• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a vagina in Watch Dogs 2 and Sony suspended me (Update: Ban lifted)

SomTervo

Fully rendered dicks in GTA and pussy in Watch_Dogs.

Truly a new age for gaming.

This is how I feel about it.

FYI Watch Dogs 2 also has full frontal penises. There's a link in OP's twitter thread that's of a naked guy having a leak in an alley and then strutting around, realistic dong fully out.

Kinyou

Are the people outraged because it's hairy?

Come on.

0C1ZVDH.gif

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Shouldn't have shared using the built in share function where it would be seen on the Playstation interface. Still strange this didn't blow up yet

Kayhan

The game is rated M for Mature isn't it?

So in that sense the vaginas are OK.

Obviously not OK to ban OP for that, Sony.

Buzzman

Banned
Well, you clearly broke the rules so I don't have a problem with Sony suspending your account.

Ubisoft might be in trouble with Sony or the ESRB for letting this slip through but that seems tangential to the whole issue.

No this is on Sony. They're gonna sell a game on their store that breaks their rules if you share images of it? That's utterly ridiculous.

Shikoba

Meh, I think it's great. People need to stop freaking out over the naked human body. And since the game is marked for having such content I see no foul play involved.

Sorry to hear you got banned though.

PillarEN

Oh hey it really was there.

Lewd

I don't see why the vagina is a big deal, ther have been a few games that show dick, outlast comes to mind. Hell in outlast dlc you see
a headless man with his dick cut off in delivery position delivering his own head out of his ass. The last hour of whitleblower is a guy trying to cut off your dick

Lol. That's hilarious.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
On the bright side it's only a week ban and not a perma, still, Sony is allowing the game to be sold on their system.

Hmmmm I wonder if they'll re-rate the game as AO because of this? I mean this is straight in the game... not like a hot coffee situation where this is buried in the code....

MazeHaze

Banned
I don't see why the vagina is a big deal, ther have been a few games that show dick, outlast comes to mind. Hell in outlast dlc you see
a headless man with his dick cut off in delivery position delivering his own head out of his ass. The last hour of whitleblower is a guy trying to cut off your dick

test_account

XP-39C²
How could Sony ban you from sharing on Twitter? Those services should be completely seperated as far as i know (i know that you can share directly on Twitter from PS4, but still, you're not sharing on PSN).

Rellik

Hmmmm I wonder if they'll re-rate the game as AO because of this? I mean this is straight in the game... not like a hot coffee situation where this is buried in the code....

It's already noted in the rating for the game and its hardly the first game to have full frontal nudity.

If this is in the game it's dumb to ban OP for it.

Of course then there's the whole conversation about society and how it's dumb to treat stuff like this as ungodly but be perfectly fine with gore and all that but yeah.

Watch_Cats.

TissueBox

Barbie/ken-doll bodies are so last fen folks c'mon!!

Seriously though, I understand if people are offended by the implications of 'indecent exposure' in games but hey as long as it knows it's an adult-targeting game and handles it properly, then what its assets emulate are fine in my book, there is a difference between nude and lewd. Question is if Ubisoft actually authorized this or it was some stray dev. (Actually the chance this was not unanimously planned could go either way.) Also, ESRB didn't catch this??

Anyhow, sucks for you OP!! Thankfully the suspension's only a week but it's still a week...the fact that Sony tracked you down from an online post does sound a wee boorish but, well, it's touchy, this kinda thing..!!

Top Bottom