• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I got an RTX 3080 but I am now having frametime issues in Warzone that I did not have with my 1080.

Rbk_3

Ignore the large spikes, those are from entering the menu. I was lucky enough to get ahold of an RTX 3080, but I am having issues with frametimes in Warzone. I have pretty much a constant 125 locked FPS but the frame time constantly fluctuates between 6ms and 12ms and it is super noticeable.

I had a 1080 before and it played much smoother at 90 fps and I had no noticeable issues. Locking with RTSS or NVCP makes it smoother until there is a blip and it causes larger spikes upwards of 50ms so that isn't an option. I tried a fresh Windows install, updated my bios but that didn't work. Any ideas? I am uploading a 5 min clip with the live statistics.

87ZoAzq.png

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Question 1: How many more 3080's do you have.
Question 2: Where and when did you get yours.
Question 3: Since Modern Warfare is buggin, can I have your 3080?

Edit:
Answer my questions...but it's probably just need driver updates. It could be your Nvidia Control Panel settings. maybe a new card calls for adjustments.

Last edited:

Chiggs

Let’s see...off the top of my head, from worst case to best case:
  • PSU problem
  • RAM problem
  • PCI-E bandwidth issue
  • Driver problems that Nvidia will have to sort out later on
  • Nvidia profile issue
  • Game setting issue (system config or similar file)

Last edited:

nkarafo

Frame time issues are always a game or driver configuration issue. Stop re-installing Windows every time something like this pops up.

When you changed the video card the game configuration file probably got reset. Same with the Nvidia driver config. I assume you did a fresh driver install using DDU. So check your configs, play with the Vsync settings, change the Nvidia power profile for this particular game to maximum performance (it helps sometimes), play with the refresh rate settings, frame times are very sensitive to this kind of thing.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Welcome to new-video card drivers. Expect this for the first 2-3 months at least. Early adopters always end up being beta testers, it’s the nature of the market. Oh, just be glad you don’t have AMD working on your driver problems, at least Nvidia will get their shit figured out.

Last edited:
The only people who buy launch cards are scalpers....you are better off waiting 4 months as you not only get driver updates you can also get a better deal on pricing

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Wait for more mature drivers, every early adopeter is going to suffer.

SantaC

Welcome to new-video card drivers. Expect this for the first 2-3 months at least. Early adopters always end up being beta testers, it’s the nature of the market. Oh, just be glad you don’t have AMD working on your driver problems, at least Nvidia will get their shit figured out.
Funny how there is always an exuse for nvidia.

Last edited:
Looks like that there 3080 is 10 gigs short of the real 3080 coming out later down the line. That's just the stand in card. Nvidia done swindled you.

Send it to me for further testing. No you can't have it back.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Did you do a fresh install after installing your 3080? Did you connect 2 pcie cables to your gpu, not daisy-chain it? Did you try any other games?

thief183

Totally a driver issue, I got the Asus Tuf and havr no problemi at all, I also used a single power cable to power It.

GHG

Gold Member
Rbk_3 Rbk_3 what's your CPU?

Better yet, list you full system specs including your PSU.

Usually if you're getting results like that after upgraded your GPU to something more powerful it's a result of something else in your system failing to keep up.

Also, tip, you should have posted this in the 30 series thread half the responses in this thread are troll responses from salty console kids.

Last edited:

Senua

Rbk_3 Rbk_3
Also, tip, you should have posted this in the 30 series thread half the responses in this thread are troll responses from salty console kids.
They make up half the forum so not even sure you'd escape them there 🤭

Last edited:
Rbk_3 Rbk_3 what's your CPU?

Better yet, list you full system specs including your PSU.

Usually if you're getting results like that after upgraded your GPU to something more powerful it's a result of something else in your system failing to keep up.

Sounds like a power supply issue where its just being over drawn and causing his system to slow down when a huge draw hits it. Could be wrong..but shit I had that issue before when I got my 2080 Super...I bought a new 750w power supply for it but got so excited about it I didn't even install the new PSU. Had a 550w in there and was sitting there pissed at the fact that games I was already running at high frames were tanking every time the 2080 Super would start to run its fan at higher speeds...swapped out the power supply and its been smooth as butter ever since

Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
Sounds like a power supply issue where its just being over drawn and causing his system to slow down when a huge draw hits it. Could be wrong..but shit I had that issue before when I got my 2080 Super...I bought a new 750w power supply for it but got so excited about it I didn't even install the new PSU. Had a 550w in there and was sitting there pissed at the fact that games I was already running at high frames were tanking every time the 2080 Super would start to run its fan at higher speeds...swapped out the power supply and its been smooth as butter ever since

Yeh PSU issues or a CPU bottleneck (depends on what resolution he's gaming at) would be my guesses.

A jump from 90fps to 125fps when going from a 1080 to a 3080 also doesn't sound right, the jump should be more substantial than that.

carlosrox

Banned

Or I own and love my PC (when it works as it should) but find it annoying and disingenuous as fuck when PC fanboys try to downplay legitimate reasons they have many issues.

PC issues can be fucking maddening, and they can occur often.

As long as we can all admit PCs have the potential to be great but are fucking infuriating when they don't work then we're good.

Juss keepin' it real.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Or I own and love my PC (when it works as it should) but find it annoying and disingenuous as fuck when PC fanboys try to downplay legitimate reasons they have many issues.

PC issues can be fucking maddening, and they can occur often.

As long as we can all admit PCs have the potential to be great but are fucking infuriating when they don't work then we're good.

Yeh and the best time and place to do so is when someone has created at troubleshooting thread asking for help right?

Coming into a thread like this to say nothing other than "PC gaming hard, console gaming good" definitely helps the OP.

So yeh, go cry somewhere else. Make a new thread about it if you feel so strongly about it, at least then you can then circle jerk without it derailing someone else's thread.

INC

Well I don't think its a driver issue, been watching loads of "youtubers" (I know I know) using the 3080

They have zero issues or haven't mentioned it, but their frames are through the roof at 1440p

So sounds more like its something your end, otherwise it would be more wode spread

Are you sure that your ingame settings havent changed, after I updated drivers my jngane settings had all been put to high and ultra

Could be something to do with tha
Or its you cpu bottlenecking or psu issue

As others have said what ya full specs?

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Yeh and the best time and place to do so is when someone has created at troubleshooting thread asking for help right?

Twas the perfect place.

PC fanboys shit up all kinds of threads, I don't feel too bad about it.

Looks like he's gotten more than enough helpful replies. Wish I got some replies when I posted my issues in the Warzone thread instead of fucking crickets.

And there was 1 other post beside mine with a joke comment. Hardly the "half the thread" claim you made.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
The only people who buy launch cards are scalpers....you are better off waiting 4 months as you not only get driver updates you can also get a better deal on pricing

Yeah wait for 4 months because only idiots want to play Cyberpunk with a new 3080. /sarcasm. It's probably drivers you lucky bastard. Quit bitching and enjoy the fact that you scored one.

GHG

Gold Member
Twas the perfect place.

PC fanboys shit up all kinds of threads, I don't feel too bad about it.

Looks like he's gotten more than enough helpful replies. Wish I got some replies when I posted my issues in the Warzone thread instead of fucking crickets.

Much like PC gonna PC, crickets gonna cricket.

SCB3

• PSU problem
  • RAM problem
  • PCI-E bandwidth issue
  • Nvidia profile issue

And people wonder why most games prefer consoles (for what its worth, I for some reason enjoy getting stuff to work right on PC, Avengers for example was giving me weird Resolution issues that I fixed, the only game I've never fully been able to sort out was The Divison 2)

Last edited:

Rbk_3

• PSU problem
  • RAM problem
  • PCI-E bandwidth issue
  • Nvidia profile issue

it is onlyWarzo
List your specs if possible and did you update the drivers to the latest version?

9900KS OC to 5.1. I tried removing the OC
Gigabyte Auorus Elite Z39
GIGABYTE Gaming OC 3080
Just bought new ram yesterday to try and fix it. 32GB Gskill Trident Z 3600
Corsair RMx 850

Latest drivers are the only ones that work with new cards

Rbk_3

Well I don't think its a driver issue, been watching loads of "youtubers" (I know I know) using the 3080

They have zero issues or haven't mentioned it, but their frames are through the roof at 1440p

So sounds more like its something your end, otherwise it would be more wode spread

Are you sure that your ingame settings havent changed, after I updated drivers my jngane settings had all been put to high and ultra

Could be something to do with tha
Or its you cpu bottlenecking or psu issue

As others have said what ya full specs?
See specs above, 9900KS so it won’t be CPU bottleneck. A couple thers on Reddit reporting the issues, one of which has AMD. I have played around with all the settings, even everything low. It worked absolutely fine with my 2080S and then my 1080.

Last edited:
PC gaming.

So you bought the hottest new shit, and even though you're getting 120+fps, frametime fluctuates enough that you have to tinker instead of play

it doesn't matter what title you just downloaded, you're all playing the same gpu tools

i guess it's like car guys...spend all your time tinkering and talking specs, but you have to do wierd rituals while driving just to keep the engine going...when you finally get everything running, you still might explode on your way to 7/11 to get cigarettes

vypermajik

Ignore the large spikes, those are from entering the menu. I was lucky enough to get ahold of an RTX 3080, but I am having issues with frametimes in Warzone. I have pretty much a constant 125 locked FPS but the frame time constantly fluctuates between 6ms and 12ms and it is super noticeable.

I had a 1080 before and it played much smoother at 90 fps and I had no noticeable issues. Locking with RTSS or NVCP makes it smoother until there is a blip and it causes larger spikes upwards of 50ms so that isn't an option. I tried a fresh Windows install, updated my bios but that didn't work. Any ideas? I am uploading a 5 min clip with the live statistics.

87ZoAzq.png
Is op for real? LOL

INC

See specs above, 9900KS so it won’t be CPU bottleneck. A couple thers on Reddit reporting the issues, one of which has AMD. I have played around with all the settings, even everything low. It worked absolutely fine with my 2080S and then my 1080.

Yeh i played last night no issue

3700x and 2080s

waylo

Banned
The console children in here...

Because yes, every console made has always been perfect and never, ever, had any sort of issue whatsoever.

FOH.

Top Bottom