• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I don't think a Forza game will come out this year.

Doesn't really make sense for there to be one. Forza Motorsport is the base and then Horizon comes out. Turn 10 did all they could on Xbox one with Forza 7. I don't see why they would release Forza 8 on it or Forza 5.

These two franchises since it's inception has been on a two year development cycle. The fact for the first time the series is taking more time to develop should be exciting news for fans. I expect Forza 8 next year and Horizon 5 in 2022. I can only imagine what they are capable of doing with an extra 2 years.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Doesn't really make sense for there to be one. Forza Motorsport is the base and then Horizon comes out. Turn 10 did all they could on Xbox one with Forza 7. Makes me no sense to release Forza 8 on it or Forza 5.

These two franchises since it's inception has been on a two year development cycle. The fact for the first time the series is taking more time to develop should be exciting news for fans. I expect Forza 8 next year and Horizon 5 in 2022. I can only imagine what they are capable of doing with an extra 2 years.

They skipped 2019. They're not going to skip 2020.

Xenon

SBSX will launch with a Forza. It's a no brainer to show off the new systems power.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Theres literally no chances Forza 8 wont get released during Series X launch. Not even close.
Also, you are miscalculating release time years. Forza 8 would have been released on 2019, they got an additional year to further improve it for next gen.
Even more, the Series X trailer included a Forza-like scene.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Isn't Playground (the Horizons team) rumored to be working on the new Fable reboot?

Just in case, Playground works on Forza Horizon. Turn 10 on Forza Motorsport.
To your question, Playground created a complete additional, separate team to work on Fable. The first one is for Horizon.

Codes 208

They teased Forza during the SX reveal, plus the known history of forza launches would suggest a new game for launch.

Top Bottom