• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: over 1m units shipped WW

L~A

Koei-Tecmo just announced it apparently. Looks like total shipments for Hyrule Warriors have reached 1m units. Sadly, no other numbers for now (like shipments for EU/NA/JP, though we have some data for some of them like over 400k for NA and 120k for Japan).

Of course, it's shipped units (not sold), but pretty sure it includes eShop sales.

They're offering some wallpapers on the official website to celebrate: Link!

wallpaper01_1920x1080.jpg
wallpaper02_1920x1080.jpg
wallpaper03_1920x1080.jpg

wallpaper04_1920x1080.jpg
wallpaper05_1920x1080.jpg
wallpaper06_1920x1080.jpg

Source

Hastati

Great!!! Here's hoping for a sequel. Or Nintendo Warriors. I feel like mainstream appeal for Musou is long overdue.

Chindogg

For a game that no one expected to do anything, its great that it's legs stretched into a pretty solid number.

Congrats to everyone involved!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
As soon as they stop making it (very very very) very loosely historical and start making it about Zelda, oh ho ho....

Sad Dynasty Warriors fan here

DooD1234

Seem like it hits it's shipped goal they were hoping for. Wasn't someone at Koei hoping for a million shipped when all said and done. I played a little bit at my brothers place and the game just oozes fanservice and that was only the tip of the iceberg as I haven't tried adventure mode or challenge mode yet.

random25

Congratulations to both Tecmo-Koei and Nintendo for a successful collaboration! It's just a matter of time before sales reaches a million.

Shengar

1 million?! Never expected HW have such legs o_O
Grats to KT, hope this mean that they'll gonba bring DQH worldwide.

JoeM86

Huzzah, another entry into the 1m club

Great!!! Here's hoping for a sequel. Or Nintendo Warriors. I feel like mainstream appeal for Musou is long overdue.

Nintendo Warriors using amiibo to unlock characters. It'd be both horrific and glorious

xaszatm

Banned
1 million?! Never expected HW have such legs o_O
Grats to KT, hope this mean that they'll gonba bring DQH worldwide.

I thought that was Square Enix, not a Warriors spin-off

OT: WOOO! Alright! Now either make a sequel or have Waluigi debut!

69wpm

Awesome, this game totally deserves it. Haven't bought a game with this much content in forever. I hope Nintendo is now open to more Musou games.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I suppose there's a bit of overshipment, but, for what we know

Around 400,000 (digital included) up to December in US
Around 132,000 (digital for first two months included) up to Week 1, 2015 in Japan (Famitsu numbers)

Already 532,000 from those. I suppose, when you include European numbers, the game is overall around 800,000 units sold WW, if not slightly more.

Still, the difference shouldn't be SO big between overall shipments and sold-through.

In the end, congrats Nintendo/Tecmo-Koei

deleted

That's great to hear :)

Maybe that absolutely fantastic Donkey Kong Warriors idea, that someone had here will be next.

How much are Mosou games normally selling? Do we have numbers for other spin offs like One Piece?

This game deserves big numbers. And the DLC support has just been amazing, not to mention the general improvements to the game and mechanics.

NotLiquid

Congrats on a job well done to Koei and Nintendo, didn't think this would turn out as well as it did.

I guess Koei hoping that the game would sell (or ship) 1m copies wasn't unfounded after all.

Maybe that absolutely fantastic Donkey Kong Warriors idea, that someone had here will be next.

How much are Mosou games normally selling? Do we have numbers for other spin offs like One Piece?

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 1 sold 670,000 in its first week in Japan. Worldwide sales to this date are well above a million (it was 1.2 million in 2014 iirc; it is/was the 6th best-selling PS3 game in Japan). Not sure about other Mosou games but I'm pretty sure there are sales numbers or people who know sales numbers in the Warriors community thread.

NZerker12

Congrats to koei tecmo, The game is one of the best musou games around.

I believe the first one piece game sold over 1.2m in Japan alone.

EDIT: Beaten like a musou grunt.

Bazry

Smash Warriors with Amiibos unlocking different characters just seems to make too much sense for Nintendo to do it

This is great news for Nintendo. Proves that they can have decent sales with their partnerships with 3rd parties.

Too bad TW101 and Bayonetta2 underperformed.

I think this is the way Nintendo needs to follow to solve their lack of 3rd party.

Since people are asking (sold):

DW7 = 1 million +
DW8 = 0.7 million +

DW mainline games also get a tonne of smaller expansions released to boost sales. If I'm reading the table correctly, the DW7 expansions (3 of them) sold near 400k in Japan alone.

One Piece Pirate Warriors sold 1.2 million WW.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Holy shit, I was just thinking that this game would reach about a million pretty soon today.

ASIS

How many wii u titles reached one million shipped so far? I think 6. That's crazy for an install base so small. Makes it extremely clear that it's a niche console, but it's audience have pretty deep pockets.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is great news for Nintendo. Proves that they can have decent sales with their partnerships with 3rd parties.

Too bad TW101 and Bayonetta2 underperformed.

I think this is the way Nintendo needs to follow to solve their lack of 3rd party.

TW101 surely bombed immensely WW, but Bayonetta 2 is actually on a decent track compared to the SKUs of the first Bayonetta in US, at least: in 3 months, including digital, it's over 140,000 for sure, while the game took 18 months to reach 200,000 units on 360 and 150,000 on PS3. It's not a good result, but the comparison is decent enough. That's not the case in Japan, though, not at all ;_;

But yeah, I agree that Nintendo should continue with these collaborations.
And, for the love of God, give us a Lego City Undercover 2, please.

Shengar

I thought that was Square Enix, not a Warriors spin-off

OT: WOOO! Alright! Now either make a sequel or have Waluigi debut!
'
Yeah, it's not musou title and more akin to ARPG. But its developed by Omega Force and part of KT IP collaboration strategy. If SE ain't gonna do it, I hope they let KT do the job.

deleted

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 1 sold 670,000 in its first week in Japan. Worldwide sales to this date are well above a million (it was 1.2 million in 2014 iirc; it is/was the 6th best-selling PS3 game in Japan). Not sure about other Mosou games but I'm pretty sure there are sales numbers or people who know sales numbers in the Warriors community thread.

Congrats to koei tecmo, The game is one of the best musou games around.

I believe the first one piece game sold over 1.2m in Japan alone.

EDIT: Beaten like a musou grunt.

Thanks, that gives some perspective. So 1 million on Wii U should be pretty good, all things considered. Would love to see more like this.

This seems to be a good way for Nintendo to keep good relations with a 3rd Party and have them have a dedicated team for the Wii U.
And it's way better than having Mario in NBA Street during the gamecube era.

Top Bottom