• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Am Jazz Season 6 |OT| Hate me but don't forget to dilate me

brap

Banned
Season Premiere January 28!!
t1580263200z2.png

Ready to see Jazz's grandpa in drag and her family laughing that she has to get a lot of surgeries? Make sure to tune in!

brap

Banned

David Foster Wallace once wrote a piece about David Lynch. In the piece, he coined a new term: "Lynchian". Wallace described a Lynchian tone as "the unbelievably grotesque existing in a kind of union with the unbelievably banal."

He described a husband beating his 1950s housewife to death because she bought the wrong brand of peanut butter. "I told you to buy the JIF," he'd say as he's clobbering her to death. This, he said, would qualify as almost perfectly Lynchian.

I think "I Am Jazz" enters into Lynchian territory. The .webm above shows a simple domestic scene. The women look like average suburban moms. They're relaxing on the couch. One imagines they might be discussing casserole recipes when we cut to them. But it slowly dawns on us that in the living room, with placid expressions on their faces, they're talking about the woman's transvestite son's genitals.

Despite the obvious subtext and the producers' hope to normalize this horror, the average person is totally disgusted. Nevertheless, the viewer is fascinated. We're drawn further into this. The sheer naked horror of what they're saying, the blasé quality with which they're saying it, it creates this brutal paradox that almost rapes the viewer's basic sense of what is decent.

6 seasons of child abuse? Neat.

Season Premiere January 28!!
t1580263200z2.png

Ready to see Jazz's grandpa in drag and her family laughing that she has to get a lot of surgeries? Make sure to tune in!

The part when she describes her wound. Jesus... She could have been a healthy boy with a healthy genitalia. I guess ratings are more important.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I cannot imagine having such personal moments filmed for millions of strangers to see. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

I feel really sorry for her...and I hope the complications she suffered heal well. I also hope this shows people how serious all this is and how they shouldn't transition unless it is absolutely for certain they are truly transsexual, and that even then transition should be a last resort in order to live a fulfilling life. It is no easy path...but still worth it for some of us.

Grinchy

Banned

David Foster Wallace once wrote a piece about David Lynch. In the piece, he coined a new term: "Lynchian". Wallace described a Lynchian tone as "the unbelievably grotesque existing in a kind of union with the unbelievably banal."

He described a husband beating his 1950s housewife to death because she bought the wrong brand of peanut butter. "I told you to buy the JIF," he'd say as he's clobbering her to death. This, he said, would qualify as almost perfectly Lynchian.

I think "I Am Jazz" enters into Lynchian territory. The .webm above shows a simple domestic scene. The women look like average suburban moms. They're relaxing on the couch. One imagines they might be discussing casserole recipes when we cut to them. But it slowly dawns on us that in the living room, with placid expressions on their faces, they're talking about the woman's transvestite son's genitals.

Despite the obvious subtext and the producers' hope to normalize this horror, the average person is totally disgusted. Nevertheless, the viewer is fascinated. We're drawn further into this. The sheer naked horror of what they're saying, the blasé quality with which they're saying it, it creates this brutal paradox that almost rapes the viewer's basic sense of what is decent.

hahahaha damn, you watch this show the way I watch 90 Day Fiance. It's about the meta behind what's being showed more than what's on the surface. I get it. You have me intrigued.

brap

Banned
The doctors take so many pics of Jazz's vagina. I wonder if they do anything with them in private...

brap

Banned
I love how the surgeons are arguing. The tranny surgeon acts like she knows everything and the plastic surgeon guy is dumbfounded at what she's doing.
>why are you cutting there
>because theres a scar there
>THERES SCARS EVERYWHERE

Jazz is being mutilated

I never want to get surgery.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I love how the surgeons are arguing. The tranny surgeon acts like she knows everything and the plastic surgeon guy is dumbfounded at what she's doing.
>why are you cutting there
>because theres a scar there
>THERES SCARS EVERYWHERE

Jazz is being mutilated

I never want to get surgery.

