• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I have a theory about the existence of souls and ghosts.

Dazrael

I am not denying that humans didn't make them. But I believe that these pyramids were made under the guidance of our ancient Gods, who must have guided the humans with the help of their advanced technology; and I also believe that these are much older than Egyptian civilization and were used for something else rather than being a tomb.
And you ascertained all that from drawings of spacemen on cave walls? Hieroglyphs I know but I digress.

Some civilisations back then were very adept at mathematics and, the then perceived, modern sciences. Do you believe that philosophy and democracy are constructs from the stars too? That we didn’t create anything ourselves but just borrowed knowledge from elsewhere. How come these beings aren’t shepherding us nowadays, because if there was a time that we needed deliverance from global disaster then surely it’s now.

I just feel that some are eager to write off the accomplishments of early civilisations, of our pure ingenuity as a species. Always try to apply Occam’s Razor if you can, it makes the world a tad more boring but at least it’ll be closer to the truth.

SUPERGGK

If it don’t follow the laws of thermodynamics, it don’t exist, my little fruit cup.
And why do you think my theory doesn't support the laws of thermodynamics? Our soul or consciousness exists inside our bodies, so technically it can also survive inside a machine that can provide it with the same environment and conditions. Conservation of energy. I am not saying that souls is something that can survive without a body. Saying that breaks so many fundamental rules of the universe.

SUPERGGK

Dude, you got it all wrong. Ghosts were invented by Aliens to invisibly probe your ass while you sleep.
Nobody invented ghosts, we just discovered them. They are not mentioned in our holy books because earlier souls were collected manually. But since our population has grown so much it's impossible to do it manually. So our Gods must have used some new technology that created ghosts as a result.

And also if the aliens are probing your ass do something about it man. It's 2020. Shit like this is not acceptable anymore.

FunkMiller

And why do you think my theory doesn't support the laws of thermodynamics? Our soul or consciousness exists inside our bodies, so technically it can also survive inside a machine that can provide it with the same environment and conditions. Conservation of energy. I am not saying that souls is something that can survive without a body. Saying that breaks so many fundamental rules of the universe.

You keep talking about gods. No such thing. That’s really the point I was making.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I remember an old tv show where the one person's claim of proof of ghosts is that when a person dies, a dead person's weight decreases by 1 / 30,000th of a pound.

This tiny amount was assumed to be someone's soul leaving the body.

SUPERGGK

And you ascertained all that from drawings of spacemen on cave walls? Hieroglyphs I know but I digress.

Some civilisations back then were very adept at mathematics and, the then perceived, modern sciences. Do you believe that philosophy and democracy are constructs from the stars too? That we didn’t create anything ourselves but just borrowed knowledge from elsewhere. How come these beings aren’t shepherding us nowadays, because if there was a time that we needed deliverance from global disaster then surely it’s now.

I just feel that some are eager to write off the accomplishments of early civilisations, of our pure ingenuity as a species. Always try to apply Occam’s Razor if you can, it makes the world a tad more boring but at least it’ll be closer to the truth.
Our Gods left because they could not control their own creations. Things were a mess. It is clearly written in almost all our holy books. Our holy books are not sugar coating anything. If you read them you will realize that even though our Gods were present on Earth things were still bad. So they left hoping we would gain wisdom and evolve naturally. Also using Occam's razor here suggests that the writers of our holy books were serious about them and were not writing anything casually, so they must not be imagining anything and probably were telling the truth.

SUPERGGK

You keep talking about gods. No such thing. That’s really the point I was making.
You can't just ignore every fact and evidence related to our Gods or extraterrestrial beings. They exist. We have proof. But they are not like how the superstitious believers explain them. They are like us. Just like how we are Gods to animals of Earth, they were Gods to us.

Tesseract

Banned
I have a theory too.

67568225.jpg
gotta adhere to experiment

i suggest feynman's lectures as a jumping point

SUPERGGK

Ghosts don't exist. Just a low-risk no-consequence fantasy people engage in.
They do. I was a non believer once. Then I really looked at the videos. And no matter how hard I tried I couldn't debunk them all. So I tried to come up with a reasonable explanation. Here is a great YouTube channel that has many such videos. Watch them all and then you too will realize.https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5ZhkLsxhj_Kv0L0Gc0_nS9BOHylpOe-5

SUPERGGK

I remember an old tv show where the one person's claim of proof of ghosts is that when a person dies, a dead person's weight decreases by 1 / 30,000th of a pound.

This tiny amount was assumed to be someone's soul leaving the body.
Could it be the weight of the nanomachine that left the body? Very interesting.

KrakenIPA

I am going to be very honest with you guys, for a long time I never believed in the existence of soul or ghosts because I knew that our consciousness is supported by billions of neurons in our brain; so how could a soul or consciousness survive without a body? But then I stumbled on a youtube channel that was full of so many ghost and paranormal videos; and I was so surprised to see so many convincing videos that supported the existence of souls and ghosts. I am not trying to promote this channel or anything and neither am I saying that all the videos I saw there were real evidence (some were clearly fake). I just want to say that I could not debunk all the videos that I saw there. So I was left with a question. Could I explain the existence of souls and ghosts by using just facts, logic, science and technology as the only basis and not superstition? And after thinking and researching on this topic for a long time. I came up with a theory.

What is human consciousness? There is no definite answer for this, so I am going to present my own and you are free to accept or reject it. We now know that there are billions of neurons in our brain that form connections with each other to save memories, experiences and to process information. For example if you see a picture for the first time, then all the information present in the picture, that you noticed, will travel from your eyes to your brain in the form of electrochemical and electromagnetic signals. I think that when these electrochemical and electromagnetic signals reach the brain, they are looped around inside the brain with the help of neurons. Now these signals don't just fade away and travel through these neurons for some time, so for some time you can still see the picture inside your brain, by imagining it. I think that when we try to remember something we provide energy to a specific portion of our brain that contains the neurons that are associated with that memory. But if you don’t look at the same thing or have the same experience again for a long time, then these signals become weak and fade away. Also if you regularly experience the same thing again and again, then these signals become strong and they cause the neurons to get closer to each other to make strong and long-lasting signals. Meaning that you can remember it for a long time.

And I believe that this process is the same for every experience we have in our entire life. Everything you see, hear, smell, taste or touch are experiences that are converted to electromagnetic or electrochemical signals and sent to the brain, where I think that they are looped around for a long time or short time depending upon the nature, effect and repetition of the experience. So in a way all the things you can remember now whether it's your name, family and friends, favorite food, movie etc., are present right now in your mind in the form of electrochemical signals, looping or travelling inside their respective neurons and their connections. So I think that the combination of all these memories, experiences, thoughts, skills, talents as well as dreams, desires and nature create the soul or consciousness of a person. And if the brain gets damaged, some of the neurons related to some signals can also get damaged resulting in memory loss or change in personality. And also when a person dies, the neurons in their mind also start dying resulting in loss of everything they learned in their life. So I think that even if we somehow resurrect a dead person, who has been dead for some time and somehow regrow their brain cells(neurons), they will not remember anything of their past life and can have a very different personality.

So I think that our Gods have made very special nanomachines that connect and then behave like a part of a person’s brain and throughout their entire life, they capture and recreate every signal that is pulsating through the neurons of that person, and after death the soul or consciousness of a person is simply transferred to this machine and so this nanomachine becomes the new body of that deceased person.

I know a lot of you are probably saying that it’s impossible. But even today we have lots of machines that can, in a way, read minds. As in, they can tell you how much activity is going on, in which part of the brain. And with the help of these machines we have now discovered what part of the brain is responsible for which function. But as you know already currently we don't have the ability to capture and transfer all these signals from one mind to another or even in a machine. But a lot of scientists and researchers believe that we would be able to achieve that and would be able to capture and transfer our consciousness in the future, with the help of technological advancements.

So I don’t think that transferring all these signals in another brain by using the technology of the Gods is impossible. It must work similarly to how we send photos, videos and data from one smartphone or computer to another. All these are converted into digital signals and then transferred from one device to another. So technically we can transfer a lot of information very quickly using signals even today but we still can't capture our consciousness, as the structure of our brain is very complex and very different from a computer's or Mobile's CPU and there are huge moral and legal issues related to doing such research on a live person. But our Gods were able to achieve that because they had highly advanced knowledge of the mind, body and nano-machines and could do anything they wanted on Earth, as there were no rules or boundations.

