• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a digital camera in the woods [56k nope]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motch

Last week I drove to a nearby town. The town is surrounded by tall hills and mountains, and you can have a very pleasant hike down any of the numerous trails there. Anyway, I was climbing one trail and enjoying the good weather when I saw what looked like a silver box. When I approached, I saw it was a digital camera!

It's a 3.3 mpixel powershot S20! Slightly scuffed, but otherwise fine. It rained the next day, so I was really lucky to get there when I did. When I got home, I also saw it had a 300 mb hard drive inside! This is like a 300 dollar value folks, I pity the fool who dropped it so carelessly. Anyway, just wanted to share. It also had some nice pictures on it, and I'm putting those up in this thread, hence the photos tag. I don't have my own hosting, so I resized these and compressed them to avoid straining good ol' image shack.

pshot01.jpg

pshot02.jpg

pshot03.jpg

pshot04.jpg

pshot05.jpg

pshot06.jpg

pshot07.jpg

pshot08.jpg

pshot09.jpg

pshot10.jpg

pshot11.jpg

pshot12.jpg

pshot13.jpg

pshot15.jpg

pshot16.jpg

pshot17.jpg

pshot18.jpg

pshot19.jpg

pshot20.jpg

Akira

I feel bad for the guy, especially after taking those nice pictures and then losing his camera. You should've left it alone. :\

Nikashi

Banned
Nice camera, but turn it into the cops. If no one actually goes to get it, you get to keep it anyways, and if they do get it, well, it was theirs to begin with :)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
so it would have been left exposed to the weather? I'd say he may never find the owner, but if he does, I'm sure the owner would be appreciative it took a while longer rather than to find his camera destroyed.

nitewulf

pshot11.jpg

area: evil woods
weapon: spiritsbane
armour: dragonbone modified w/ resist paralysis
*attacked by slime level 3*
*killed*

edit: on a more serious note, there are some nice atmospheric shots in here. hell, you couldnt have left the camera there either, what would be the point of that. good catch, i guess.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Pretty awesome pics, but I'd feel kinda guilty taking the camera, even if the owner did lose it and will never find it again

nitewulf

trippingmartian said:
pshot18.jpg

^WTF IS THAT!?!?!

well, probably a group friends planned to take some creepy pictures, one of em posed. in another shot "through the doorway" you could see the reflection of a person on the glass. these were planned pictures.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is either a clever and very cool hoax on someone's part, or some freaky ass shit. Either way, I like it.

Heh,
pshot25.jpg

Dan

I want to know what location that is. I'm buying a $6-10k DVCAM soon and would love to shoot there. Freakin' awesome location.

Dan

Haha, check out the skull to the right of center. Whoever did these is awesome.
pshot32.jpg

Inarius

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
I think you should really try and find the guy who did these and give him back his camera. He and his friends are awesome. These creepy as shots are priceless. Yeah....so give it back and find out where his website is/invite him to gaf.

nitewulf

GMUNYIFan said:
I think you should really try and find the guy who did these and give him back his camera. He and his friends are awesome. These creepy as shots are priceless. Yeah....so give it back and find out where his website is/invite him to gaf.

he didnt find the camera dude, its a hoax. the whole "finding in the woods" gives it a blairwitch feeling.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
whoever originally did this is REALLY awesome.

those monkey things kinda look like the lemings in the mars volta video.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
nitewulf said:
he didnt find the camera dude, its a hoax. the whole "finding in the woods" gives it a blairwitch feeling.

What a really stupid hoax. Really good pics, but really stupid hoax.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
You think it's some sort of new, Blair Witch style promotional campaign? Or just some guys having a laugh?

Mama Smurf said:
You think it's some sort of new, Blair Witch style promotional campaign? Or just some guys having a laugh?
A guy created the original thread at SA, and it was a pretty big hit so people started copying it to see what other reactions they could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom