• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: new playable characters revealed during livestream

L~A

Edit: all this also confirmed for Europe!

Just revealed during the Koei-Tecmo TGS livestream:

sanstitrec2zhb.png

Master Quest - Hyrule Warriors Pack
Twilight Princess Pack
Majora's Mask Pack
Ganon Pack

Planning for that DLC:

September 30 - Free
Free playable three villains
Can turn on/off some cut-scenes. during battles

Hyrule Warriors Master Quest:
October 16th - 1200 Yen
1 new Weapon
New Scenario
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Twilight Princess
November - 1200 Yen
1 new character
1 new weapon
Adventure Map
2 Costumes

Majora's Mask
January - 1200 Yen
2 new characters
Adventure Map
3 new costumes

Ganon Pack
February - 500 Yen
2 New Game Modes

If you pre-order the DLC, it'll cost 3000 Yen for all packs, and you'll get a Dark Link costume. All DLC + 1.3.0 update takes 1GB.

Pics:

NateDrake

So Cia, Volga, and Wizro or whatever his name is. Volga should have some cool fire-based Dragon transformation attacks.

jonno394

As expected. Not overly disappointed but I hope this isn't the only dlc to come for the game.

Any mention of cost?

Jackano

A little dispointing but still cool to have enw content.
I was expecting new characters to be playable, and not new playable (already seen in the game) characters.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Good, good! It was surprising that it wasn't from the beginning. I want to see the video, is it a
reskin of Lana
?

Sify64

Looks like there are four more DLC pack planned in the future.
Think I heard Twilight pack, Majora's Mask, Ganon and something else.
Though, I might be wrong.

It honestly didn't make sense they weren't playable in the beginning. The humanoid villains are always unlockable in Warriors games. They should be free.

jonno394

Why? Everybody knows that
there is a character named Lana in this game. I asked about a reskin, not a plot twist

Because
all characters in thegame are unique so one being a reskin might make people ask questions. Best to be safe imo

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
they should make the moon a joke character. Crash into the battlefield, 1 shot everything all at once :p

More Twilight Princess is a good thing. Also Majora's Mask is the best game outside of the three already represented to get more content with it's Orcarina connection.

If they are actually creating a lot of post-release content Groose should become a playable character. Skyward Sword having only Fi and Ghirahim while Agitha gets in rubs me the wrong way. I'll happily pay up to $8 for him alone.

jonno394

If there are additional tp characters I want ashei, hero's shade and one of the cannon operatives as a joke character.

L~A

A master quest pack
A MM pack
A TP pack
A Ganon pack
Sounds good :)

Thanks, I couldn't read that kanji for the 1st pack. From the looks of it, it does look like additional content, not just costumes. I mean, what kind of costulmes would you get with a Master Quest Pack? Master Quest didn't introduce new characters in OoT.

ramparter

Banned
I'm loving this post release support Nintendo published games have been getting
I think it's because of Koei Tecmo and I really don't like it if they are gonna just overcharge for some costumes. The store-exclusive preorder bonus was already a big foul.

Thanks, I couldn't read that kanji for the 1st pack. From the looks of it, it does look like additional content, not just costumes. I mean, what kind of costulmes would you get with a Master Quest Pack? Master Quest didn't introduce new characters in OoT.

Maybe a lot of challenge mode stages.

Edit: or just three villains?

Because
all characters in thegame are unique so one being a reskin might make people ask questions. Best to be safe imo

Funnily enough, his question raised no flags, but your explanation sure does :) Luckily I won't be playing Hyrule warriors (or any Warriors game) for story anytime soon.

Top Bottom