• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m Not Racist

Dunki

You realize you are saying fucking nothing, right? It is so meaningless. You might as well have just rubbed your ass against the keyboard for a few minutes and hit submit and we might have a better chance of understanding any kind of logic you are trying to propose. It is all just nothing, both sides bullshit. The alt-right has no views or opinions that are worth understanding, let alone indulging for even a second.

If someone is racist, in their eyes a black person can never be on their level, so how is this dialogue that you fantasize about supposed to take place?

AGAIN and AGAIN. How do you think you should deal with this problem then? People like you always argue how it impossible while not really providing solutions. You can not punch everyone who you might think is racist because this will not change their mind or will make them scared and and some people will go even further and maybe trying to murder black people. Violence will only result in more violence

And as I said before people need to coexist no matter what except and I can not believe I have to say this over and over again. Except you put them into camps or kill them.

Euphor!a

Banned
That's what I thought but then you look at the reaction videos, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhh6yT8cwlA

And if you listen to them at the end, it seems what they took away from it was that the point was you should listen to the other side.

Not to mention the "agree to disagree" bit at the end of the original video.

So I'm kind of confused as to what the ultimate point is if it's not that everything the white guy says is racist, baseless bullshit.

I don't think reaction videos necessarily have it right, from how I interpreted it, the racist guy seemed kind of broken down (Like the actual character, which I assume was on purpose) by the end of the video where as the black guy didn't really change at all. Or I could just be reading it all wrong and it is just Both Sides: The Musical.

Euphor!a

Banned
AGAIN and AGAIN. How do you think you should deal with this problem then? People like you always argue how it impossible while not really providing solutions. You can not punch everyone who you might think is racist because this will not change their mind or will make them scared and and some people will go even further and maybe trying to murder black people. Violence will only result in more violence

And as I said before people need to coexist no matter what except and I can not believe I have to say this over and over again. Except you put them into camps or kill them.

Let it result in more violence if it has to, it is certainly not ideal, but asking black people and other minorities to kowtow to bigots is unacceptable in every form.

People are already coexisting.

Your initial post is just contradicting itself and you just ignored it. Please explain to me how a black person is supposed to talk to a racist on their level, when they will never see a black person as on their level.

Dunki

Let it result in more violence if it has to, it is certainly not ideal, but asking black people and other minorities to kowtow to bigots is unacceptable in every form.

People are already coexisting.

Your initial post is just contradicting itself and you just ignored it. Please explain to me how a black person is supposed to talk to a racist on their level, when they will never see a black person as on their level.

On their level means not in an educating way. You are not talking to little children. Talking to them in a real way. Not telling them how they are wrong but telling what you truthfully think even if its harsh. And so should the other party. This is not a shut up and listen talk this needs to be a back and forth.

Also I think it is fucking scary to believe that violence will be the way out of racism because it will result in the complete oposite. If you actually want to experience a "true" race war this is the way to archive this.

Euphor!a

Banned
On their level means not in an educating way. You are not talking to little children. Talking to them in a real way. Not telling them how they are wrong but telling what you truthfully think even if its harsh. And so should the other party. This is not a shut up and listen talk this needs to be a back and forth.

Also I think it is fucking scary to believe that violence will be the way out of racism because it will result in the complete oposite. If you actually want to experience a "true" race war this is the way to archive this.

Talking to them about what? "Please don't kill me because I am black"?

Seriously, what meaningful opinions and ideas are coming out of the alt-right that you think deserve the time of anyone let alone someone specifically affected by its hatred?

How old are you?

Dunki

Talking to them about what? "Please don't kill me because I am black"?

Seriously, what meaningful opinions and ideas are coming out of the alt-right that you think deserve the time of anyone let alone someone specifically affected by its hatred?

To solve problems you have to understand them. How is this so difficult to understand. Saying because they are racist will not help solve the problem. Beating them up will not solve the problem getting them fired will not solve the problem but honestly I am getting really tired to tell you the same thing over and over again....

So yes result to violence I do not live there anyway so if you want to turn America into a real shithole do it.

mr2xxx

Banned

Race war? You people are way too paranoid about something that won’t happen. We saw how quickly people started separating themselves from the alt-right after Charlottesville, doesn’t take much more than incidents like that to cause change.