Now you must be shouting,"Gods using machines?What nonsense!" But I believe that the Gods mentioned in our holy books were not Gods or divine but beings that had advanced knowledge of science and technology and were just like us. I believe that they were extraterrestrial visitors who came to our Earth a long time ago and then artificially evolved an ape to create humans. There are lots of facts that support this hypothesis. We find drawings of their space suits and spaceships in prehistoric caves. We find statues of Gods that look like astronauts, indicating that they came from another planet. Prominent Gods of Hindu religion and their avatars had dark blue skin. Also there are so many stories that clearly show that they were not so different from us. These beings had physical bodies and they also showed emotions, had families and children; had their favorites and also they didn’t have infinite powers and were bound by the rules of the universe.

Also even today, we still see their spaceships flying around, which we commonly call UFOs. And our holy books talk about events and things which our ancestors couldn’t possibly have known without deep knowledge of science and technology, which was not present at that time, as when compared to humans of today, they were primitive in many areas; clearly indicating that this knowledge was given to our ancestors by these beings, who came from another planet. And since most of our holy books are telling the same stories and talking about the same events and Gods that created us, I don’t think there is any doubt that they are talking about the same extraterrestrial beings that created humans by evolving an ape.

So I think that by using these nano machines our Gods are capturing the consciousness or soul of a person. And I think that this process goes on throughout our whole life. I believe that this nanomachine goes inside our mind or stays very close to us, throughout our whole life, constantly transferring all our memories and experiences. So that even in an accidental death, all our memories remain safe. Also since this machine is connected to our brains throughout our life, I think that after death a person will just feel like waking up after sleep. Nothing is lost. And before someone says that, wouldn’t such transfer mean that the original person or soul is lost and this nanomachine is just making a copy; I want to say that maybe this machine is connected to our brains and behaves like a part of our brain and so even after death, in a way, a part of the brain is still alive so soul never dies and the consciousness survives even after death.

Now let’s talk about examples that support my theory that Gods use technology to collect souls. In Hindu mythology there are stories in which God sends Yamadoots that are known as collectors of the souls. They visit the dying person and take out their souls. Similar character appears in Christian stories and is called Death or Grim Reaper itself. This Grim Reaper works for God and collects human souls. Now the process by which these heavenly beings collect souls is not explained in our holy books and neither is what soul even is. And since I believe that our soul is our consciousness that is formed by the billions of connections between neurons and so many signals pulsating through them, I believe these beings are collecting this consciousness using technology. And since our population has grown a lot, Gods must have started using nanomachines to collect souls, instead of sending beings from heaven to collect the soul manually.

Now you may argue why do I believe that our Gods use nano-machines to collect the soul and argue that maybe they are using some other method or technology to collect our soul or consciousness, but I disagree. There are various reasons why I believe that our Gods use a special very small nano-machine or a group of such nano-machines to collect our souls, and I have come to this conclusion after a very long and deep analysis. First of all, our soul or consciousness can't survive without a body or a mind; if it could then there wouldn't be billions of neurons in our brain, so using a machine that acts like the new body or mind of that soul or consciousness is the best possible solution. A machine can provide various advantages; it can provide energy so that the signals making up the soul or consciousness don't die out. It can provide security too. And if someone argues that why don't the Gods simply capture the soul from heaven or space directly; I would argue that since the signals present in our minds are very delicate, I don't think it's possible to capture or transfer them through air and also the various harsh weather conditions that we face on Earth. During bad weather we lose our internet and other connections, so I don't think Gods would risk transferring a soul through such a risky way. But there are some disadvantages of using a machine too; sometimes machines fail. And since this technology was new, I think that sometimes it created some problems while transferring the soul from Earth to the afterlife.

