• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: update 1.3.0 available in Japan + new website update

L~A

Well, it's time for another round of character trailers!

Cia: YouTube

There's also some details on the first DLC pack, including what seems to be a new costume for Lana and Cia (can be bought separately for 200 Yens)

1016_lana_b.jpg

1016_cia_b.jpg

There's also some artworks/pics for Epona (can be bought separately for 500 Yens):

Pics for the extra scenario (can be bought separately for 500 Yens)

Additional Scenario: The Black Witch Cia
The story of the Black Witch, Cia that went untold in the original tale.
Chronicles five stories that occur in tandem with the original story, including her meeting with Valga and Wizro as well as her approach on Hyrule Castle.
What is waiting fer her at the end of this tale...

Pics for the extra Adventure map (can be bought separately for 500 Yens)... it's actually a full map, not just a few squares.

Additional Adventure Map: Master Quest Adventure Map
Adventure mode gets a new challenge-style map.
Adds 'Master Quest' rules from not being able to heal, to not being able to use items.
You can discover Cia, Valga, and Wizro's higher rank weapons as your reward.
There's also other new ranks of weapons as well as 'Master Quest' style rewards to be found.

For those in Japan, update 1.3.0 is apparently available.

Thanks JoeM86 for the AM map pic. Thanks StreetsAhead for the translations!

TEJ

Epona!

Haven't bought the game yet but this along with smash korra and bayonetta 2 are so mine <3

JoeM86

From what I can see, there are 5 missions in the scenario, which constitute a side story that ties in to the normal one, and has you play as Cia, Wizzro and Volga.

The Adventure Map gives high ranked weapons for Cia, Wizzro & Volga, and seems to have new rules, but my Japanese isn't good enough for that. It also is to give more ranks for weapons

narton

Awww man, I thought the update would come out here on the 29th too. I'm actually renting the game for the moment and was hoping to try out 1.3.0 before I returned it. But I think I definitely want to buy it now.

Crocodile

I'm not going to lie, while the fanservice looked nice I didn't think I would pick up Hyrule Warriors. All this DLC support and seeing how serious Nintendo/Toei is about this game is making me change my mind. I think I need to play a demo of this so I can confirm I like the gameplay so I can dive in without regrets.

I hope they patch in the ability to restart battles from the menu in Adventure mode.

Also, has it been confirmed the new adventure map is an entirely new map?

celebi23

This is the second game I've preordered DLC for (Mario Kart 8 was the 1st). Only a bit into the game so far but, I'm having a blast :D

I'm not going to lie, while the fanservice looked nice I didn't think I would pick up Hyrule Warriors. All this DLC support and seeing how serious Nintendo/Toei is about this game is making me change my mind. I think I need to play a demo of this so I can confirm I like the gameplay so I can dive in without regrets.

A demo is at demo stations in the US in stores like Best Buy and Target. Only one level up to a giant boss fight. Link (two weapons), Zelda and Midna are playable.

It's Dynasty Warriors.

L~A

Is the adventure map a new FULL map? Or just a few squares?

No idea... maybe someone who can read Japanese can translate? It looks like they talk about "Master Quest rules" (aka: double damage, and all), so maybe it's the same Adventure Mode map, but with double damage?

It said "no recovery" in that pic, so it's stages with special constraints. Also, Koei apologized to overseas costumer on Twitter for releasing master quest pack early in Japan. lol

roknin

OMG DAT OJOU-SAMA LAUGH

WIN

...dammit I'm going to have to buy this game T^T Still trying to hold off til Black Friday but it is hard as hell to do so right now.

L~A

It said "no recovery" in that pic, so it's stages with special constraints. Also, Koei apologized to overseas costumer on Twitter for releasing master quest pack early in Japan. lol

I think you mean just the extra character, because the Master Quest Pack won't be available until Oct. 16 even in Japan.

I think you mean just the extra character, because the Master Quest Pack won't be available until Oct. 16 even in Japan.
Epona, new scenario,adventure map and costumes are master quests' contents. People with JP WiiU are already playing them.

Are there any chances to see an edition of the game that includes all DLCs? That's the version I would buy.

Depends on if Nintendo ever felt the need to lower the price on the game and include the dlc with it(lol at that ever happening for first party). There's a strong chance that the only way to get everything is to just buy the dlc on top of the game. With dlc being a newer thing for Nintendo they may see no reason to make multiple versions of the game that have dlc included on the disc. This is also mainly done with games that sell millions anyway and having the game/dlc all on one disc is likely to be for a profit, HW on the other hand and how the WiiU is doing....will be lucky to break the million mark.

Translations:

Additional Scenario: The Black Witch Cia
The story of the Black Witch, Cia that went untold in the original tale.
Chronicles five stories that occur in tandem with the original story, including her meeting with Valga and Wizro as well as her approach on Hyrule Castle.
What is waiting fer her at the end of this tale...

Additional Adventure Map: Master Quest Adventure Map
Adventure mode gets a new challenge-style map.
Adds 'Master Quest' rules from not being able to heal, to not being able to use items.
You can discover Cia, Valga, and Wizro's higher rank weapons as your reward.
There's also other new ranks of weapons as well as 'Master Quest' style rewards to be found.

