• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Found A Bug in My Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rembrandt

Banned
Ain't that the truth. I'd straight up go up in there and let them know what it is. OOOH! If they had a Twitter I'd blast that and I know my aunties probably go down there with me.

Swear, though. No way I would just pick it out and continue eating. Lmao, dying at the aunties. Have the whole restaurant shook.

wideface

A friend of mine found a full-sized cockroach in the lentil soup she was eating at a local chain restaurant.
A woman sitting in the table next to them also found a cockroach in the lentil soup she had ordered. Pretty cool.
My friend ended up accepting a €40 voucher (to spend on food in that restaurant) as an apology which she then gave to a friend of hers...
I would have been pissed (avatar quote).

A friend of mine found a full-sized cockroach in the lentil soup she was eating at a local chain restaurant.
A woman sitting in the table next to them also found a cockroach in the lentil soup she had ordered. Pretty cool.
My friend ended up accepting a €40 voucher (to spend on food in that restaurant) as an apology which she then gave to a friend of hers...
I would have been pissed (avatar quote).

Bur how can you keep nature out of a kitchen?!?!

It's really weird to see so many people acting like finding a cockroach in food is normal or even to be expected

"If I found a roach in my food at a restaurant I'd eat it whole and savor every single piece! How dare someone complain about bugs in food! Don't they know it makes the waiter/tress' job harder? You should tip more if you find a bug."

gosox333

We were eating at Noodles and Co and my gf found a screw in her soup

The manager nearly had a heart attack when we told them. I actually kind of felt bad for him because I could tell he expected absolute hellfire from us lol. We very politely demanded a refund and went on our way instead.

Stuff happens I guess. It's hard to get true justice on a retail level soley because whoever you're yelling at likely had no real control over what you're upset about. You just take the refund/free product and move on.

HeySeuss

"Massive franchise" + "short video" + "Can't get the number to the home office" = bullshit story trying to get a quick payday.

You suck op

MilkLizard

f8d8edc624784d0a2c773c7c2ad9270e.jpg

KrellRell

I've heard eating a bug in your food can kill you. I've also heard they can go to jail for it - life sentence, lawyer up buds.

Wouldn't they be horrible and boney.
I have a few pounds of it in my freezer. It's used for making chicken broth. Adding a nice rich flavor. There's many soups that gather flavor from great inedible ingredients and for the most part expected to be left in the bowl. Although there are ma y people who do enjoy it.

If it was in rice or beand, it was probably shipped in the grain and then cooked that way. When you're dealing with 10-20lbs of grains at once, you're not going to be inspecting it that closely. People assume what they do at home is how a restaurant kitchen functions and it's so far from the truth.

Galang

Banned
What the fuck. I just came back from a Sunrise in Toronto... I go to Sunrise in Toronto/Brampton all the time.. it's super good, but now I just feel weird. I know it's likely that nowhere is completely ever safe from these incidents, but still... appetite ruined...

Ryne

Found a small bug (tick maybe?) in a bowl of ice cream I was eating at a sushi restaurant. Returned it, and got a new one for free since I wasn't charged for the other.

I just left less of a tip that's all, it's disgusting but I don't let that ruin something for me.

if it was a spider or beetle or scorpion I would have been arrested for arson.

pa22word

Found a small bug (tick maybe?) in a bowl of ice cream I was eating at a sushi restaurant. Returned it, and got a new one for free since I wasn't charged for the other.

I just left less of a tip that's all, it's disgusting but I don't let that ruin something for me.

if it was a spider or beetle or scorpion I would have been arrested for arson.

Less of a tip is kind of assholeish because it was hardly the waiter's fault the kitchen boned your icecream up.

As someone who worked in a kitchen before...some of you just gotta realize that shit does indeed happen, and no matter how well you clean bugs are everywhere. Especially right at the start of fall when the temps start to drop and the bugs are running into buildings to escape the cold. Now if the restaurant refuses to comp your dish or tries to play it off that's bullshit, but they comp'd it and gave you a free replacement. At the end of the day shit happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, no one's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom