• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I feel this image in a teaser implies Sony is getting Crash back

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
From the PS4 Launch Trailer (0.48 mark), we got this hint:

whatsthat7wd6g.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

arrow_gradient_blue_up.png

CrashBandicoot.jpg

Sony buying the rights of good old Crash?

Discuss!

(Original screencap from the trailer is from Genbatzu)

Mondy

Banned
I've been playing Crash 1 on my new Vita. It's amazing how good the OLED screen makes these ancient games look.

This better happen. Next gen Crash ftw. Also, I love that Activision is represented by a garbage bin.

Castcoder

Banned
Don't play with my heart and make sense. STOP! Clearly someone at Sony making textures for a sign didn't know Sony doesn't have all the rights to Crash Bandicoot... where did you see this?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Can't be a coincidence, not with that obviously being Crash on the sign.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You do realise that ad has countless references to various games that have appeared on PlayStation throughout the years, right? It's not a hint about a new Crash game.

Also if this meant anything, that bin tells us all we need to know...

Alienous

If I were in a high enough position at Playstation, I'd bend over backwards to get the Crash IP back to Naughty Dog for the studios 30th birthday next year.

Just for The Last of Us. They deserve the IP. Not even to make more games in the series, but so that they can feel more comfortable talking about that part of their history.

Yanikun

Banned
A reason to get a PlayStation console again after two systems I used as movie players?

That could be nice, hoping for a resurgence of high-profile quality platformers. A part of me would prefer if the franchise went to Nintendo, but they're not short on platformers so the franchise could possibly get drowned.

Balb

I've been playing Crash 1 on my new Vita. It's amazing how good the OLED screen makes these ancient games look.

This better happen. Next gen Crash ftw. Also, I love that Activision is represented by a garbage bin.

Is it playable on European Vitas or something? I tried playing the Crash games on my Vita and they weren't compatible.

Top Bottom