• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am sick of the games not titled Overwatch

opricnik

Banned
no idea but since last may i didnt play any other game (more then 1-2 day).
In terms of completion just finished Bayonetta1 and thats it. Even tried Dmc4 after people said its like bayo1(it is not so boring and slow and outdated after it)

I tried bunch of games all supposedly had good ratings etc like Dishonored,DMC4,Resident evil6,CoD Ghosts,SF5 etc
Does anyone have overwatch sickness as well,not like i play game daily so much its just that if i play video game i play overwatch. Like i didnt played game for weeks missed most of last event etc but that doesnt change it

Yeah but then you get to over 200 hours played and you slow down a bit. At least I did. Still play a lot during events and I'm sure I'll get back in to it when my backlog clears up. For Honor has been my main mp game since it launched in Feb, also play some BF1 and R6 Siege every now and then with Stellaris co-op to round it out.

During the first month of Overwatch last year I was like that. I still play it regularly now but it doesn't hold my full attention. Too many good games coming out.

So play Overwatch then.

Edit: not to shitpost, but I'm not sure why this is a thread. Overwatch is a fantastic game, so if that's all you're enjoying right now then keep playing it. Gaming is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying yourself with other games then don't force it.

Not that into the game but a Switch port might change my mind

A Switch port would make me lose my mind. I'd settle for 720p/60 fps just to have it playable wherever there is WiFi. I doubt Blizzard will do that, but if the Switch keeps selling well then it would be foolish to ignore it.

Lunar15

This thread is going to be full of people shitting on you, but I think most people can attest to getting really addicted to one game and everything else not filling the same need.

I just finished P5 and I have no desire to play anything else right now because nothing else is gonna give me that fix.

This is what a great multiplayer game does to you. I feel this way about Paragon right now, and it's how I felt about Warhawk back in the day.

I love Overwatch but, I never got this mindset of "I am tired of every other game that's not X"

Like I get people like the current game you like but, it's kinda healthy to play other games too. That's just me though.

opricnik

Banned
I played 3 games of Overwatch and felt like I had enough.

Different strokes.
It almost feels like at this point i am home with the game and too lazy to learn some other new game mechanics entirely,or in singpelayer games case if its boring in some section or i stuck i just delete game and never come back i say myself why care for this boring game when u can play overwatch(game may be not boring after while but thats how i think nowadays)

Kadin

I play a few matches late at night and that fills any itch I might have. The game is fine, but it's nothing extraordinary to me. I'd rather play PUBG. I gave Paladins a try and I see no reason to play it since I have Overwatch.

Wamb0wneD

The first few months were like magic. I remember the beta and how I couldn't stop thinking about it. Now i just play to platinum every season and do some arcade for lootboxes sometimes. and shill 20 bucks for events. i think ranked has made me a bit bitter. Great game though.

Edit:
RE6 and Ghosts? Lol this guy
lol i just noticed.The hell.

Twookie

I used to be like that too, but I am so burned out of OW right now, haven't played it since I stopped playing it after last season. I've been discovering other games that I've been enjoying a lot, which I probably wouldn't do when I was in my OW craze.

Sami+

Overwatch is fine but multiplayer shooters just can't hold my interest like a good single player game does.

Eh.

McLovin

I'm actually getting ready to buy overwatch. Just recently got back into pc gaming and that looks like a great game. Kind of tempted to get battlegrounds instead though.

Budi

This thread is going to be full of people shitting on you, but I think most people can attest to getting really addicted to one game and everything else not filling the same need.

I just finished P5 and I have no desire to play anything else right now because nothing else is gonna give me that fix.

Well yeah, I've been addicted to few multiplayer games. First CS, then Wow and lastly Dota 2. Addiction isn't healthy though. After dropping Dota 2 over a year ago I've been playing way more excellent games. I've had so many great experiences I just can't get when playing only one game. I need to be careful though, now Hots has been sneaking in to take it's place as my next time waster. Need to tone it down and restrict myself to only few matches per day.

Edit: Getting a new PC helped me. After playing the Witcher 3, I was looking for new single player experiences again and Dota wasn't really in my mind at all. Also played Phantom Pain just before Witcher 3 with a computer loaned from my friend when I still couldn't buy my new one.

Cotrip

I have a similar problem, OP. Been playing only Overwatch lately.

Worst of all is my obssession with competitive. I'm trying so hard but I can't get the master rank. And I won't stop till I achieve it because of a goal that I estabilished, I simply can't move to something else until I get there.

I'm so close tho, 3400s at the moment.

eizarus

Banned
I played the shit out of it for a good few months. Then the winter update gave me the weirdest FPS drops (no consistency in them) and I've never been able to get addicted to it again now that it works.

I played a match of the beta and that was enough for me. My whole group agreed CS:GO is just a better shooter and we continued to play that instead.

Quake Champions is next up. Alpha/beta thing has been a blast.

13ruce

Banned
I have Breath of the Wild sickness.
All games besides Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2 and Persona 5 (these 3 are awesome so far) feel okayish for me now especially open world games. But i will replay those when i'm down with the honeymoon phase of BotW probably after i complete it in hard mode during summer.

But honestly now i am addicted to the new Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombies remastered dlc. I played those maps as a preteen with my childhood friends so playing them again remade is cool and makes me not think about BotW al the time lol. Same for the other 3 games i mentioned since they are fantastic.

Sure it's not Overwatch but i found this to be kinda simular:p

Magwik

Banned
I was the same way, played the ever loving shit out of it with friends, and we all eventually got extremely bored and tired of it at the beginning of the year. If you want to try out another great PC shooter give Siege a try.

ISee

It is the blizzard syndrome. Their games can suck you in. Happened to me with Brood Wars, Diablo 2, WoW, Starcraft 2 and Heroes of the storm. The 'addiction' to log in and play a quick match or two will stop, at one point. But sometimes it doesn't. Some of my old WoW guildmates are still playing. Nearly every day, no other games exist for them.

Cess007

I played the beta and the free weekend of Overwatch, and while fun, all my friends and I could think is that we could have spent all that time playing Rocket League.

I guess Rocket League is for us, what Overwatch is for you?

TOTAL ENGROSSMENT IN MULTIPLAYER GAMES.

OP, I feel your pain. I don't feel that way toward Overwatch, but the MP gamers in this thread would be lying if they tried to tell us that no game ever filled the same space for them that Overwatch fills for you.

Under other circumstances, I'd be putting like an hour or two a day into a phenomenal game like Prey. Or I'd be grinding out content in Mario Kart 8D. Or I'd go and beat one of the thirty games I own for PS4 and Xbox One that I haven't beaten. Or I'd go and beat one of the several hundred games I have access to on PC that I haven't beaten.

Instead? I turn on Battlegrounds and play that instead

Shit, I'll be working on something, thinking to myself, "Boy, I'm in the mood to play Prey... Alright, fuck it, I'm gonna start up Prey when I'm done doing thing"

but invariably

my cursor drifts over to PUBG instead

opricnik

Banned
I played the beta and the free weekend of Overwatch, and while fun, all my friends and I could think is that we could have spent all that time playing Rocket League.

I guess Rocket League is for us, what Overwatch is for you?
I suppose. I tried rocket while fun game when you dont have friends to play daily it flat outs unlike ow you can solo queue and play just fine

My Ps4 has tons of games on it. Nobody in the house uses it for anything but Overwatch. All other games played are on Switch and everyone wants it there. 😂

Well the occasional VR

Anne

I wouldn't use the phrase "sick of other games," but that kinda thing is pretty common in people that get into multiplayer games on a long term basis. Whatever multiplayer thing they are into is kind of the default way they spend time playing games, and then they have to take time out of that to get to other stuff. Dunno why, just been watching it happen with myself and others for over a decade.

Kapow

I definitely went through this with League of Legends and the souls games. I think it's just you get so much satisfaction out of a game and it's hard to switch games when you don't get that same immediate feeling.

opricnik

Banned
I definitely went through this with League of Legends and the souls games. I think it's just you get so much satisfaction out of a game and it's hard to switch games when you don't get that same immediate feeling.
This might be it. Satisfaction yeah i get good amount of that i think without realizing it. Also i wonder if Blizzard made this witchcraft game on purpose to be addicted or its just good crafted game

Anne

Also i wonder if Blizzard made this witchcraft game on purpose to be addicted or its just good crafted game

It's a bit of both. Overwatch is a pretty good game, but there are some pretty heinous hooks in there to keep people playing.

Cess007

I suppose. I tried rocket while fun game when you dont have friends to play daily it flat outs unlike ow you can solo queue and play just fine

Yeah, for RL friends are a must. Without my mates to play daily, I don't think I would still be playing it.

The Hermit

i felt the same after Zelda. I had a gaming hiatus of 2 weeks afterwards.

I am playing Nier Automata now and, to be honest, while the gameplay is ok/good ( it feels like a poor´s man Bayoneta), the story is lacking so far ( in the middle of the second playtrough, so it could change). I am still engaged and curious enough to play though and I am having fun, just not mind blown and to be honest I am ok with that.

Spec Ops: The Line, on the other hand, ruined most of the games that I played shortly afterwards that involved shooting/killing humans like Uncharted and especially Bioshock: Infinite. It rendered them pointless, but it was mostly because of how the former deconstructed the way I see those kind of games.

It happens sometimes, but there are so many games that I don't feel bad at all.

Try doing other things like reading an interesting book or watch a show.
If you are constantly having huge amounts of endorphin and adrenaline pumped, its hard that anything you do will feel satisfying.

TissueBox

Ah yes, the bittersweet games-ruining game, where nothing else really scratches the same itch or lives up to the same satisfaction obtained from the One after latching on to it.... unfortunately, it's the kind of thing that doesn't really rub off until the luster gives way or another game contests it in all the right areas.

Top Bottom