• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

I don't know about you, but I didn't ask for this

-PXG-

May 20, 2008
NJ
What the hell is this?

Because you demanded it, Sony is launching its first PlayStation Network reality show later this year, The Tester . Eleven contestants will battle for the "gamer's ultimate dream job," testing PlayStation games. These are those eleven contestants.

The cast of The Tester is, as aptly described by the PlayStation.blog, a diverse group, with gamers from 22- to 36-years-old, from clearly telegenic to not quite telegenic, all ready to tear out each other's throats for a QA job at Sony Computer Entertainment. In addition to this group, expect to get face time with game designer extraordinaire David Jaffe--one of the show's judges--and "a special celebrity judge" still to be announced.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm rooting for Blue Shirt Guy behind the couch and hope that Grinning Vest Guy is voted off immediately . And I just have this guy feeling that The Cute Enough To Be Up Front Girl (center) will be around longer than most. But I don't know from reality TV! Guess I'll have to watch...

http://m.kotaku.com/site?sid=kotakuip&pid=IphonePost.detail&section=Allpost&targetId=Kotaku-5453899

LocoMrPollock

Banned
May 3, 2009

ScrabbleDude

Dec 8, 2009
Dream job? I thought game testing was a repetitive job that didn't pay very well.

I mean, I always see places looking for game testers and they're willing to accept just about anyone. I wonder how many testers Sony is going to hire while this show is going on. :lol

Cowie

May 2, 2007
doesn't game testing end up being a really shitty job?

Next thing you know there will be a contest to be a gamestop clerk. IT'S THE ULTIMATE JOB.

Aaron49

Neo Member
Sep 21, 2009
Because reality shows aren't bad enough as is, now we need to throw in some gamers to fight over 5 hour energies and hungry man tv dinners

Jul 13, 2006
Wow....this is going to be worse than that video game competition/reality show that was on scifi a little while back.

Oh and :lol :lol :lol :lol for QA being a dream job. People are seriously misinformed at what it's like to be in QA.

Aug 24, 2009
Eh, video game testing really ain't all that great. Poor dudes who end up competing don't know what they're getting into :( Moreover, knowing how boring it is to test games, I can't imagine the show being entertaining.

Dude, look at this clipping issue.

Dude, you totally have to file a bug report with bugzilla.