• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new official website update (June 26) [Up: full-size screenshots]

L~A

Edit: full-sized pics from 4Gamer.net

a2cstv.jpg

b6us60.jpg
co7s3w.jpg
a22kkq.jpg

doxs8i.jpg
ajtjvj.jpg
bcaji7.jpg

0095ss0v.jpg
0106xsly.jpg
011lpsil.jpg

012ebs6w.jpg
0136oswf.jpg
014tgsqi.jpg

015orsgp.jpg
01671sj2.jpg
017yzs9h.jpg

018z1j7c.jpg
0198kjs4.jpg
0203okvd.jpg

021pkkkc.jpg
022tvkfy.jpg
0237lkld.jpg

024vgjvt.jpg
025v7kqa.jpg
026p5jzt.jpg

027uekpk.jpg
028sik69.jpg
029lrknq.jpg

030wek6f.jpg
031teklo.jpg
032eskx5.jpg

033zmkp1.jpg
0344mk6a.jpg
0353gkpi.jpg

044tik3j.jpg
045osk7z.jpg
046mcj3v.jpg

036m4jxb.jpg
037ofkkz.jpg
038fokcc.jpg

0392rjk2.jpg
040eqjwl.jpg
041f2jhn.jpg

042rjjjg.jpg
043e8jof.jpg

There's more: 4000x4000 character artworks:

So, Tecmo-Koei just updated the official website for the game...

DLC costumes:

Reposting from the other thread:

From the scans;
-Lana has some sort of connection with Cia.
-Lana rescues Agitha from attack.
-As thanks, Agitha gives her a butterfly to guide the way, and joins her in the fight against Cia.
-The butterfly is stolen by Midna (it seems she will initially, or at least in part, appear as an enemy character)
-Two of the costumes from the Premium/Treasure Box have been revealed. One is Link from TP, the other is Zelda from TP. Remember, these will be sold as DLC later. You can see illustrations of them in the bottom right corner of one of the scans.

For the costumes, there's a Courage Set, Wisdom Set, and Power Set with three costumes each, so presumably there are more versions of Link/Zelda/Ganon(???) to come.

Nintendo put some screenshots on Facebook: find them here!

It's the same as those from the official website, though.

Lana is sorceress with a deep knowledge of spells, monsters, and using spells on monsters. She's very energetic and ready to give the war for Hyrule everything she's got. Lana and Cia have an unspoken hostility, even beyond the normal anger that war brings out. Lana is fiercely determined to put a halt to Cia's plans, even at the cost of her own life or happiness. Don't underestimate Lana just because she's usually so optimistic! Her natural athletic energy serves her well and allows her to quickly dive around her enemies and attack with her book of sorcery, which utilizes electrifying spells that her enemies never see coming.

Agitha is the self-proclaimed princess of the insect kingdom, late of the Era of Twilight. Agitha keeps a bright smile on at all times and looks at the world through a sweeter lens than her allies. But just because she's so cheery doesn't excuse her from battle!
Agitha’s parasol is her standard weapon, though her real strength resides in the bugs she summons forth in times of need, such as a giant beetle or a magnificent butterfly. Never underestimate the power of an insect princess!

Last seen as the boss of the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess, Argorok is a powerful Twilit Dragon enhanced by a Mirror Shard from the Mirror of Twilight. His entire body is covered with hard armor, giving him extremely high defense. Surprisingly, he has a far higher bit of intelligence compared to the usual dragons that fly around Hyrule, shown mainly with his tactic of attacking from a vantage point high above the battlefield where normal soldiers can't reach him.

Zant is the usurper king of the Twilight Realm. Once Cia used the Gate of Souls to open a portal to his era, Zant was free to continue his shadowy misdeeds in Hyrule and beyond.

He may look rather calm at a first glance, but his true nature is very frantic. He will go into fits of hysteria once he’s driven into a corner or doesn’t get his way. Dual-wielding scimitars is Zant’s style, allowing him to swing wildly about or dash with intent toward his enemies. He also possesses a great deal of magical attacks, so approach him with extreme caution.

I've been saying that Lana (the new girl) is going to end up being "good" Cia on twitter a lot, but people say I'm crazy. We got confirmation that the two are related/connected some how. It might end up that they are sisters or something.

sphagnum

Banned
Wow, I never realized that Agitha's name is a bug pun (Ageha in Japanese, similar to the Japanese word for butterfly).

Also I guess Argorok is in this?

It's crazy how much this game has progressed since they first showed it looking reeeeeeaaaalllly rough around the edges last year. Gives me some hope for Devil's Third, actually.

Kaldea

Midna still looks so goooooooood.

Lana's design is pretty blah/generic anime girl-ish to me compared to how awesome everyone else looks.

Clefargle

<3 wow, this game is looking proper decent now! Love the vibrant colors and crazy mix&match fighting. Is dat sum Midna with a hookshot? Lol

So what non-Twilight Princess elements are in this game? I know there's Impa, and there's also the moon from Majora's Mask... However, besides that, it seems very clear that this game is based on Twilight Princess.

It'll be interesting to see some Wind Waker characters in the game, if only to see what certain characters will look like in this art style (or, if they're feeling bold, to see cel-shaded characters randomly mixed in, lol).

Azure J

Hyrule Warriors Link and Zelda outfits > Twilight Princess Link and Zelda outfits. That said, this is a ridiculous amount of awesome extras.

Lana <3 I'm in love.

Not liking all the TP stuff though, that's my least favourite of the 3D games, especially from an art perspective. Hopefully they're just showing all the TP stuff first and the game as a whole is more balanced.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh shit TP Link costume...man this is by far the best looking DW game so far.

Lazy dlc, shouldn't have to pay for costumes that already exist for the characters.

Is it paid DLC ?

Top Bottom