• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I completely tore down my OG PS4 to unsolder the broken HDMI port

Good luck putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Might take a miracle, but I just sourced a super nice Pro for AUS $200 so I'm not too fussed.

It can be my little passion product with my Dad who's had a stroke to try and get working eventually

Last edited:
And I think I went too far dismantling everything completely.

Does anyone know the best resource to put everything back together from scratch?

For this kind of thing always check ifixit. They have teardown guides for everything and they are easy to follow.

I used their guide to replace the LCD screen in my WiiU gamepad which is one of the most ridiculously complicated devices I've ever worked on with tiny ribbon cables and connectors everywhere.

Lol I just checked my online storage on the Pro and there's like 40 games worth of data there except Last Of Us 2, which was the only game I wanted to continue playing (outside of FIFA 21).

Typical. Luckily I wasn't very far in

Last edited:

_Ex_

Maybe these links can help:

Basically follow a guide in reverse.

Good luck you mad lad.

And I think I went too far dismantling everything completely.

Does anyone know the best resource to put everything back together from scratch?

I knew this is what the OP was going to say next. Or possibly "it now won't boot."

Like others have said, watch a detailed teardown video and then do everything in reverse. Best of luck!

Last edited:

SantaC

For this kind of thing always check ifixit. They have teardown guides for everything and they are easy to follow.

I used their guide to replace the LCD screen in my WiiU gamepad which is one of the most ridiculously complicated devices I've ever worked on with tiny ribbon cables and connectors everywhere.
Thats nothing when you work as a laptop repairman. I have teared countless laptops down to atoms.

Thats nothing when you work as a laptop repairman. I have teared countless laptops down to atoms.
At this point I've torn down so many devices I don't even bother taking photos, much less following a guide, I just wing it and go in blind. But to be fair working as a technician isn't exactly a common career, even among gamers.

SantaC

At this point I've torn down so many devices I don't even bother taking photos, much less following a guide, I just wing it and go in blind. But to be fair working as a technician isn't exactly a common career, even among gamers.
2nsq1VG.jpg

This is probably the easiest modell i work with.

Had to replace the mic in the Wii U Gamepad, probably never worked but I only noticed once it was out of warranty.

The insides of that thing, OMFG. I fixed the damn mic, but now the rumble rattles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom