• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am going to the movie theaters on 9/3 for the first time since the shutdown. How about you?

What will you do when theaters open near you?

• Total voters
I think it's pretty well known now that I am GAF's preeminent movie buff.

I'm going to see Tenet in IMAX. I can't freaking wait. Not just for the movie, but to just be back in theaters. Gyms opened up again a few weeks ago and now this. Slowly but surely things are returning to normal it seems.

What about you MovieGAF? When are you returning to theaters and what are you watching?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Going to see Tenet this Thursday.

I went to see Grease for $5 with my girlfriend last week and it was fine. Place was almost completely empty.

I'm sure it'll vary from city to city in terms of how crowded it is, how dangerous it is. It's not ever really been an issue in our city.

SpiceRacz

I think it's pretty well known now that I am GAF's preeminent movie buff.

tenor.gif

In all seriousness, I'll probably go when something interesting actually comes out. Looking forward to the Candyman reboot in October and Dune.

Been going for weeks, it's been awesome, especially as they've been showing old classics.

I saw New Mutants about 3 hours ago infact. It was fine. 5/10.

Ovek

7Member7
Nothing and not because of fear but just doing my little bit to kill cinemas off. I fully support a VOD future.

Nothing and not because of fear but just doing my little bit to kill cinemas off. I fully support a VOD future.
I feel you. But for me, big blockbusters like Tenet and superhero movies still warrant a trip to the theater. Otherwise I usually wait for a film to hit a streaming service.

mekes

I’ll wait it out. Covid doesn’t bother me personally anywhere near as much as it bothers me regarding those that I know. I have an elderly mum, pregnant sister, poorly mother in law etc. So I decided I would just be careful whilst this thing is going around. Plus my partner and I are brand new parents ourselves, and a friend of mine and his partner caught Covid right after welcoming a new child, it took a horrible toll on them and made things very tricky.

I do have an urge to to go and see Tenet, but I’m patient in general. Something like deciding to not go to the cinema doesn’t bug me half as much as my holiday which was cancelled or my mum not being able to see my newborn during lockdown. It is what it is.

Quasicat

My summers are almost always filled with trips to the theater, usually twice a week or more. This summer, I haven’t missed it. The only thing I’ve been really excited to see is Bill and Ted and that comes out on VOD this week.
I love the convenience, the better/cheaper snacks, and the comfort of being at home. By the time the kids and wife go to bed, I have a couple of hours on my own to watch...and it’s just me.

Top Bottom