Euphor!a

Banned
To solve problems you have to understand them. How is this so difficult to understand. Saying because they are racist will not help solve the problem. Beating them up will not solve the problem getting them fired will not solve the problem but honestly I am getting really tired to tell you the same thing over and over again....

So yes result to violence I do not live there anyway so if you want to turn America into a real shithole do it.

Stop ignoring the question.

Dunki

Race war? You people are way too paranoid about something that won't happen. We saw how quickly people started separating themselves from the alt-right after Charlottesville, doesn't take much more than incidents like that to cause change.

If you really think people let them getting punched by Antifa and co you are wrong. I still believe that Charlotsville was a reaction to Berkley and past Antifa attacks. It just needs one person to break like this and something like this will happen again.

And as far as race war goes if this keeps going on in maybe 10 years you will see this Mark my words. More and more people are unemployed for whatever reason soon they will have nothing to lose. If its getting more and more desperate people will result to violence and yes also more racism. Look at Germany before 1933. Hitler just went into power because Germany was in a huge crisis financially and socially.

Stop ignoring the question.

I am not ignoring anything.

First of all do not beg again this would be not on the same level. If you watched the video. Kind of like that. Talk what you think let the other one talk. And this video was not about a single person talking on the street to a racist person this symbolic for our society. Right now its just a shouing match on every side. There is no listening to eachother there is only angry shouting.

Euphor!a

Banned
If you really think people let them getting punched by Antifa and co you are wrong. I still believe that Charlotsville was a reaction to Berkley and past Antifa attacks. It just needs one person to break like this and something like this will happen again.

And as far as race war goes if this keeps going on in maybe 10 years you will see this Mark my words. More and more people are unemployed for whatever reason soon they will have nothing to lose. If its getting more and more desperate people will result to violence and yes also more racism. Look at Germany before 1933. Hitler just went into power because Germany was in a huge crisis financially and socially.

Speaking of Hitler, the Jews should probably just had a good chat with the Nazis to understand them better. WW2 would have never happened if they just talked it out.

I'm not understanding this need to understand racists. Why can't they try to understand everyone else?

Dude Abides

Banned

Why do you persist in commenting on American events when you so clearly know nothing about them? Charlotteville wasn’t a reaction to Berkeley. It was a reaction to plans to remove a Confederate monument. You have this bizarre notion that all the world’s ills are because racist white people are insufficiently coddled and you insist on seeing everything through that however little sense it makes.

Euphor!a

Banned
I am not ignoring anything.

First of all do not beg again this would be not on the same level. If you watched the video. Kind of like that. Talk what you think let the other one talk. And this video was not about a single person talking on the street to a racist person this symbolic for our society. Right now its just a shouing match on every side. There is no listening to eachother there is only angry shouting.

Yes, you clearly are ignoring the question.

What do you feel are some alt-right views worth listening to?

Dunki, are you attempting to spread alt-right messaging? The scenario you just posted and the motivation that you suggested as the cause of the Charlottesville rally is exactly what someone entrenched or at the very least healthily exposed to that ideology would propose, to a degree that it's directly from their rhetoric.

i-Lo

What is it about racist you want to understand that has not been understood in the past? Serious question.

Dunki

Yes, you clearly are ignoring the question.

What do you feel are some alt-right views worth listening to?

To Understand why they are like that. And understanding this will help in solving the issues. Suicide rate of white men is way higher than anyone elses. The threat I posted about unemployment rate is also why and one example. And again then there is the influence of parents, bad experiences, jealousy because they feel they have been forgotten etc.

Also teach children that they should not judge other by their skin. Also do not teach them how terrible it was back then and that you now have to respect them because of it, No just treat everyone the same. In school they will spend enough time with history.

Dont trash their brains with prejudices Dont tell them do not trust black/white kids or people. And maybe with coexisting and teaching children to not differentiate then maybe racism will be a very minor problem.

Dunki, are you attempting to spread alt-right messaging? The scenario you just posted and the motivation that you suggested as the cause of the Charlottesville rally is exactly what someone entrenched or at the very least healthily exposed to that ideology would propose, to a degree that it's directly from their rhetoric.

No. This is my own conclusion from my experience because I believe violence will result in more violence. Every violent action will eventually cause a violent reaction. And for something like charlotsville it just takes one "crazy" person to not accept selfjustice and their praise for it on the internet

Euphor!a

Banned

To Understand why they are like that. And understanding this will help in solving the issues. Suicide rate of white men is way higher than anyone elses. The threat I posted about unemployment rate is also why and one example. And again then there is the influence of parents, bad experiences, jealousy because they feel they have been forgotten etc.

Also teach children that they should not judge other by their skin. Also do not teach them how terrible it was back then and that you now have to respect them because of it, No just treat everyone the same. In school they will spend enough time with history.

Dont trash their brains with prejudices Dont tell them do not trust black/white kids or people. And maybe with coexisting and teaching children to net differentiate then amybe racism will be a very minor problem.

You are literally still ignoring the question, you can make as many dots as you want.

Dunki

You are literally still ignoring the question, you can make as many dots as you want.

I am sorry I give up. If you do not understand that you need to know the root of these problems and why they think like this to solve this than I really can not help you anymore.

Anyway its getting late hope everoyne has a great evening/night

mr2xxx

Banned

Dont trash their brains with prejudices Dont tell them do not trust black/white kids or people. And maybe with coexisting and teaching children to net differentiate then amybe racism will be a very minor problem.

No. This is my own conclusion from my experience because I believe violence will result in more violence. Every violent action will eventually cause a violent reaction. And for soemthing like charlotsville it just takes one "crazy" person to not accept selfjustice and their praise for it on the internet

It’s actually native Americans and Native Alaskans with the highest suicide rates. But let’s forget about them like we always do.

Euphor!a

Banned
I am sorry I give up. If you do not understand that you need to know the root of these problems and why they think like this to solve this than I really can not help you anymore.

Anyway its getting late hope everoyne has a great evening/night

You give up on what? I'm just asking what ideas from the alt-right you think are worth listening to.

You can't think of one? Or are you just too embarrassed to admit them publicly? You can PM them to me if you'd like.

Dunki

It's actually native Americans and Native Alaskans with the highest suicide rates. But let's forget about them like we always do.

Men die by suicide 3.5x more often than women.
On average, there are 121 suicides per day.
White males accounted for 7 of 10 suicides in 2015.
Firearms account for almost 50% of all suicides.
The rate of suicide is highest in middle age — white men in particular.

https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

You give up on what? I'm just asking what ideas from the alt-right you think are worth listening to.

I never said anything about ideas.... I said about their reasoning for their views.

Dunki

You don't know what suicide rate means, clearly, so don't use it.

And okay, let's go with that. What reasoning do you think is good for hating minorities?

If you visit the link you can see the rates by ethnicity. White males beat Native american by 3%

In 2015, the highest U.S. suicide rate (15.1) was among Whites and the second highest rate (12.6) was among American Indians and Alaska Natives (Figure 5). Much lower and roughly similar rates were found among Asians and Pacific Islanders (6.4), and Blacks (5.6).

There are no good reasons. Why do they have to be good? They are still reasons that should be explored. AGain you do not have to agree on anything racis people say but to understand or mabye know is the better word for it why they think like this will help solve problems of racism.

mr2xxx

Banned
https://afsp.org/about-suicide/suicide-statistics/

I never said anything about ideas.... I said about their reasoning for their views.

17.png

https://www.sprc.org/racial-ethnic-disparities

Euphor!a

Banned
There are no good reasons. Why do they have to be good? They are still reasons that should be explored. AGain you do not have to agree on anything racis people say but to understand or mabye know is the better word for it why they think like this will help solve problems of racism.

If there are no good reasons and they have no good ideas, they are not worth listening to. Maybe you guys should be the ones listening.

Dunki

If there are no good reasons and they have no good ideas, they are not worth listening to. Maybe you guys should be the ones listening.

First of all I am not racist or alt right since I treat everyone the fucking same. Some call this colorblind I call this being human. Secondly If you believe that this will help go for it. Because this listening part did really work out so far or?

Oh wait Trump has been elected as President. Guess it did not..

But more power to you. Go forth with your violence that you seem to think is totally fine. I do not live in the US so I could not care less. You dig your own grave. I am out,

mr2xxx

Banned
So who is wrong now?

The Suicide Prevention Resource Center or the American Foundation for suicide prevention? Eitherway both rates are really bad. And it is no a problem people should ignore.

if Suicide is an important matter to you why do you go for the group that wants tens of millions to lose their healthcare, which includes mental health resources?

Euphor!a

Banned
First of all I am not racist or alt right since I treat everyone the fucking same. Some call this colorblind I call this being human. Secondly If you believe that this will help go for it. Because this listening part did really work out so far or?

Oh wait Trump has been elected as President. Guess it did not..

But more power to you. Go forth with your violence that you seem to think is totally fine. I do not live in the US so I could not care less. You dig your own grave. I am out,

If you could not care less please stop imparting your "wisdom" on us, we're good. Thanks.

Dunki

if Suicide is an important matter to you why do you go for the group that wants tens of millions to lose their healthcare, which includes mental health resources?

I googled suicide rates for christ out loud this was the first that came up for me. But sure you win. Congratulation you won the victim award 2017....

For normal people: These figures are bad and together with the unemployment rate there you have one of the reasons for racism. Because if we learned one thing from history .Racism will only rise in a time of economic and social crisis.

i-Lo

If you visit the link you can see the rates by ethnicity. White males beat Native american by 3%

This is bizarre. The primary reason for racism iirc stems from tribalism a simple us vs them mentality based on similarities and differences and subsequently the inherent belief of superiority. Consequently, over thousands of years it has resulted enslavement of one group of people by another aggressor. In our current civilization racism or any kind of bigotry should have no place. And I'm not talking of only whites here.

Educating people today is the most civilized way of dealing with the issue.

mr2xxx

Banned
I googled suicide rates for christ out loud this was the first that came up for me. But sure you win. Congratulation you won the victim award 2017....

For normal people: These figures are bad and together with the unemployment rate there you have one of the reasons for racism. Because if we learned one thing from history .Racism will only rise in a time of economic and social crisis.

Ahhh cute play the victim when I didn’t even mention anything about your suicide rates being wrong. I just posted my source and asked a question. And guess what, Democrats want to create policies that address suicide and jobs. GOP still thinks healthcare isn’t something people should have easy access to and they believe in trickle down economics, ask Kansas how that went. If your equation to racism is suicide and unemployment, then guess what the GOP is gonna be creating plenty more racists.

Ahhh cute play the victim when I didn’t even mention anything about your suicide rates being wrong. I just posted my source and asked a question. And guess what, Democrats want to create policies that address suicide and jobs. GOP still thinks healthcare isn’t something people should have easy access to and they believe in trickle down economics, ask Kansas how that went. If your equation to racism is suicide and unemployment, then guess what the GOP is gonna be creating plenty more racists.

And now Oklahoma. Oklahomans are throwing Rs out because of the failure of conservative economic policy in their state.

I get the feeling we're talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about the "jews will not replace us," "blood and soil," and "hail victory" bigots, seems like you're talking about the "asians are good at math," "you're one of the 'good ones'" and "can i touch your hair" types. Sure minor stereotyping can be talked about, ethnic cleansing... not so much.

Oh absolutely, we were talking about 2 different things. There are a lot of subtle things that some times get passed as bigotry that in fact are ignorance or just a stupid momentary lapse of reason. One perfect example of that is one thread (that I can't find right now) about the Red Dead Redemption 2 controversy, the one about the game not featuring women. People were banned for arguing that the artist has complete artistic freedom to create the game as he wants and that he isn't obliged to include women if he didn't want to. That's obviously not bigotry although it can be shoehorned as such (and it was in that thread), because maybe the people using that argument didn't realize that yes an artist has freedom to do what he wants and yet he still has some kind of social obligations and responsibilities.

The people with unconscious bias, or subtle racism do get talked to, and coached. These people we interact with everyday, and there is constant information exchanged, listening included.

The kkk/nazis get ostracized. Think my mom's on welfare because of my skin color? Get ostracized.

I agree with that because for the reconciliation like you have in the video to happen, the person needs to be willing to throw aside his racist behavior. Like the white dude wants to listen, he wants to learn how it is for the people he resents over bullshit.

Maybe someone said at some point in his life this welfare thing, but he realizes fully that it was idiotic and he legitimately wants to change. And at that point I think the mutual understanding bit is possible. But he needs to truly want to change, that's when the dialogue happens. If a guy remains unwilling to listen and keeps being racist, then it truly is impossible to have a dialogue.

I gotta love that someone is unironically pretending the left wants to put people they don't like/disagree with into camps/kill them. That's the neo-nazis/alt-right, bud.

Azriell

Fucking hell this thread.

Video was good. IMO a lot of the racism from whites in this country stems from the differences in culture, which are hard to swallow when the default is white throughout a lot of NA and EU. Racist whites view these differences as failure or inability to assimilate, likely due to some deficiency brought on by the person's race. Racist whites cannot understand that there are other valid viewpoints, lifestyles, etc.

To me, the point of the video was not about hearing both sides out. It was about giving the white guy understanding that black people often live very different lives than whites, go through a bunch of awful shit, etc., and aren't necessarily happy about their circumstances (e.g. selling drugs). The racist's stance is that blacks deal drugs because they are lazy, and then he is confronted with the black guy's reality of not being able to get a job due to systemic racism, and then having to sell drugs to make ends meet.

We are not taking two valid viewpoints and achieving perfect understanding. We are taking a flawed viewpoint and correcting it with truth. The white guy looks down on the black guy and is angry for his "life choices." The black guy specifically says he loves the white guy but he also hates the white guy (bc the white guy is racist). The white guy is able to let go of his flawed viewpoint when the black guy explains the reality of his life as a black American. Hatred is replaced by compassion. The black guy let's go of his hate because he is no longer hated. Hugging ensues.

OH i love this.

Enter OT

Oh look a political statement, let's take a look...

Rapper's awesome, doing his art.

Neogaf riled up again. Neogaf outraged again.

Post, laugh, leave.

Ciao bella

Novoitus

Banned

Video was good. IMO a lot of the racism from whites in this country stems from the differences in culture, which are hard to swallow when the default is white throughout a lot of NA and EU. Racist whites view these differences as failure or inability to assimilate, likely due to some deficiency brought on by the person's race. Racist whites cannot understand that there are other valid viewpoints, lifestyles, etc.

To me, the point of the video was not about hearing both sides out. It was about giving the white guy understanding that black people often live very different lives than whites, go through a bunch of awful shit, etc., and aren't necessarily happy about their circumstances (e.g. selling drugs). The racist's stance is that blacks deal drugs because they are lazy, and then he is confronted with the black guy's reality of not being able to get a job due to systemic racism, and then having to sell drugs to make ends meet.

We are not taking two valid viewpoints and achieving perfect understanding. We are taking a flawed viewpoint and correcting it with truth. The white guy looks down on the black guy and is angry for his "life choices." The black guy specifically says he loves the white guy but he also hates the white guy (bc the white guy is racist). The white guy is able to let go of his flawed viewpoint when the black guy explains the reality of his life as a black American. Hatred is replaced by compassion. The black guy let's go of his hate because he is no longer hated. Hugging ensues.

Agreed.

The entire point of this song/video was trying to reach out to these MAGA people and say "please fucking understand".

Agreed.

The entire point of this song/video was trying to reach out to these MAGA people and say "please fucking understand".

We've been saying this since the 1800s. It's folly. There needs to come a point where we let these people wallow in their hate and misery and move past them. Eventually they'll die off.

RefigeKru

Banned
We've been saying this since the 1800s. It's folly. There needs to come a point where we let these people wallow in their hate and misery and move past them. Eventually they'll die off.

I look at my older brother - as I grew up, it was cool to hate on gay men, black gay men in particular (i won't act like other minority groups don't have it harder) but it seems like these aspects, being sexuality and gender, are considered more intangible compared to skin colour, and ethnicity, hell, even class is hard to transcend.

I won't blame anyone in particular though, I'm nuanced enough to understand the issue morphs depending on where you are lol

OH i love this.

Enter OT

Oh look a political statement, let's take a look...

Rapper's awesome, doing his art.

Neogaf riled up again. Neogaf outraged again.

Post, laugh, leave.

Ciao bella

God you are so cool. Do me in the dirt button with your throbbing sense of being above it all and spray your smug sense of individuality all over my face.

This is a good take, and rewatching it especially the 2nd part I agree. It's actually quite good when I sit down and digest the lyrics (they're straightforward, but cover more ground than I initially thought).

Top Bottom