Birdie

It's a mix of both for Gauntlets? Not to mention more so from Twilight Princess if anything.

A lot of the weapons seem to borrow from multiple sources. Deku Stick includes the Slingshot and Deku Leaf, Fire Rod changes into the Gust Bellows, etc.

The Gauntlets also reference the Mogma Mitts as the first combo digs through the earth. But yeah, I just theorize the Magnetic Glove reference is on purpose, in reality it's probably just a coincidence.

ZeroGravity

You're reading too much into this.

Skull Kid and Fierce Deity Link are absolute must haves in this game! And if all of this leads to a Majora's Mask remake.... do this right Nintendo!

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Tell me purple Link has black hair.

Nope. But the Scarf while not Black/Blue Checker Pattern makes it look damn close.

--------------

Fierce Deity will either be a sep character, a weapon for Link, or a Costume for Link. Probably.

Volotaire

Hmm they're not exactly Majora related. They've just skinned them in dark colours instead of subbing in a Majora model for the goron like the baby Goron or the old Goron.

Crayolan

These are pretty cool. Can't wait for the Majora's Mask characters, I'm expecting Skull Kid and another Link variation (probably Fierce Deity or Young Link).

Watch Da Birdie

Blonde =/= goth

For Japan having blonde hair is goth since it's not a natural color.

Hmm they're not exactly Majora related. They've just skinned them in dark colours instead of subbing in a Majora model for the goron like the baby Goron or the old Goron.

Uh...yeah, they are?

This costume explicitly adds a scar to the Darunia model. The Ruto one specifically puts her in a dress.

Trike

Would have loved to see Fierce Diety Link as an alternate costume, but I suppose he and Majora will be the DLC characters in Majora's Mask pack.

Top Bottom