• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I guess it's time we cleared the air regarding Thor 2.

Thor 2: The Dark World?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd put BvS lower than Thor 2 because Thor 2 from start to finish at least has a somewhat cohesive story. And it doesn't have multiple scenes foreshadowing Avengers 2 jammed into the movie that don't have any place in the movie itself (unlike BvS which has multiple Justice League scenes crammed in screwing up the pacing of the movie). I also don't remember Thor 2 getting as insultingly stupid as BvS

It's....ok. The ending battle sequence is fun but the entire Dark Elf plot is just nonsensical and both Malekeith the character and Christopher Eccelston the actor were wasted.

Except for the fact that you get bored of the race and the car, and well everything all together and hope out 30 seconds in because you realize it's pointless and you're not fooling anyone

gotta love the hyperbole. you guys can admit once in a while that Marvel movies aren't all that great (or garbage in Thor's case) textbook example of shoving jokes and gags were none were needed. bad acting, boring action (BOOOOORING)
BvS has the great action, the premise is interesting and at least has decent dialogue.
can you honestly say the same about Thor 2?

Personally I find incoherent editing and the betrayal of the core principles of characters more problematic than any of the stuff you mentioned.

the editing maybe, but if you think the core principals of the characters were betrayed then you don't know these characters as well as you thought.

Ahasverus

People here charging against Mandrake instead of accepting Thor 2 is not a valuable movie. Against LIONEL MANDRAKE. I can't.

gotta love the hyperbole. you guys can admit once in a while that Marvel movies aren't all that great (or garbage in Thor's case) textbook example of shoving jokes and gags were none were needed. bad acting, boring action (BOOOOORING)
BvS has the great action, the premise is interesting and at least has decent dialogue.

the editing maybe, but if you think the core principals of the characters were betrayed then you don't know these characters as well as you thought.
...I was saying that about Thor 2 lmao....

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't seen Thor 2, but I saw Thor 1, and Thor 1 was terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. Every time I hear people talk about Thor like it was somehow ungarbage and then proceed to talk about how bad Thor 2 is, I get a sort of primal fear deep down inside me over how bad this movie actually might be.

All i know is i fell asleep in the theater somewhere in the movie, only to give the stranger next to me a chuckle when i violently woke up during some heavy explosions on screen.

But honestly, superhero fatigue already set in for me about four years ago.It's really gotten to the point that i have this pavlov-response where i immediately start yawning once the marvel-logo pops up in the intro.

I really think they are all the friggin' same, and have started to despise all these comic-nerds that honestly try to pretend there is some superdeep superinteresting meta-universe going on where all these guys live in. All stories are flat as a pancake, seriously. Just writing about it, makes me angry again :/

The worst part is that these movies get an auto +2 points on IMDB. It annoys the shit out of me, because no other genre on IMDB has such a crazy inflation. The same way that i know i have to automatically add a point to an imdb-score when it comes to a horror or a comedy, i know superhero movies need an auto-deduction of 2 points from their score to reflect their real quality.

I'll say this. Deadpool was great. Mr.Antsypants-or-what-was-his-name (the one with Rudd) was nice. Galaxy-something: also nice. All the ones with an exentric twist then, i guess.

But i watched Capt.America vs Ironman this week: booorrrrrrriiiiingggg. I don't even know why i still bother watching them. Oh yeah, it's because their stupidly high IMDB-scores every time still make me go: "well, let's give it another shot...."

Fuck Marvel.

Zemm

Also for some absolutely bizarre reason the BBC in the UK bought the rights to this movie very recently and were advertising heavily. I can't remember them ever doing that before. If ever there was something you needed to point at to say 'my TV licence money is being wasted, what the fuck BBC?' it was that.

Oh come the fuck on.

Sorry, man. It's a slight joke, but can't you at least appreciate the irony of it? You're a smart fella.

I would love for someone to post a statement by Natalie Portman saying she wanted out of this series. Just one. I don't think it exists. I think it's somehow seeped into the haters consciousness and effects their perception of how she portrayed her role.

I've watched this movie a half dozen times probably. I don't see any scene where she wasn't engaged in it.

I think you haters are projecting.

OP that looks like a lot of effort you went to just to be snarky.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/thor-2-natalie-portman-marvel-patty-jenkins-272978

In fairness, there's no direct quote from Portman, because of the whole being professional thing.

Litan

Thor The Dark World is a masterpiece of a movie and I think it's unfortunate so many are incapable of seeing this.
Truly the Citizen Kane of our time.

I haven't seen Thor 2, but I saw Thor 1, and Thor 1 was terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. Every time I hear people talk about Thor like it was somehow ungarbage and then proceed to talk about how bad Thor 2 is, I get a sort of primal fear deep down inside me over how bad this movie actually might be.

Thor 1 is a bad movie, but at least it is semi-coherent. Thor 2 is complete gibberish.

i liked the designs of the asgard combat ships and turrets. and those black hole grenades were cool. Kurse looked great.

between that stuff and the dark elf armor, i'd say The Dark World had a great visual design foundation but it wasn't used in very interesting ways. the cinematography is so bland.

Dahbomb

It's just a mediocre CB movie. Not the worst tier but not great. Loki's performance is always great and worth the initial watch.

BVS isn't anywhere near the level of shit compared to Thor 2.

Shave off 30min and a little bit of character tweaking, BVS would be solid. I can't think of jack shit that would save Thor 2 other then more Kat Dennings.

I will say with ease IM2 is by far the worse Marvel movie though.

Zocano

I remember thinking it was alright but that comes with the big qualifier that it all sits on Hiddleston's shoulders. Every scene with Loki is a joy and the second he's off screen all the charisma and charm is violently extracted from the film.

phanphare

Banned
I'm going to start pretending that thor 2 is high art with deep and complex themes like layers that need to be peeled back to see the grander picture that the masses just couldn't possibly understand

I want a different subset of fans to feel what it's like to be warped into the fucking twilight zone

IconGrist

Hey, you know what did happen in Thor 2 that nobody remembers?

Pretty much the entire movie.

You know what didn't happen in BvS that everybody thinks did?

That Batman and Superman became friends.

Sephzilla

You're accusing me of hyperbole but then call BvS's premise interesting. Also all of us basically said Thor 2 isn't good.

Dalek

This is hyperbole to you?
Originally Posted by Dalek

It's....ok. The ending battle sequence is fun but the entire Dark Elf plot is just nonsensical and both Malekeith the character and Christopher Eccelston the actor were wasted.

You argue like my wife.

And also-I don't think BvS of all movies is the hill you want to die on.

Geist-

I don't understand the thought process that leads to the decision to write a small essay on Thor 2 of all movies. :-/

BTM

I think everyone should take a 1 year hiatus of discussing comic book movies. I think it'd do us all some good.

Reset

Avengers 1 and 2, Captain America 1, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and the Hulk movies are garbage.

Iron Man 1 is the only good movie, and the rest are average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom