• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors | Review Thread | Oh! Oh-oh! C'mon! What a hot beat!!

Striek

Played the first few levels co-op today, haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game in yonks but its fun in a dumb way, definitely not great gameplay but decent enough. The story/direction is fucking terrrrrrrrrible though even from the start.

Jobbs

Banned
excited about the generally nice reception. it look sooo fun.

anyone have any idea why NA gets this a week after everyone else, including losers like australia (kidding! I love aussies)?

pisses me off. I really want to play.

Shengar

A 9 from Jim Sterling is all I need to know. Will buy.
I'm surprised Jim Sterling not giving a perfect score :p
Probably he deduce one point because the characters are to few
Played the first few levels co-op today, haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game in yonks but its fun in a dumb way, definitely not great gameplay but decent enough. The story/direction is fucking terrrrrrrrrible though even from the start.

The golden rule of playing Musou games: You play for the characters, and nothing else. It's a bonus point if the gameplay turned out good.

Maybe I'm just dying for anything Zelda but I, for one, can't wait for Hyrule Warriors to release. The overall higher than expected scores make me even more excited!

Mendrox

Yeah, it'll stay $60 for a long time, it might be $50 in a few months, but you aren't going to see $19.99 or anything like that.

Welp, bought it on Monday for 29 Euros so... not even a month. :) It's a Musou game which many people recognize so the sales won't be that good for a Zelda game.

meppi

These franchise dynasty warriors are like one-offs though. You only play so many dynasty warriors until your ass is burnt out.

What?

0nUleVv.jpg

And that was several months ago.
Since then I added several more to the collection.

Anyway. Just shows yet again how reviews nowadays are pretty much worthless.
It's not just a matter of a reviewer having a certain preference, but more like how they completely misunderstand a whole genre or comment on a game in such a way that makes you wonder if they even played it at times. :-/

I normally only look at Nintendolife and PushSquare nowadays since the people there are fair most of the time, even if I don't always agree with their assignments.
As for Warriors games, the only voice I need to hear is Jim Sterling at this point.

popyea

This game has nothing to do with the character action genre you are describing

"Character action" is just what people who are ashamed of beat-em-ups call beat-em-ups. But broadly speaking these games come from the same root. So "Character Action" is derived from beat-em-ups and is a sub-genre of it.

Percy

Banned
"Character action" is just what people who are ashamed of beat-em-ups call beat-em-ups. But broadly speaking these games come from the same root. So "Character Action" is derived from beat-em-ups and is a sub-genre of it.

I always thought the term "character action game" was just another way of saying "Devil May Cry clone" in all honesty.

Hastati

This reviewed a lot better than I was expecting! Hopefully it sells well enough to encourage more weird spinoffs like this. Also really wish I could play it :'(

Edit: and also encourage the use of Zelda in Zelda games as a playable character.

Top Bottom