• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’m Not Racist

mr2xxx

Banned
the hug at the end and the call for mutual understanding is very both sides'd

I don't know, that's not how I read it at all.

That's how a lot of people are taking it and they think it even presents two valid sides sadly. Yes I read the youtube comments and yes you shouldn't do that if you want your sanity. The hug doesn't make sense to me personally since the racist never gives an inch or shows any type of growth, seems like Lucas just wanted to end it on a positive note.

Euphor!a

Banned
That's how a lot of people are taking it and they think it even presents two valid sides sadly. Yes I read the youtube comments and yes you shouldn't do that if you want your sanity. The hug doesn't make sense to me personally since the racist never gives an inch or shows any type of growth, seems like Lucas just wanted to end it on a positive note.

I don't know, they had they racist guy basically crying at the end and he initiated the hug. I felt it was him acknowledging that he obviously didn't understand where black people were coming from and coming to the realization that he was wrong, but maybe not.

Edit: And no JordanN, we haven't forgotten. We are all still waiting for all these great alt-right views you sympathize with.

So why did they feel the need to make the white guy a neckbeard fatso and the black guy is a normal body shape?

Then the tv police thing with each of them walking around was cringey af

Sigh

Do you feel he is not an accurate representation of your people?

Lol not really

laughs-in-asian.jpg

I don't know, I think they got the dumb racist piece of shit look down pretty well.

I agree its so one sided it hilarious people are calling it both sides.

White guy is obese which immediately gives you a sense of disgust, gets to go first because he is privileged. Constantly has an angry expression while saying his shit.

Black guy is fit, remains calm and dismissive of the hate spewed at him. When he makes his points agressively while dominating the white man who then listens...and learns.

The white guy realizes he is wrong and makes the effort to hug first.

Its like white guilt the music video

Thank god im asian and not on facebook cos this shit isnt even subtle

mr2xxx

Banned
I don't know, they had they racist guy basically crying at the end and he initiated the hug. I felt it was him acknowledging that he obviously didn't understand where black people were coming from and coming to the realization that he was wrong, but maybe not.

Edit: And no JordanN, we haven't forgotten. We are all still waiting for all these great alt-right views you sympathize with.

I get what your saying but reality kinda kills the possibility of that even happening.

this "im an asian transgender woman living in europe" thing isn't working

i think it's time to rebrand
We all know Asian transgender women from outside the US hang out in alt right forums and r/T_D and call people soy boy (because a transgender MtF is sooo likely to want to call men out for low testosterone). It's definitely not made up.

lol

puh lease

Your move from Lime to RastaMentality isnt going too well either..

I can help you brainstorm some ideas via pm. Here’s just a taste though:

“I’m a 30 year old Wesleyan-educated African American man currently employed by Goldman Sachs. I made it out the ghetto. Black people make too many excuses for themselves”

“I am an ICE agent of Mexican descent operating out of San Antonio, Texas. My family immigrated to the United States the right way, and so should the illegals.”

“I am a white gay male living in Manchester. I used to appreciate my diverse community, but all that changed after that fateful Ariana Grande show...”

My inbox is open if you’d like to hear more

its so fucking weird that you, a trans person, would make fun of someone else for their supposed estrogen levels lmao

We all know Asian transgender women from outside the US hang out in alt right forums and r/T_D and call people soy boy (because a transgender MtF is sooo likely to want to call men out for low testosterone). It's definitely not made up.

Soy boy is also a trans catch all for those guys on tinder who super like you and are usually: bi, skinny and very effeminate. They are basically bottoms who wanna play with a girl with a dick, they always want to catch and never pitch.

First of all: lol @ the trashtalking in here. Always fun to see Rasta, 7echnicolor and Rocket rile up each other.

@topic: i think it's a bad video. The white guy clearly IS a racist, a very hateful one even. What the video ignores, though, is that this racist has a history, too. People don't wake up and decide to be racist. It's ironic how the video asks for the story of the black guy but ignores the white guy's story, because.

That's where I'll always disagree with old NeoGAF-attitudes: it's wrong to just dismiss these people, call them deplorables, and have them fade out of your life. These are poor people, too, but literally nobody gives a shit about them. Thus creating anger withun them.

Racism sucks. Both for those it adresses AND those it consumes.

lol, all these people here breaking down the meaning of Joyner's song that HE wrote all the while it obvious they never had heard of him before this or heard his music before. Go listen to some of his music and then come back with your breakdown of the meaning behind his lyrics.

He's actually a great artist with a great catalog of music a btw.

Relativ9

Leaving the politics behind of a bit, that was a fantastic track, I've got to check this guy out. Any recommendations for tracks?

Leaving the politics behind of a bit, that was a fantastic track, I've got to check this guy out. Any recommendations for tracks?

It really depends on what type of music you listen to and want to hear, he has deeper more emotional stuff that focuses on his song writing with a bunch of tracks thrown in there that's more aimed at the average music listener who just wants to hear something catchy that sounds great. But some of my favorites would be I'm sorry, Just Like You, Forever, Ross Capicchioni and Happy Birthday, they're the first ones that pop into my head but really he has a ton of great tracks. If you like any of those then i'd just let youtube suggestions roll through a bunch of his stuff because he really is a great songwriter and has a lot of decent songs.

He's using the term the same way black people use it, not saying it's OKAY, everything fine people he's saying Nigga, its cool, keep yo panties on. Just pointing it out, a lot of white people I come across want to use the ni##er term, just that one, you don't hear the KKK screaming about down with all Nigga's, no would also say the ER version. That's all dude

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

I can't agree with this.

First of all: lol @ the trashtalking in here. Always fun to see Rasta, 7echnicolor and Rocket rile up each other.

@topic: i think it's a bad video. The white guy clearly IS a racist, a very hateful one even. What the video ignores, though, is that this racist has a history, too. People don't wake up and decide to be racist. It's ironic how the video asks for the story of the black guy but ignores the white guy's story, because.

That's where I'll always disagree with old NeoGAF-attitudes: it's wrong to just dismiss these people, call them deplorables, and have them fade out of your life. These are poor people, too, but literally nobody gives a shit about them. Thus creating anger withun them.

Racism sucks. Both for those it adresses AND those it consumes.

This post is a bit dumb. “Nobody gives a shit about them” is a complete lie. The plight of the white working class is always centered in political discussion. Just look at the recent US election. This occurs despite the facts that other groups that are far worse off receive less attention and the US is nearing full employment. Maybe the white working class would be less angry if they started voting for their interests. Voting for republicans because they will hurt minorities more than they will hurt you is a bad look.

This post is a bit dumb. “Nobody gives a shit about them” is a complete lie. The plight of the white working class is always centered in political discussion. Just look at the recent US election. This occurs despite the facts that other groups that are far worse off receive less attention and the US is nearing full employment. Maybe the white working class would be less angry if they started voting for their interests. Voting for republicans because they will hurt minorities more than they will hurt you is a bad look.

The white people I thought of is rural America and those have been neglected during the election, too, outside of some Trump ralleys (and see what happened ...). I wasn't talking about dancy white New Yorkers.

Lulubop

What is it about Trump that you relate to? Is it his racism maybe? His incompetence?
I want an answer to this!

I figured. All those people scared to say what they really meant due to the old GAF hive mind. Turns out it was what everyone figured it was going to be. Can’t say I’m shocked.
Also yea this. A bunch of fucking cowards came out from under their rocks after this board went down.

The white people I thought of is rural America and those have been neglected during the election, too, outside of some Trump ralleys (and see what happened ...). I wasn't talking about dancy white New Yorkers.

Rural white Americans are lumped in with the white working class. Again, they are the opposite of ignored. Politicians must make direct pleas to them lest they be accused of ignoring “everyday Americans”. Compare the sympathies they’re extended through this opioid epidemic to how black communities were treated during the height of the crack boom.

JordanN

Banned
Yeah it's not even being done in this very thread. People just like screaming about who's wronger.

They never cared about the song, they just want reasons to be angry.

It reverberates how America's political system is so messed up. When you had one candidate calling the other half of the country "deplorables", how does the other side not react by holding onto their less savory views?

They're both guilty. They don't want unity, they want divide and conquer tactics because it benefits certain people.

golfham

What is it about Trump that you relate to? Is it his racism maybe? His incompetence?
I like how he upsets you, and I also like how he upset Hillary and Barry.
Not sure how his so-called racism can appeal to me when I’m the child of immigrants, but your faux outrage is pathetic.

They never cared about the song, they just want reasons to be angry.

It reverberates how America's political system is so messed up. When you had one candidate calling the other half of the country "deplorables", how does the other side not react by holding onto their less savory views?

They're both guilty. They don't want unity, they want divide and conquer tactics because it benefits certain people.

Agreed 100%. Besides, in a less organized level, what are people thinking they're going to achieve here? Being right? Sympathy? Some kind of prestige in their circle jerking group of choice? I fucking swear I don't get what the goal is half the time.

Dunki

Agreed 100%. Besides, in a less organized level, what are people thinking they're going to achieve here? Being right? Sympathy? Some kind of prestige in their circle jerking group of choice? I fucking swear I don't get what the goal is half the time.

many just love to play opression Olympics guess that makes them feel better to show everyone how they are the most opressed group ever.

Top Bottom