• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't stand the micro transactions in dmc5

JohannCK

I'm almost done with my Son of Sparda run and red orbs have never been a problem for me, plus I still have almost all all of my gold orbs (I ended up using one in my DH run and have used 2-3 on SoS).

The game is very clearly not balanced around having to buy red orbs in the slightest.

I guess it might be a problem if you're REALLY bad at the game, but decided to play on the higher difficulties for some reason...? Why aren't you just playing on normal/easy then?

I mean I'm not even that good at the game but I'm doing fine on SoS without having to spend red orbs on continues.

The red orb purchases honestly feel like a tacked-on afterthought, and a very half-assed one at that.

Last edited:

GhostOfTsu

Banned
The point is to get us more comfortable with the idea of micro transaction. More and more with every release. Clearly an unpopular opinion around here. I'm actually very surprised I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

I had so many Gold orbs I never used any until that long fight at the end. They even gave me 5 randomly because I did 4 SSS combos and every time I login. I was like eh? Thanks I guess. How many times do you die per fight? Lower the difficulty and turn on auto mode. The game gives you all the options if you are having a hard time. You are totally unreasonable with your tired outrage over meaningless mtx.

I finished the game without unlocking all my abilities and I had no issues. I'm full of orbs if I want to unlock them.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
The game is easy and rare you would even die plus
the game showers you with gold orbs, you must be really shit if you even have to think about buying orbs.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The game is easy and rare you would even die plus
the game showers you with gold orbs, you must be really shit if you even have to think about buying orbs.
I've just started on SoS, but is it really that easy on SoS and DmD? I'm not proud of it, but I got my ass handed to me on the last 2 missions in Devil Hunter. I admit that I wound up using a couple gold orbs on those. Still, I somewhat agree with you. I have over 40 gold orbs right now and there's even a video out if you want to go and farm red orbs.

TacosNSalsa

I was watching yong yea s review ...is it true that if you die enough the game offers to take you to the store to buy orbs?

Last edited:
because everything you say is a giagantic pile of shit.
tenor.gif

blackjon24

I was watching yong yea s review ...is it true that if you did enough the game offers to take you to the store to buy orbs?

If you have no more red orbs or yellow orbs (yellow orbs actually penalize you more harshly than red orbs in terms of mission ranking so the system actually discourages it) when you die yes the game can take you to the ps/xbox store mid fight if you need it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom