• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i bought a vita

teezzy

Banned
After well over a decade of loving my PSP, I finally caved and bought a Vita. Got a black 2.0 model without the OLED screen. Sue me.

Only problem is, now I cant stop playing my New 3DS XL instead... funny how life works like that. maybe i'm [redacted]

I'm gonna have to figure out what Vita games don't stink. Maybe I'll just play Advance Wars Dual Strike until then.

Hope you all are having an awesome weekend so far. Mine is cold and rainy. Snuggling up with muh games.

20210925_104314.jpg

IFireflyl

Gold Member
i dont know how to read. where is it

If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably this one:

Raekwon26

i dont know how to read. where is it

If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably this one:

It is that one.

There is a better one on Resetera.

teezzy

Banned
This is the Vita I bought by the way, and the case I bought for it. Didn't mean to make this such a bait and switch thread. Sorry Sony GAF

The fact that the dude maintained all the packaging and the seller was in the same state as me was a huge incentive to grabbing this one. Vita prices been wild lately tbh

w3rdfCi.png

L4C6SIJ.png

GasTheWeebs

Banned
Same here, bought the oled version a year ago. Library sucks, I only play fighting games and Guacamelee.
3DS is way more appealing.

teezzy

Banned
Same here, bought the oled version a year ago. Library sucks, I only play fighting games and Guacamelee.
3DS is way more appealing.

I'm mostly interested in the CFW aspect. I was expecting like a Super PSP in that regard. Was sorta bummed the sticks weren't clicky for L3/R3... but whatevs

Tried Retroarch... Super Metroid seems to have clipping audio but at least Chrono Trigger is running fine... imma have to tinker around some

sublimit

Banned
What size memory card do you have OP? I have heard their prices have gone way up in the last year and they are going to be even more expensive in the future.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
What are your personal favorites?
- MGS 2/3 HD
- Little Big Planet Vita
- Uncharted Golden Abyss
- PlayStation All-Stars
- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Street Fighter X Tekken
- Dragon Quest Builders
- Rayman Origins/Legends

Most of these games have console versions, but I really loved having them in portable form.

Last edited:

TidusYuna

No OLED?
9G1QB4rKUBoZvAkyGUyYUzTL6u3tyGp5SYmCc1YTbdhFF2FcrbnVcgKvoEwExWsEKvjg53OCEUCL_6F357O45LK8jUTKJNNhWXFNSKiMci-9rjiE5Vo_rUebx3p2ZtwmbSRBKDf9gFtxRaq4Hs2-Yzmd6MVfklo
That thick black.

But really, slim actually has some advantages. It is better for modding because you don't have to have a vita memory card which is probably really expensive these days. But there are ways to get a lot of memory on the vita for very cheap now.

Exclusives must haves only found on vita:
Freedom Wars
Killzone Mercenary
Muramasa Rebrith
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Tales of Hearts R
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Unit 13

Vita games that may also be found on other platforms:
Persona 4 Golden (also available on Steam but Vita remains the only way to own P4G physically. This game is often considered THEE main reason to own a vita.)
Persona 4 Dancing All Night (Vita is the only way to own this game Physicall)
Dragon's Crown
Gravity Rush
Lost Dimension
Metal Gear Solid HD Collections (Portable Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3)
Odin Sphear Leifthraiser
Tearaway
Wipeout 2048
The Nonary Games
Zero Time Dilemma
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2

Banjo64

cumsessed
This is the Vita I bought by the way, and the case I bought for it. Didn't mean to make this such a bait and switch thread. Sorry Sony GAF

The fact that the dude maintained all the packaging and the seller was in the same state as me was a huge incentive to grabbing this one. Vita prices been wild lately tbh

w3rdfCi.png

L4C6SIJ.png
I had that Hori hard case in blue trim for my white 1000. Great case.

Ev1L AuRoN

I really want a vita for the sole purpose of playing the magnificent PSP on it. The problem is to find one in good conditions and a fair price on my region. I had one Vita 1.0 that I bought on launch, but I exchange it for a CPU for my PC, and truly I regret nothing... It was an i7 4770k that last me 5 glorious years.

ParaSeoul

Wish it actually had the support the PSP got. My 3DS ended up being more of a PSP successor to me because of the games available.

SirTerry-T

Persona 4 Golden, Dragon's Crown and TxK more than vindicated my own purchase of a Vita. Great machine with a host of great games.
Worth hacking the shit out of it though as others have previously mentioned.

Kupfer

Congratulations on getting your first Vita <3
I got 4, if you count the Vita TV as one - I absolutely love this machine.
It just feels so high quality and is almost elegant to use.

The interesting games have all been mentioned here, but

Tearaway
Gravity Rush
Uncharted
Killzone
Everybodies Golf

are absolute must-plays. I also had a lot of fun with hotline miami, the GoW Collection, The Swapper and the MGS HD Collection. If you get really bored at some point, you can unlock the true power of the console using ENSO (just search for it) and play almost everything up to the PS1 (did you know the Vita actually has a built in PSP, which you can fully unlock?), plus there are even really good ports of GTA 3, VC, SA, Bully, Half Life, Quake, Max Payne and many old PC classics.

Last edited:

GametimeUK

I'm a sucker for buying new things and then just playing stuff I already own. I buy Deathloop and suddenly have the urge to play Sonic Generations which I've owned for years and never played. Ended up finishing the game and haven't played Deathloop yet.

Vita is a cool little device. I recommend Tearaway, Uncharted, Wipeout, Killzone, Gravity Rush. It's awesome for playing indies on the small screen and I'd rather use it on my bus journeys than my Switch just for the portability. Limbo, Bastion, Guacamelee, Shovel Knight, Flower etc are all great.

I think the Vita is a stellar device. My only issue is a lot of the games can be played with much better graphics and performance on Nintendo Switch. However, if the form factor and portability are more your thing then I definitely recommend it (for multiplats).

yurinka

Buy:

-Gravity Rush
-Wipeout 2048
-Persona 4 Golden
-Velocity Ultra
-Velocity 2X (sequel of Velocity Ultra)
-Little Big Planet PS Vita (sadly they shut down recently the server, but if cheap the campaing should be nice)
-Guacamelee
-Tearaway
-Olli Olli 1 & 2
-Hotline Miami 1 & 2
-TxK
-Sound Shapes
-Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
-Luminnes Electronic Symphony
-Luftrausers
-Superstardust Delta
-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
-Street Fighter x Tekken
-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
-Muramasa Rebirth
-Killzone: Mercenary
-Dragon's Crown
-(From PS Minis) Super Crate Box
-Tons of digital PS1, PSP & Minis gems

Notice that if you bought these digital games in PSP (applies for all PSP, PS One and Minis), or digital PS3 or PS4 games that support Cross-Buy you'll have them in the library of your PSN account and will be playable on Vita at no extra cost thanks to Cross-Buy.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

After well over a decade of loving my PSP, I finally caved and bought a Vita. Got a black 2.0 model without the OLED screen. Sue me.

Only problem is, now I cant stop playing my New 3DS XL instead... funny how life works like that.
I think sometimes we just want what we don't or can't have. Doesn't mean we won't get to it eventually. I was this way with the Switch when it was impossible to find last year. Finally got one (from Best Buy of all places) then resumed the PC gaming. lol

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
- MGS 2/3 HD
- Little Big Planet Vita
- Uncharted Golden Abyss
- PlayStation All-Stars
- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
- Street Fighter X Tekken
- Dragon Quest Builders
- Rayman Origins/Legends

Most of these games have console versions, but I really loved having them in portable form.

I never realized Dragon Quest Builders and the two new(er) Rayman games made it to Vita! Excellent picks!

Also I love Tekken. Should give SFxT a whirl

Thank you, dude!

*keeps playing Advance Wars* 😅

SpiceRacz

I don't think the Vita library on it's own is great tbh. The hardware itself is amazing though and the real value is in modding it. Replaying classic stuff, especially PS1 games, on Vita is fucking

perfect-muah.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom