• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I did something dumb...

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
So. I did something awesome and dumb at the same time. I've had this dream of owning a M82a1 since I was a kid. Now being a man-child with 4 years of Marine Corp training and deployments (btw lol never trained with this firearm. I thought was going to die when i first shot it.) The thing is a beast. like something built out of a different time. Its crude, bulky, awkward to move around. Best way to put it, its like having the power of a (fuck it) god. Thor or what have you. This thing was not meant for mere mortal to wield. But, damnit if it doesn't shoot like a dream. The kick is nothing more than a .308, but the fucking dust cloud from the muzzle break... its fucking nuts. Fucking glad to live in the US where I can do dumb shit like this.
image0.jpg

you may ask yourself why is this dipshit posting this here. Well, its simple really. kinda just bragging at this point. I dont know where to go from here when it comes to guns. So if you stuck around to this point, Gun gaf I ask thee what should I focus on next? Ammo? or more Guns? I own 16 guns.
kRwo13i.jpg

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I bought ammo that was 2.50 per round. Now its about 3.10.
Well if you aren't reloading already...

... in answer to your question at the end of the OP, you should get into reloading if you aren't already. 16 guns kinda necessitates that.

As a Brit that is overall glad gun ownership in Great Britain is heavily regulated, and not really anything to ever be a concern to me, please know that I am also insanely jealous and that getting to shoot one of these is a dream of mine.

When I finally get around to taking a holiday in the US, I really need to find a shooting range that will let me try something like this, a machine gun and ideally a grenade launcher.

You glorious yanky bastards, with your bloody 'freedom above all else' thing.

O.v.e.rlord

Banned
You magnificent bastard, I love it.

So, you gonna spend the money on proper glass? It's going to run you another few thousand.
I dont know what im going to put on it yet. Kinda just living in the after glow of the purchase it self. But yes. I plan on spending a lot on a proper scope for it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I wasn't aware that we had uncle dana white between gaf members.

Nice rifle bro.

Last edited:
Top Bottom