Depends on if Nintendo ever felt the need to lower the price on the game and include the dlc with it(lol at that ever happening for first party). There's a strong chance that the only way to get everything is to just buy the dlc on top of the game. With dlc being a newer thing for Nintendo they may see no reason to make multiple versions of the game that have dlc included on the disc. This is also mainly done with games that sell millions anyway and having the game/dlc all on one disc is likely to be for a profit, HW on the other hand and how the WiiU is doing....will be lucky to break the million mark.

They rarely, if ever, do GOTY versions. NSMBU got a NSLU pack, if I recall correctly, but that was more packing the game with its expansion than DLC. They haven't said anything about MK8 (and honestly selling a new retail copy for $12 of DLC seems sort of crazy). Fire Emblem never got an All-DLC version, nor did Mario Golf. NSMB2 never rolled them in to newer versions.

And Tecmo is the Japanese publisher and they're pretty vehemently against all-DLC versions. They'd rather just sell you a new version with some of the old DLC.

JoeM86

Translations:

Seems the new rank weapons seem to be mostly 8-bit ones

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSftQAo3vHJt1_
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSfspc0l2iYx6k

Also, Adventure Mode's new map does give various costumes

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSfs_kQxVbpYiu
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSftS5wnTklUxk

Seems the costumes are just variants on the model: Cia without the mask, Zant with/without his mask etc.

Seems the new rank weapons seem to be mostly 8-bit ones

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSftQAo3vHJt1_
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSfspc0l2iYx6k

Also, Adventure Mode's new map does give various costumes

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSfs_kQxVbpYiu
https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/zlCfzSftS5wnTklUxk

Seems the costumes are just variants on the model: Cia without the mask, Zant with/without his mask etc.

You can't spoil links :p
Anyway, Cia comes without mask and without mask and hat without the DLC.

Jackano

Don't seem like there is new stages and even the adventure map is the same. Add that I personally don't like the White itch dress, so I'm a little disappointed. But it's only the villains content so I guess it's still cool to get this that quickly after the release.

I do hope for true new content next time, though. Will try it out this evening at home.

JoeM86

You can't spoil links :p
Anyway, Cia comes without mask and with mask and hat without the DLC.

Yes I can, watch me :p

And that's fair enough. Never mind.

You need to jump on the DLC and regale us with stories of it, while we all hate you for the next two weeks

walnuts

They rarely, if ever, do GOTY versions. NSMBU got a NSLU pack, if I recall correctly, but that was more packing the game with its expansion than DLC. They haven't said anything about MK8 (and honestly selling a new retail copy for $12 of DLC seems sort of crazy). Fire Emblem never got an All-DLC version, nor did Mario Golf. NSMB2 never rolled them in to newer versions.

And Tecmo is the Japanese publisher and they're pretty vehemently against all-DLC versions. They'd rather just sell you a new version with some of the old DLC.

So I guess I'll have to wait till the game decreases its price considerably if I have to buy all those extra packages. Sorry but I'm not taking the risk with games that have DLCs announced from the beginning, I felt like an idiot with Saints Row 3 and the Full Package, having purchased the original one month before the full edition was announced. Since then, I rather wait for these editions.

I forgive Mario Kart 8 because I consider that the DLC packs are worth that price of 12€ with 16 extra stages. Not in the case of HW, just for an extra stage and an extra character or costumes.

So I guess I'll have to wait till the game decreases its price considerably if I have to buy all those extra packages. Sorry but I'm not taking the risk with games that have DLCs announced from the beginning, I felt like an idiot with Saints Row 3 and the Full Package, having purchased the original one month before the full edition was announced. Since then, I rather wait for these editions.

I forgive Mario Kart 8 because I consider that the DLC packs are worth that price of 12€ with 16 extra stages. Not in the case of HW, just for an extra stage and an extra character or costumes.

I feel like you kind of want to have it both ways here. You think the DLC is significant enough that the game is incomplete without it, but it's not significant enough to be satisfactory.

The main game's pretty heavy on content. I'm pretty surprised with what the DLC is offering already.

JoeM86

Don't seem like there is new stages and even the adventure map is the same. Add that I personally don't like the White itch dress, so I'm a little disappointed. But it's only the villains content so I guess it's still cool to get this that quickly after the release.

I do hope for true new content next time, though. Will try it out this evening at home.

To be fair, the adventure mode map is part of a "Master Quest" pack. It's likely to mirror the second quest of the original in terms of locations, and they have shown that there are unique challenges.

I feel like you kind of want to have it both ways here. You think the DLC is significant enough that the game is incomplete without it, but it's not significant enough to be satisfactory.

The main game's pretty heavy on content. I'm pretty surprised with what the DLC is offering already.

Agreed. This is so substantial in content, I am actually amazed.

Of course, Japan is getting screwed on pricing, but we're not. :p This pack in itself would be acceptable for £13.49, but this is just a quarter of the content.

Nohar

Are those costumes to unlock I see on the new Adventure Map?

... I'm... kinda disappointed. The new scenario is only 5 maps long (according to JoeM86), the new Adventure Map has the exact same skin as the first one, and the challenges seem to be the same, just "harder" because of the no health recovery rule. And I'm not a big fan of Link's new weapon.

So, yeah, I'm underwhelmed.

Top Bottom