• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new playable characters revealed during livestream

So the first pack is all characters that people expect to be in the game... oh well.

Hope the MM pack has some good characters, like Fierce Deity and Skull Kid.

JoeM86

My Kanji is terrible so I am missing a bit in the first two

September 30 - Free
Free playable three villains
Can turn on/off cut-scenes.

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest:
October 16th - 1200 Yen
1 new Weapon
New Scenario
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
November - 1200 Yen
1 new character
1 new weapon
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January - 1200 Yen
2 new characters
Adventure Map
3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February - 500 Yen
2 New Game Modes

Pre-buy all four from September 30th for 3000 yen, a saving of 1000 yen. You get Dark Link when doing so.

October 16th - 1200 Yen
New Scenario
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
November - 1200 Yen
1 new character
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January - 1200 Yen
2 new characters
Adventure Map
3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February - 500 Yen
2 New Game Modes

Pre-buy all four from September 30th for 3000 yen, a saving of 1000 yen. You get Dark Link when doing so.

Wait, are the 3 new characters not part of the first pack?

September 30 - Free

October 16th - 1200 Yen
1 new Weapon
New Scenario
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
November - 1200 Yen
1 new character
1 new weapon
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January - 1200 Yen
2 new characters
Adventure Map
3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February - 500 Yen
2 New Game Modes

Fixed some.

L~A

Pics:

cia02.jpg

pc_cia_01.jpg
pc_cia_02.jpg

volga02.jpg

pc_vol_01.jpg
pc_vol_02.jpg

wizzro02.jpg

pc_wiz_01.jpg
pc_wiz_02.jpg

No. It appears they're free in the 1.3.0 update that is coming soon.

Though StreetsAhead should probably come and check what I said. I'm only good with katakana when it is essentially English :p

That's cool of them, especially since they were 3 characters that many people expected to be playable in the first place.

L~A

Ok, updated the OP with all info from the website. Thanks for the translations, saved me lots of time! :)

I wonder when this will all be announced for the West, though?

September 30 - Free

October 16th - 1200 Yen
1 new Weapon
New Scenario
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
November - 1200 Yen
1 new character
1 new weapon
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January - 1200 Yen
2 new characters
Adventure Map
3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February - 500 Yen
2 New Game Modes

Glad those boss characters are free. It would be dumb if they weren't.

They're adding new characters including more for Twilight Princess without adding Groose. I am sad.

As for the Majora's Mask characters one will be Skull Kid while the other will either be Kid Link or Fierce Deity Link.

The Twilight Princess one has me confused as I honestly can't think of another character with a unique moveset. Oh Groose why are you so forsaken?

Hmm so there's 3 new characters all up? 1 TP and 2 MM?

I'm expecting Skull Kid and Tingle for MM. Not sure who TP will get, it's got its bases covered tbh, maybe Midna in her true form.

Golnei

Glad those boss characters are free. It would be dumb if they weren't.

They're adding new characters including more for Twilight Princess without adding Groose. I am sad.

As for the Majora's Mask characters one will be Skull Kid while the other will either be Kid Link or Fierce Deity Link.

The Twilight Princess one has me confused as I honestly can't think of another character with a unique moveset. Oh Groose why are you so forsaken?

For Twilight Princess, Ashei, Shad, Auru or Yeta could all work. Perhaps Purlo if they really want a Tingle analogue.

And while Skull Kid is a necessity, I'd rather not have another Link unless it used all of his mask transformations. Someone like Romani, Kafei, the Deku Butler or Igos du Ikana could be much more interesting.

Oh, by turning on/off cut scenes I think it just means the short intro movie that happens when a large enemy appears o the map, not story cut scenes.

Jackano

That's a huge amount of new content! Especially because of the "Adventure Map" add-ons, even if I don't expect them to be as big.
I hope it will include some new areas, but don't sound like it :/
I also wish Skullkid and Tingle are the MM characters. Or maybe Kafei and Cremia.

I...don't know how to feel about that pricing.

Thirty dollars for only five new characters (being generous and counting the weapons as characters) and some new maps? D:

Going to have to look into this more when I get home from the university. I added a quote to the HW OT.

One thing though: the Majora's Mask characters are definitely Skull Kid and Tingle. Right? Unless they go Agitha-crazy again and include UFO-Malon. Firece Deity Link is much more boring and easy compared to the characters.

Thirty dollars for only five new characters (being generous and counting the weapons as characters) and some new maps? D:
That's Team Ninja for you.

You should see what they charge just for costumes in DoA5. This is an improvement.

JoeM86

And two new modes, various costumes, new adventure maps etc.

Come on. I'm not saying it's priced amazingly, but if you're going to complain, include all features.

Feels like a rip off when compared to Mario Kart 8 DLC, but this seems about right considering how the Extreme Legends discs are usually priced at. Samurai Warriors 3 Extreme Legends added only 3 new playable characters, for instance.

"Samurai Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends is the first expansion of the game, released for the Wii in Japan on February 10, 2011. The game introduces two new modes, the "Original Career" mode which allows the opportunity to create original scenarios by completing missions and acquiring gold to increase the player's abilities and strength, as well as the series staple "Challenge" mode that has three challenges of varying objectives. It also adds new weapons, items, two new difficulty levels ("Novice" and "Hell") and stories for characters that did not have them in the original. The game also has online functionality which was not possible in the original. "

It's not an amazing DLC price like MK8, but comparing this game cost more then 75$ in Japan...

jonno394

Heres my bets -

2 Costumes - Something crap like Link but in a Blue Tunic or Red Tunic

Twilight Princess
1 new character - Human Form Midna
2 Costumes - Heros Shade (for Link), ???

Majora's Mask
2 new characters - Skull Kid, Deku Link
3 new costumes - Fierce Deity Link, ???

Heres my bets -

2 Costumes - Something crap like Link but in a Blue Tunic or Red Tunic

Twilight Princess
1 new character - Human Form Midna
2 Costumes - Heros Shade (for Link), ???

Majora's Mask
2 new characters - Skull Kid, Deku Link
3 new costumes - Fierce Deity Link, ???

spoiler pic.

KHlover

Banned
Fierce Deity Link with the Helix Sword would be difficult to resist.

Agree. Fierce Deity Link might actually make me preorder this without even having bought the game (If you can preorder the DLC from the web like you could with MK8 that is).

Top Bottom