• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found a vagina in Watch Dogs 2 and Sony suspended me (Update: Ban lifted)

Ashtar

Can't+Ban+the+Snowman.jpg

WE byke, release the dicks!

Update:
I think we may have..won? I've got this support email backpeddling the bans but of course never admitting fault. Have Sony ever conceded a ban before? Also something must have hit a nerve because I never filed a support ticket but they're the ones contacting me.

I would also like to point out the suspensions were very real and I couldn't sign in to my account.

Great victory for all the vegetarians!

Your screenshot can still be seen by EVERYONE on PSN in the Live from Playstation section, is actually a top trending screenshot.

And it was uploaded by Efsak, that i supose it was you, and thats why you got suspended twice, as probably 2 mods saw it and took action on the account of the uploader. Strange thing is Sony dont have deleted it from the feed.

g5sanrv.jpg

Good thing your bans got lifted. But if i was you i would delete that screenshot from twitter. Because otherwise it will be remaining in the Live From Playstation trending screens, and your risk that another mod see it and ban ur account again.

Edit: The screen is now gone from the Live From Playstation section.

oh lawd I can't stop laughing at that feed.

glad op got unsuspended.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So since the ban is lifted, will Ubi not patch the patch anymore?

The e-mail warns to refrain from uploading similar content in the future, so I imagine Ubi will still push ahead with the patch so as to prevent other players from falling victim to the policy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Penis okay. Vagina bad.

Congratulations on the win! Hero we deserve.

Zambatoh

Ugh, this is so annoying. Sony's idea of vulgarity is so narrow that if they actually included general violence and gratuitous amounts of blood and gore into their definition, just about everyone who has ever touched the share button could face a ban.
They really did not think this through, just like how they did not think the Vita through and blame the consumers for it.

Glad the ban got overturned, but I hope that Sony addresses this problem down the road.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but people shouldn't get into trouble for posting in-game content to Twitter.

(Yes, I realize that content posted to Twitter also shows up on PSN, but that wasn't the user's intention and needs to be clarified somehow.)

I'd love to think this would trigger a conversation about what if any limitations should be in the share feature, but I know better than that. SEX BAD! As far as I'm concerned, if it's ESRB'd and you can press the button you should be able to post it, and it's Sony's own damn fault if they want to make fools of themselves about it.
They really did not think this through, just like how they did not think the Vita through and blame the consumers for it.
You're comparing a shitty decision by a community manager about a screenshot to the corporate handling of the Vita? Okay.

I don't think they're removing all female nude models, just on that particular NPC. i assume the nudists will stay. Eurogamer should probably mention that before it blows up into something larger and uglier.

I'm glad op is unbanned but sony needs to explain their policy. If I was live streaming wd2 and stumbled upon this vag would I be banned? My point is they shouldn't ban people for content in games they approved. If ubi didn't disclose this that's between them and ubi.

Tovarisc

Glad the ban got overturned, but I hope that Sony addresses this problem down the road.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but people shouldn't get into trouble for posting in-game content to Twitter.

(Yes, I realize that content posted to Twitter also shows up on PSN, but that wasn't the user's intention and needs to be clarified somehow.)

Logical solution would be that system auto-tags content from M rated games as Mature shared content. Then every user would have options to choose if they want view M rated content on their feeds. Leaving content tagging to user would enable abuse and trolling.

What is bad about that particular instance?
I don't think it's bad but there is obviously a difference between random clothed NPCs having vag on display vs nudists who are more "intentional".

I think Ubi must think it's an error or something that slipped through too, seeing as they did intentionally include many nude NPCs.

TissueBox

Well this story just keeps on sailin'..!! *lifts sanctioning pizza*

In any case congrats op, appears that with enough words one will be heard! Talk about whiplash though.

Zambatoh

I'd love to think this would trigger a conversation about what if any limitations should be in the share feature, but I know better than that. SEX BAD! As far as I'm concerned, if it's ESRB'd and you can press the button you should be able to post it, and it's Sony's own damn fault if they want to make fools of themselves about it.
You're comparing a shitty decision by a community manager about a screenshot to the corporate handling of the Vita? Okay.

I'm referring to Sony's handling and policies more then the actual Vita itself. Though the actual design of it does correlate to their overall handling as well.

I suppose I won't be banned if I post a screenshot from Battlefield 1 of a soldier's charred corpse, but a vagina! Good lord above think of the children.

Logical solution would be that system auto-tags content from M rated games as Mature shared content. Then every user would have options to choose if they want view M rated content on their feeds. Leaving content tagging to user would enable abuse and trolling.

I feel like this could work if the M rating wasn't so broad. When more than half of major big-budget releases are rated Mature, everyone would have to either keep the setting checked or miss out on a very large percentage of what people post.

LOLDSFAN

Update:
I think we may have..won? I've got this support email backpeddling the bans but of course never admitting fault. Have Sony ever conceded a ban before? Also something must have hit a nerve because I never filed a support ticket but they're the ones contacting me.

I would also like to point out the suspensions were very real and I couldn't sign in to my account.

Glad to see a happy ending.

Vinc

So according to Sony we can't share game footage with swear words? I'll just stop using the damn feature to be safe. Sigh.

So according to Sony we can't share game footage with swear words? I'll just stop using the damn feature to be safe. Sigh.

That's my takeaway. It feels like you are gambling your account by using the share button if they are going to arbitrarily ban people over it.

Apath

I don't think it's bad but there is obviously a difference between random clothed NPCs having vag on display vs nudists who are more "intentional".

I think Ubi must think it's an error or something that slipped through too, seeing as they did intentionally include many nude NPCs.
Doesn't Farcry 4 have random clothed male NPCs with exposed penises?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I feel like there's more things to be done from this incident, like Sony should consider amending their share feature to prevent this from happening again. Add an age gate to Mature titles when sharing it on twitter, determine a better punishment for such incident etc.

It shit that the game's going to get a censor patch regardless as I think Ubisoft wouldn't want to risk any more issue from the sensitive gamers. game studios will take this as a warning and be less open towards showing it off in M titles (but penis and extremely violence are totally fine)

Update:

Good. Now they should toss $10 into your wallet for the hassle. They sure folded fast once this started getting out.

III-V

I feel like there's more things to be done from this incident, like Sony should consider amending their share feature to prevent this from happening again. Add an age gate to Mature titles when sharing it on twitter, determine a better punishment for such incident etc.

It shit that the game's going to get a censor patch regardless as I think Ubisoft wouldn't want to risk any more issue from the sensitive gamers. game studios will take this as a warning and be less open towards showing it off in M titles (but penis and extremely violence are totally fine)

The only problem with an in-game vagina, that I can imagine, is that we may not want children seeing that, or possibly for genetalia to just 'pop up' during random image browsing.

I don't think its fair to categorize gamers as being sensitive to genetalia... we all have them, and there is nothing explicit or obscene in what has been shown. There is nothing much masterbatory or lurid in those screenshots... just nudity.

Varg

Banned
I suppose I won't be banned if I post a screenshot from Battlefield 1 of a soldier's charred corpse, but a vagina! Good lord above think of the children.

Can you blame them though? The younger generation loves to play the victim these days and is offended by anything and everything . Sony just protecting their back from lawsuits.

synce

1 month now? lol The most surprising thing is this is coming from Europe, where supposedly nudity isn't as big a deal as the US.

Edit: Just noticed the updated title. Well at least they came to their senses that this is terrible publicity

Top Bottom