• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Found A Bug in My Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday My girlfriend ans I got some Jamaican food from Sunrise (A massive franchise chain in Toronto) and there was a giant dead green cockroach/beetle among her rice grain. We took pictures and a short video. Ive called the store and they have given me the run around. I cant get a hold of a manager or the number for head office. Ive called yestersay and today several times.

What should I do? Is there any legal actipn I should take or go directly to the healtg board?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Legal action? Like you want a pay day out of this? Ridiculous.

Besides going to the health board, you can also try your local news.

edit: How are you not posting pictures of said 'giant' bug?

Yesterday My girlfriend ans I got some Jamaican food from Sunrise (A massive franchise chain in Toronto) and there was a giant dead green cockroach/beetle among her rice grain. We took pictures and a short video. Ive called the store and they have given me the run around. I cant get a hold of a manager or the number for head office. Ive called yestersay and today several times.

What should I do? Is there any legal actipn I should take or go directly to the healtg board?

shit happens, move on. You aren't going to die

Complain, if nothing ... don't eat there anymore.

Generally you can get a free meal out of incidents like this. It happens in life. Such a waste of time to do anything other than what you have.

zethren

Banned
Legal action lol....

It's disgusting, and I suggest you don't go there anymore, but I'm sure you guys will be just fine.

Report to health board.

Get a refund.

That's pretty much all you can do. Legal action? not unless you can prove they put it in there intentionally or something. You may be overreacting a little.

Enjoy the extra mix-in. I haven't made cricket chili in foreverrr, now I'm hungry 😔

But seriously OP you sound like a lunatic. What do you expect to get out of this? You're the worst kind of customer. Maybe now that you've complained they'll stop intentionally sneaking beetles into people's food? I guess? It's not like you found a finger or glass, or even that they gave a vegetarian some meat by mistake. Absolute at best you'll get a free bonus meal just so you stop bothering everyone, but I don't know if that's worth calling them like a crazed stalker.

I had a bug hit my face when I was cycling the other day. These fuckers need to be taken down a peg.
I mean it was made into food

muu

If it's a big chain contact them via twitter with the pictures for all to see. If damage control doesn't occur in minutes I will be surprised.

Was this discovered at the restaurant? Was it takeaway, discovered after the fact? Where are the pictures and video?

Are you really contemplating litigious action for this?

Slaythe

He could have asked for a free meal or for them to pay back.

But legal action, lmao.

Time to cross the frontier dude.

commedieu

Banned
I'm not an expert..but from the tone of your post its pretty clear you might have ptsd from that curry rice.

Get checked at the doctor first. So you can start the paper trail of damages. Then I'd talk to a lawyer. Pm me as I know a few. There's just a small finders fee I'll cut you a good rate on, considering the circumstances.

They are ignoring you because they know the wAve of deep shit coming their way.

Frivolous lawsuits don't fly in Canada. You should at least get a free meal out of it.

Also, I have never even heard of Sunrise.

please tell me you paid for your meal and left without saying anything before waiting a day to post this thread. I need to know the extent of how badly you handled this situation.

Foov

I would say you shouldn't have to pay for your meal. And you probably don't want to go back there if they offered you a subsequent free one as well...

You can report them to a health inspector as others have suggested.

But if you're thinking of claiming "pain and suffering" or something like that... that's silly.

You know you've ingested a shitload of cockroach meat in your lifetime right? Don't make a big deal about it, it's like everytime someone finds a bug in their food they think they've won the fucking lottery or something.

Better stay away from the chocolate from now on.

TalonJH

We need pictures.

Anyway, get a refund, report them to the Health Board, maybe leave a bad Yelp review and never eat there again.

mu7pnc.gif

You need to chill, dude. It's a bug. They get into food any and everywhere you eat, at some point or another. It's literally the sole focus of their existence.

Mupod

I've been to one of those once. It was dead empty and they seemed surprised that someone actually came in. It was pretty mediocre and small portions compared to what you usually get around here (brampton). But at least I didn't get any bugs. Or any that I noticed, at least.

balohna

Could be a sanitary issue at that location. I say report it but don't expect any free stuff or money.

Really gross though IMO, I'd throw away the food and never eat there again. Like, yeah bugs are around but for a large bug to get cooked into food? Sounds like they're taking up residence throughout the kitchen there.

LifEndz

Legal action is your right, but what are your damages? Did you or your gf get ill afterwards? Did you go to a hospital and get checked out? Can you substantiate that? With most legal actions you have to show some sort of damage as a result of the complained of action.

And believe it or not, the FDA allows a certain amount of pretty disgusting stuff in your food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom