• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new official website update (June 26) [Up: full-size screenshots]

Greenzxy

Interesting, wasn't expecting Zelda to be more popular than Link... Guess they made the right call with making Zelda playable (though that would've been really surprising if she weren't).

Nah, I think it's because it was on the YouTube front page for a while.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
So there's a chance this game has online co-op now?

God damn! Nintendo, please add an optional motion controls setup like in Reginleiv, even as paid DLC! Would make this GAME of the FOREVER!

i8lzSr8pfYWS1.jpg

The cool thing with that gameplay trailer is that i now know the consequences of that bug quest in TP. i was actually giving power to a more powerfull being !

Fandangox

https://twitter.com/zelda_musou/status/485027811573243906

Someone from KOEI forums said that Tweet states that Agitha got in because 95% of the Development team liked her a lot when reviewing possible candidates as opposed to because she was a fan favorite. Apparently something about hinting at a OoT character (although I guess we getting that much was obvious) Can someone translate to see what it says there?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
https://twitter.com/zelda_musou/status/485027811573243906

Someone from KOEI forums said that Tweet states that Agitha got in because 95% of the Development team liked her a lot when reviewing possible candidates as opposed to because she was a fan favorite. Apparently something about hinting at a OoT character (although I guess we getting that much was obvious) Can someone translate to see what it says there?
Everyone likes Agitha

So I haven't been keeping track of this overall as I'm not getting a Wii U until late next year, but my one question is does this have an actual traditional story?

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I haven't been keeping track of this overall as I'm not getting a Wii U until late next year, but my one question is does this have an actual traditional story?

If you mean if it's part of the Zelda timeline; No. It's non-canon.
As for the story of the game itself: A girl who's supposed to be the watcher of the balance of the Triforce falls in love with Link, but he only has eyes for Zelda, so she gets jealous and turns evil and kidnaps a bunch of people from a bunch of Zelda games and brings them into this game. Cue ass-kicking from Bug Princess.

Fandangox

Don't know what you mean by traditional story, but it does seem to have a single campaign as opposed to faction-based campaign like the Musou games have them now.

More like Orochi Warriors 3 or Main mode of Samurai Warriors 4 I guess.

The premise so far is that Link is a knight-in-training from Hyrule and Cia who is tasked with protecting the triforce (I think) is jealous of how close Zelda is too Link so her Jelously serves as an entry point for an outside party (most likely ganondorf) to corrupt her soul and turn her evil or something like that.

Some other minor things change like Midna being turned into an Imp by Cia instead of Zant (but he still appears in the game).

If you mean if it's part of the Zelda timeline; No. It's non-canon.
As for the story of the game itself: A girl who's supposed to be the watcher of the balance of the Triforce falls in love with Link, but he only has eyes for Zelda, so she gets jealous and turns evil and kidnaps a bunch of people from a bunch of Zelda games and brings them into this game. Cue ass-kicking from Bug Princess.
I didn't mean canon-wise, just if it had a story to play through. Always like having a reason to progress through games than just "let's kick some ass".

And is that honestly the gist of it? That's pretty good, hah.

Neiteio

I didn't mean canon-wise, just if it had a story to play through. Always like having a reason to progress through games than just "let's kick some ass".

And is that honestly the gist of it? That's pretty good, hah.
There's a witch named Cia whose responsibility is to maintain the equilibrium of the Triforce. She grows jealous when her crush, a young soldier-in-training named Link, is only interested in Zelda. Drawn to her jealousy, a dark force overcomes Cia, driving out her good soul, and she launches a campaign against her former benefactors in Hyrule. She opens the Gate of Souls to usher in fiendish foes from other eras, such as Zant from the Twilight Realm. She also has her lieutenants: Wizro, who started as a ring that'd sap the strength of great warriors, and who was given a physical body by Cia; and Valga, who traded his soul to Cia in exchange for immeasurable power. The Gate of Souls is presumably how Cia commands enemy forces from different eras of Hyrule, I.E. the Bokoblins and Moblins of Skyward Sword, the Bulblins of Twilight Princess, and the Stalchildren and Stalfos of Ocarina of Time. Meanwhile, Link, the soldier-in-training, leads Zelda's army in the fight against Cia, accompanied by Zelda herself, and Impa, captain of the royal guard and sworn protector of the royal family. And where Lana is concerned, she appears to be a sister or "other half" of Cia, who saves Agitha when Agitha is cornered by enemy forces. Agitha gives Lana a special butterfly as a gift, which is stolen by Midna when she appears in Hyrule, seemingly under the influence of a dark power herself.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I can see Ganondorf teaming up with Hyrule peeps basically to get his army back before betraying them.

Unless he was controlling Cia's actions indirectly ALL ALONG

BY2K

Membero Americo
I can see Ganondorf teaming up with Hyrule peeps basically to get his army back before betraying them.

Who said Ganondorf got his army stolen? Besides, like he'd need help to beat a witch. Pfff.

McNum

Well, if someone is messing with the balance of the Triforce, they're messing with Ganondorf. I could see him saving it... for later.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm hoping there is still some hidden playable characters yet to be revealed. And that they're not females. So far... Link is the only guy!

I'm hoping there is still some hidden playable characters yet to be revealed. And that they're not females. So far... Link is the only guy!
They've already said that half the characters are female, which indirectly tells us that half the roster is male... well, assuming we're looking at it from a binary gender/sex viewpoint of course, but the devs are Japanese so it seems a safe assumption :p

DedValve

Banned
They've already said that half the characters are female, which indirectly tells us that half the roster is male... well, assuming we're looking at it from a binary gender/sex viewpoint of course, but the devs are Japanese so it seems a safe assumption :p

Half the cast is female, the others are species with unidentified genders minus Link
and wind waker dual sword ganon

McNum

And you don't mess with the Dragmire.
I wonder what variant Ganondorf they'd make playable. And what his playstyle would be. Heavy bruiser with magic, maybe? Weapons choices being dual swords or trident?

If Ganondorf is playable, then the final story mission should have Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf team up. Triforce beatdown time.

jnWake

Seeing as we'll be able to use items in this game, I wonder if we'll get the Spinner from TP as an item. It'd fit pretty well with Mosou!

Neiteio

HW-GAF is Smash-GAF's hot sister (because HW-GAF actually has meaningful updates on a regular basis), so I guess HW-GAF should start doing avatar bets, too.

Vidiot

That's obcviously a Fi hint. Also explains why Link doesn't use the Master Sword in-game.

I'm pretty sure he will after a certain point in the story. Just like in any Zelda that had the Master Sword in it. I really don't think it would be part of the logo and be in Links hand on the box art if he didn't at some point use it.

Top Bottom