NOT ENOUGH SKIN FOR A LABIA
FOURTH SURGERY COMING SOON

This poor girl... :messenger_pensive:

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's really sad. I blame the mom for it all. She's the one who encouraged it. Part of me just hopes Jazz dies in surgery so she doesn't have to suffer anymore.
If only people didn't give her attention...

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Yeah, it's really sad. I blame the mom for it all. She's the one who encouraged it. Part of me just hopes Jazz dies in surgery so she doesn't have to suffer anymore.

Even with all the complications, hopefully she can still recover fully and be okay. I hope before too long all the pain she has been dealing with will become a distant memory, and she can finally move on past all this and live a happy life. 😔

-Arcadia-

Banned

Am I seriously the only one here shocked that Brap

-Referenced David Foster Wallace
-Referenced and explained ‘Lynchian’
-Actually has high-level writing ability

Not to be cruel to the Brap I know and love, who is absolutely awesome the way he is, but :messenger_fearful:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love

Not to be cruel to the Brap I know and love, who is absolutely awesome the way he is, but :messenger_fearful:

I was pleasantly surprised, too.
Nice work, brap brap ! :)

Last edited:

brap

Banned

I was pleasantly surprised, too.
Nice work, brap brap ! :)
i failed like every english class i ever took. i cant right shit like that. how do i use a comma? ive seen plenty of lynch films though lol. just copied it from somewhere. sorry for the disappointment.

I cannot imagine having such personal moments filmed for millions of strangers to see. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

I feel really sorry for her...and I hope the complications she suffered heal well. I also hope this shows people how serious all this is and how they shouldn't transition unless it is absolutely for certain they are truly transsexual, and that even then transition should be a last resort in order to live a fulfilling life. It is no easy path...but still worth it for some of us.
Even if the person is truly trans i don't think mutilating their genitals will do any good. Human flesh is not like clay. These surgeons are butchering this kid. It's so sad.

I know some trans can't accept the genitals they were born with. But science still can't make a penis turn into a convincing functional vagina.

Blaire White underwent surgery to look more feminine. But as far as i know she kept her dick. I think that's the best option.

I really respect Jazz Jennings but I hope the time in the spotlight hasn't messed with her head. Most children don't get this much media coverage and it could cause problems.

I think there's a difference between a transphobe and having an opinion that a kid should not have been put through this until they could make an adult decision. Just my 2 cents.

But on the other hand forcing her to go through male puberty also has long term lasting consequences. She didn't get bottom surgery until she was of age.

Son Tofu

Banned
But on the other hand forcing her to go through male puberty also has long term lasting consequences. She didn't get bottom surgery until she was of age.
I thought she was taking hormone blockers before puberty, which lead to the problems she's now having with surgery. If she had been allowed to develop naturally, she wouldn't be having all these complicated surgical procedures.

Yea, here we go: https://www.womenshealthmag.com/hea...ngs-gender-confirmation-surgery-complication/

There has to be a banana to split. She never had a banana.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
How many times do I got to tell you, I'm not going to top you, your mom on the other hand
Ah yes, another xrans xerson in current year that is most likely a 1/10 incel that couldn't get laid so now they pretend to be a woman and threaten sexual assault on the internet. Pottery. Which one of these is you again?

Ahh yes, the 8 year old boy that was screwed over by his parents and was the first TV push to get the "awww" factor into the trans movement using kids in the late 2000s when people were pushing back (outside heavy blue states_ on this gender foolishness. To be fair it worked somewhat, not nearly every blue area is bending over backwards and parents are forcing their kids into the gender nonsense for the woke point without caring about the permanent life altering damage.

The fact they are still tracking this disaster is confusing since this would be an example of why the whole thing is stupid and the side effects.

brap

Banned
Jazz's ex bf Ahmir is back. It's very awkward. Imagine getting friendzoned by Jazz LMAO.

brap

Banned
Uh oh Jazz is binge eating again! Chicken sub with 5 drumsticks, a whole box of cookies and chocolate milk!

brap

Banned
Ew what the fuck sometimes jazz doesnt dilate. Sometimes her mom lubes it up for her and makes her do it. It's like xhe doesn't even want the vagina.

Last edited:
Top Bottom