• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a PS5 Pre Order @Amazon but I can't afford it right now... What should I do?

shubik

Remember that your soul can always leave your body if you don´t want to experience traumatic events first hand.

Brock2621

Honestly because you're in Brazil and things are really hard to get, I would sell it and take the profits to help you afford one you can keep. Take a look at your food purchases and maybe scale back for a month as well. All the small things add up and help. Wishing you the very best

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I pre ordered the $500 version at amazon, but since I gotta import it, I would end up paying twice as much with fees, shipping and taxes, since I'll send it to Brazil...

I thought that I'd have the money for it before the release date, but I had to help a friend with some money, so I won't be able to get it, at launch...

Maybe I'll order one here in december, so I really don't know what to do with the pre order...

Any thoughts?

PS. this is what the console would cost if I import it:

PS5 Price
US$ 500,00

US Taxes
US$ 40,00

Traveller's Reward
US$ 283,79

Grabr Taxes
US$ 28,37

Payment proccess
US$ 34,32

I would say cancel the preorder, and be ready to get one later. I wish you good luck in doing so.

GriffinCorp

Adulting... cancel it and plan to get it sometime next year. - You will be just fine plus you’ll have more games to choose from and hopefully a few price drops from launch titles. Plus normally, new consoles have bugs and smaller software issues, this will give time to have those ironed out as well.

Just a slight delay to jumping into “Next-Gen” :D

zkorejo

I thought the same, since there aren't many games right now, but since I sold my ps4 pro, I have no console right now >_<
It's okay to not have one. As long as you don't have any backlog. Trust me, it's just in our heads (omg i don't have a console rn).

It all depends on your use tbh. If you play everyday then just save up until you can get a PS5 asap. If you are like me and only play good games, wait a year or two. Launch games aren't exactly system sellers. I will probably get one when Ragnarok releases.

If you have a decent pc, you can play cyberpunk on that.

HTK

Banned
And then they literally force you to read and respond to them. Remember when we could choose to ignore threads that didn't interest us? Oh wait...

Nobody has obviously forced me to read or respond, however, I will express my distaste for shitty lazy posts and blast the OP for it. Now, let me go create a thread to ask my fellow gamers if I should sell my DualShock 4 for $4.99 or not...

Hairsplash

I would recommend you cancel the order and wait until you can afford it. Act responsibly, and have some patience, it is the mature thing to do.
yes, (OP) you were “responsible” to others, now be responsible to yourself and family... cancel the order.

not to mention that a ps5 is a theft target in brazil... 300 dollars duty?... ouch. wait til february or until you can walk into a store and buy it, then order it... cancel the order, that is the right thing to do, you will feel good for doing the responsible thing... not to mention the your friend will always have this hanging over his/her head, when they do not pay it back promptly... “remember when i REALLY wanted a ps5 console at launch, and i helped you...”

no good for you to be destitute and your friends successful... (family matters, friends are moot point.) money changes people. ...

so what happens (OP) when your friend can not make ends meet, family has to go with out, in order to pay you back.... i am afaid that you will be SOL, collecting on that debit.... i hope (OP) that your friend proves how Honourable he is by paying of that debit to you... ASAP ... it is really easy to avoid someone, or put them off...

(does this friend have a history of paying off debits to you, does he borrow and pay it off frequently?)

Fox Mulder

If you can’t afford it really, just let it go. You don’t need a console at launch. They’ll be just as fun a few months or a year from now.

Complete the purchase on credit and sell that puppy. Cool and easy $100 - $200 at least that you can bank or put toward your own purchase down the road.

Whatever you do, don’t cancel.

Athreous

It's okay to not have one. As long as you don't have any backlog. Trust me, it's just in our heads (omg i don't have a console rn).

It all depends on your use tbh. If you play everyday then just save up until you can get a PS5 asap. If you are like me and only play good games, wait a year or two. Launch games aren't exactly system sellers. I will probably get one when Ragnarok releases.

If you have a decent pc, you can play cyberpunk on that.
I totally forgot cyberpunk on PC, omfg!

Yeah, I'd end up buying the console to replay some games while FFXVI, GoW Ragnarok and Horizon 2 arent out...

I might actually put the money in some kind of investment while I don't buy a ps5.

Alebrije

Let it go so a random buyer can get it.....you will know somewhere someone will be happy because of you.

Then you can tell to your grandsons " I had a PS5 pre ordered but took and arrow in the knee".

Last edited:

Hudo

Cancel the order and just wait until you can afford it. The world will keep turning and Sony will produce more PS5 units. I would strongly recommend to hold off for the inevitable PS5 Slim or PS5 Pro, tbh.

Last edited:
Cancel it.

You are seriously considering spending all your money on a console launch day?

C'mon man, use common sense, even if you had the money, considering what you would be paying is already ridiculous.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
it was clearly meant as a joke! I would never belittle someone that could not afford something, I think it's great that OP has helped a friend out and hope they can find a PS5, no malice was meant by it at all, just me being a silly GAFFER :)

200.gif

Athreous

Hey guys, please, understand that I'm not begging for money or saying that I'm wasting everything in a console rather than in more important things...

Things are very expensive here in Brazil, so I can't save a single month of earnings to buy a new console, normally we gotta save a few months before buying something new...

What's the avg wage in US? 60k yearly?

Here I get something around $500 every month, so I gotta start saving much earlier (and I was :D) but I'm glad that I was able to help a friend in need...

I created this thread mostly to check your opinions and maybe transfer the Pre Order to someone else, or just cancel it.

So please, don't get me wrong! :D

hemo memo

Gold Member
Cancel it. Buy the console later when you can afford it. There will be also more games for you to choose and play.

Tschumi

Perhaps you can sell the preorder and make a tidy profit to settle your finances for a later purchase

Kssio_Aug

Do it as I will. Wait for a price drop and the release of PS5 Slim. You will get it cheaper, prettier and with much more games to play to justify the price.

Angelcurio

I created this thread mostly to check your opinions and maybe transfer the Pre Order to someone else, or just cancel it.

So please, don't get me wrong! :D
If there was some kind of way to transfer it, I would gladly accept it since I couldn't secure one for launch.

Does PS5 have a confirmed launch date in Brazil? If so, I don't think it is worth to import it at almost the twice cost. Killer apps won't come till next year anyway.

MrMephistoX

You could work something out with someone who wants to preorder and couldn’t get one? Just have them Venmo you ahead of time and take screen shots of the order etc. You can then just change the shipping address to their location and viola.

Top Bottom