Ghosts

Since I believe that Gods created nanomachines to collect souls from our Earth and transport them to heaven or hell, I think that maybe some of these earlier machines malfunctioned and instead of carrying the souls to heaven or hell, the soul got trapped at the place of their death. And since we can’t see the nanomachine that is carrying this soul and this soul or consciousness is energy travelling in the nanomachine in the form of signals, we can experience something electromagnetic or paranormal when coming in contact with this soul and we call it ghostly or paranormal encounter.

A lot of people don’t believe in ghosts because they say that since we need our brain to do everything, and our brain and body needs energy then how can anything survive without the brain and body. So they don’t believe in ghosts or even afterlife. But since there is so much convincing evidence about the existence of ghosts online and lots of mentions of afterlife and soul in all our holy books, I believe that my explanation can satisfy their doubts. I think that the nanomachine that captures the consciousness of a dying person acts like the new body of the deceased person. And I believe it can even capture light and sound to let the deceased see and hear even after losing their bodies. Also I feel that the translucent or mist-like look of ghosts is due to the holographic projection created by these soul-carrying nanomachines, so that the deceased person doesn't get scared after seeing that they don't have a body anymore.

I have much more to discuss on this topic but now I want to hear the reaction from you guys. So let's discuss.
Interesting take. I can only add that as youngster, when I thought of the dead, I believed them to be covetous of the living. But that is not the word they would use. They wish to be us, those that can speak and eat and feel and shit-post. Do we do so with their influence, their ghostly digits upon our knuckles. It is an interesting discussion to be had.

SUPERGGK

Haha, I’m out. That’s one hell of an imagination you’ve got there dude. No way to prove any of it but it makes for an entertaining read nonetheless.
Thanks man. I believe that by finding out all the fundamental rules of our universe and also by using science and highly advanced technology we can do some crazy unheard of things with our own bodies.

Rival

Gold Member
If ghosts were real wouldn’t it make sense that literally everyone would have definitive evidence by now? I mean there are cameras everywhere.

SUPERGGK

Interesting take. I can only add that as youngster, when I thought of the dead, I believed them to be covetous of the living. But that is not the word they would use. They wish to be us, those that can speak and eat and feel and shit-post. Do we do so with their influence, their ghostly digits upon our knuckles. It is an interesting discussion to be had.
I think they are the byproduct of an experiment gone wrong as ghosts are not mentioned in our holy books and only souls are. Also most haunted places have a dark history, meaning a sudden or violent death that maybe caused some issues for the nanomachine to leave the body correctly and therefore as a result the soul gets trapped there.

SUPERGGK

If ghosts were real wouldn’t it make sense that literally everyone would have definitive evidence by now? I mean there are cameras everywhere.
Yes there is proof man, lots of it. We just didn't look. Find "Nuke's top 5" channel on YouTube, it has some pretty convincing evidence. I am not saying all his videos are completely real, some are clear fake, but some are pretty convincing.

KrakenIPA

I think they are the byproduct of an experiment gone wrong as ghosts are not mentioned in our holy books and only souls are. Also most haunted places have a dark history, meaning a sudden or violent death that maybe caused some issues for the nanomachine to leave the body correctly and therefore as a result the soul gets trapped there.
A blip on the radar of the universe. You are very wise, friend. I would recommend you to keep pursuing this path, you may have knowledge that others do not.

SUPERGGK

A blip on the radar of the universe. You are very wise, friend. I would recommend you to keep pursuing this path, you may have knowledge that others do not.
Thank you so much. I have been researching about these topics for a very long time. I think I have come close to finding out the complete truth, but I am not satisfied. I will keep refining my thoughts and keep working on it.

Oh, come on man. I tried to explain everything in a very simple and detailed manner and therefore created such a long post. Can you at least tell me what part you are having trouble with, so that I can try to explain it in a more friendly manner.

To be honest I haven't read the whole thing. Got a few paragraphs in, I'll finish reading later.

FunkMiller

You can't just ignore every fact and evidence related to our Gods or extraterrestrial beings. They exist. We have proof. But they are not like how the superstitious believers explain them. They are like us. Just like how we are Gods to animals of Earth, they were Gods to us.

Nah, mate. No evidence for the existence of gods or aliens at this time. If you think there is, you’re barking up the wrong tree. And there are certainly no gods, full stop. The concept of god isn’t allowed in the reality of a universe that runs on the laws of thermodynamics.

Aliens is another matter, but the vast interstellar gulfs of distance between us and any potential alien lifeforms are so vast we will never know if they exist, so not worth thinking about.

SUPERGGK

Nah, mate. No evidence for the existence of gods or aliens at this time. If you think there is, you’re barking up the wrong tree. And there are certainly no gods, full stop. The concept of god isn’t allowed in the reality of a universe that runs on the laws of thermodynamics.

Aliens is another matter, but the vast interstellar gulfs of distance between us and any potential alien lifeforms are so vast we will never know if they exist, so not worth thinking about.
You can't say no evidence man, that's not fair. Maybe it's not enough to convince you but there is evidence. I have detailed 18 points of solid evidence in my book, it's free on Amazon right now. Feel free to take a look.

SUPERGGK

That only applies to Hindus.

Ancient astronauts exist.
Not just Hindus. Ancient Sumerian and Greek mythology had 3 main Gods. Some researchers say that even holy trinity resembles the three God concept.
And what do you mean by the ancient astronaut comment? Do you agree that our Gods were extraterrestrial astronauts?

FunkMiller

You can't say no evidence man, that's not fair. Maybe it's not enough to convince you but there is evidence. I have detailed 18 points of solid evidence in my book, it's free on Amazon right now. Feel free to take a look.

Nope. None at all. You have no evidence. No evidence of either gods or aliens at this stage.

...but I admire the way you slid in a book plug😋

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Not just Hindus. Ancient Sumerian and Greek mythology had 3 main Gods. Some researchers say that even holy trinity resembles the three God concept.
Ancient Sumerian and Semetic religions have a muddy history that was mostly lost to time. The Greeks I believe consisted of 12 main gods.

And what do you mean by the ancient astronaut comment? Do you agree that our Gods were extraterrestrial astronauts?

^ Not sure if this is a conspiracy theory or a religion/fate like idea tbh.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I just want to say that I could not debunk all the videos that I saw there. So I was left with a question. Could I explain the existence of souls and ghosts by using just facts, logic, science and technology as the only basis and not superstition? And after thinking and researching on this topic for a long time. I came up with a theory.

I have much more to discuss on this topic but now I want to hear the reaction from you guys. So let's discuss.
Your entire OP is dedicated to conjuring up a theory to match a preconceived conclusion, not to match the evidence. That's not how reason works.

showernota

Also Bible is not the oldest religious book and therefore doesn't contain the detailed description of our Gods.
When you look into the textual and archaeological evidence of Hinduism, there is very little detailed descriptions of its cosmology, or creation myths (there are quite a few) until 1200-700 BC. The rig veda and most of the older texts are a jumble of almost incoherent ramblings that don't really have a narrative, and are full of contradictions.

Either way, neither Judaism or Islam supports your theories, so when you say 'holy books' you're being specific to Dharmic religions or zoroastrian beliefs.

Last edited:

SUPERGGK

Ancient Sumerian and Semetic religions have a muddy history that was mostly lost to time. The Greeks I believe consisted of 12 main gods.

^ Not sure if this is a conspiracy theory or a religion/fate like idea tbh.
Yes, this is also what I am saying. Extraterrestrial visitors or astronauts visited Earth, experimented on an ape, artificially evolved it to create the first humans. That's why almost all our religious books say that Gods created mankind.

SUPERGGK

When you look into the textual and archaeological evidence of Hinduism, there is very little detailed descriptions of its cosmology, or creation myths (there are quite a few) until 1200-700 BC. The rig veda and most of the older texts are a jumble of almost incoherent ramblings that don't really have a narrative, and are full of contradictions.

Either way, neither Judaism or Islam supports your theories, so when you say 'holy books' you're being specific to Dharmic religions or zoroastrian beliefs.
That's not true. They tried to explain it but they didn't have the advanced knowledge of science and technology as their creators. So sometimes it feels like as if they were just making shit up. But if you use the knowledge that we have today and then try to explain it, it starts making sense. Here are some examples

All of our holy books tell us that it was God who created us human beings. But what about the universe? There is a common creation story in a lot of ancient mythologies about how our universe and the Gods came into existence. It talks about a cosmic ocean and how there was no light in the universe before. Then there came chaos and suddenly the universe was filled with light; and Gods, heaven and Earth came into existence. Some may suggest that it was the God who was responsible for this chaos and he created everything but I don’t think anyone created the universe. It is simply too big and too empty for it to be a creation of an intelligent and powerful being.

Let’s talk about the biblical story of creation. In the book of Genesis, it is written that God created Earth in seven days. Here is a brief summary of the seven days of creation. According to the biblical story, on day one God divides the darkness from light, day two the "waters above" from the "waters below", and day three the sea from the land. In each of the next three days these divisions are populated: day four populates the darkness and light with Sun, Moon and stars; day five populates seas with fish; and finally land-based creatures and mankind populate the land. Now at first it looks like a very simplistic version of how our universe and Earth was created. But when you don’t look at it as God creating everything in days, but instead look at it like phases, then everything changes.
So now let me give you my theory about all this. If you want to read about the scientific and technical aspect of this theory, it is explained in detail in this book(in later portions). So according to my understanding; First day becomes - First phase, in which light first appears in complete darkness, which is very similar to what we call the “Big Bang” where light first appeared in our pitch black universe. Now I believe that this big bang event was simply the supernova or explosion in a super massive black hole that contained every matter that we now see in the universe and thus light appeared in the dark universe. Now the second day is talking about dividing waters. I believe that our space is not empty and is filled with a superfluid medium that scientists now call dark matter and dark energy. And since matter is a form of this medium, so I think that the second day or phase is talking about how this medium that is like air or water, got separated into matter and dark matter. Third day or phase is talking about formation of new elements from this matter, like hydrogen, helium, oxygen etc. that also fuse together to make water and rocks. Now Fourth day or phase is talking about the formation of our star Sun, our moon and our Earth from this newly formed matter. Fifth day or phase is talking about the appearance of life on Earth in the form of fish, as we now know that these were the earliest life forms on Earth and land based animals appeared later, which is exactly what the Sixth day or phase is talking about.
Now you can still say that maybe it’s all just a coincidence, as the writers of this book couldn’t possibly have known about all this. But I believe that this was told to them by our Gods, who knew about all this, as they had advanced knowledge about our universe.
Still not convinced? Ok, let me give you another example. Let’s read about the creation story of the universe in Hindu mythology. According to Hindu mythology too, it was a cosmic ocean (which I believe is a super fluid medium that permeates throughout the entire universe) that revealed the main Gods of Hindu religion which are Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva. Again proving my point that the universe created the Gods and not the opposite. Also here is a hymn from the oldest Hindu written scripture called Rigveda, which is said to have been given to humans by Lord Brahma himself, who according to Hindu religion is the creator of the human race. It is called the Nasadiya Sukta hymn and it says:
Darkness there was at first, by darkness hidden;
Without distinctive marks, this all was water;
That which, becoming, by the void was covered;
That One by force of heat came into being;
Who really knows? Who will here proclaim it?
Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation?
Gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe.
Who then knows whence it has arisen?
Whether God's will created it, or whether He was mute;
Perhaps it formed itself, or perhaps it did not;
Only He who is its overseer in highest heaven knows,
Only He knows, or perhaps He does not know.
— Rigveda 10:129-6
Again it clearly states there was a kind of water like medium that permeated throughout the entire universe (proving my point that space is a medium). It was also dark and without light. And suddenly through heat (the big bang) everything came into existence (I think the event called big bang was simply an explosion in a super massive black hole creating matter). Again, the same thing that holy Bible and what our current scientific knowledge is telling us. Also it clearly states that Gods didn’t create the universe but they came afterwards.
So I think that I have provided you with enough evidence that not only our ancestors knew about how the universe was created which we also know now but they also knew that universe exists in a medium which I think is a superfluid medium that permeates all space, which our scientists have still not discovered and still calling it dark matter and dark energy. Now, how this medium creates matter is a scientific theory that I have created that you can read all about in the later portions of this book. Also if you still have your doubts let me blow your mind further.
According to Hindu cosmology, there is no absolute start to time, as it is considered infinite and cyclic. Similarly, the space and universe has neither start nor end, rather it is cyclical. The current universe is just the start of a present cycle preceded by an infinite number of universes and to be followed by another infinite number of universes. This cycle begins with chaos (big bang) and ends in chaos (which I think is indicating that super massive black holes that are present in center of every galaxy, will eventually eat all matter that we now see in the universe and then join together to make the ultimate black hole that will eventually explode in a Big bang to continue this cycle forever). This is also one of the scientific theories that talk about the end of the universe. Also the Hindu mythology states that this cycle is infinite, meaning it will repeat forever.
Now hold on a second, a thousands of years old civilization is talking about the end of the universe and claiming that they know about how the universe is cyclic and how it came into being and how it will end. I mean we didn’t even know about the expansion of the universe and the Big bang till a hundred years ago. Crazy isn’t it.

SUPERGGK

Your entire OP is dedicated to conjuring up a theory to match a preconceived conclusion, not to match the evidence. That's not how reason works.
If we treat the videos of souls and ghosts as evidence then my theory or hypothesis can explain their existence, why they look so misty or translucent, why sometimes we see orbs of light, why can only low res devices able to pick up ghosts, how can soul survive without a body and much much more. So how can you say that it doesn't match the evidence?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Agnostic?
huh?
If we treat the videos of souls and ghosts as evidence then my theory or hypothesis can explain their existence, why they look so misty or translucent, why sometimes we see orbs of light, why can only low res devices able to pick up ghosts, how can soul survive without a body and much much more. So how can you say that it doesn't match the evidence?
You can't test for souls or ghosts in a consistently repeatable way in a controlled setting. You're relying on second hand video evidence that has a lot of other much more plausible explanations that are grounded in the natural world other than "ghosts did it".

cr0w

Old Member
There's a lot of interesting stuff to pull from ancient Indian writings, such as Vimanas and the descriptions of what honestly can only be described as thermonuclear war between civilizations with incredibly advanced technology, but I have no idea how it could ever be proven that there's more to it than just stories.

As for ghosts...I'm 100% on the side of science and believe there are legitimate scientific theories that could explain any and all paranormal encounters, we just don't have any way to replicate them yet. Time slips, dimensional rifts, etc. could all be sources of paranormal activity, but it's just beyond our understanding at this point. I don't believe old Aunt Jessie is still haunting the house she died in at all...I think whoever sees her is probably just accidentally looking through a window in time that somehow got opened for a second.

showernota

All of our holy books tell us that it was God who created us human beings. But what about the universe?
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Again, not all the 'holy books.'
Now you can still say that maybe it’s all just a coincidence, as the writers of this book couldn’t possibly have known about all this. But I believe that this was told to them by our Gods, who knew about all this, as they had advanced knowledge about our universe.
I think fallen angels seeded the earth with all these false religions, which would go along with your theory. So I don't think it's just a coincidence, personally.

SUPERGGK

huh?

You can't test for souls or ghosts in a consistently repeatable way in a controlled setting. You're relying on second hand video evidence that has a lot of other much more plausible explanations that are grounded in the natural world other than "ghosts did it".
No, the problem is that scientists and researchers don't even want to try to find about ghosts and similar paranormal events. They just ignore and dismiss any or all evidence. They have a preconceived notion that ghosts don't exist and ignore all evidence. That's not how reason works.

SUPERGGK

There's a lot of interesting stuff to pull from ancient Indian writings, such as Vimanas and the descriptions of what honestly can only be described as thermonuclear war between civilizations with incredibly advanced technology, but I have no idea how it could ever be proven that there's more to it than just stories.

As for ghosts...I'm 100% on the side of science and believe there are legitimate scientific theories that could explain any and all paranormal encounters, we just don't have any way to replicate them yet. Time slips, dimensional rifts, etc. could all be sources of paranormal activity, but it's just beyond our understanding at this point. I don't believe old Aunt Jessie is still haunting the house she died in at all...I think whoever sees her is probably just accidentally looking through a window in time that somehow got opened for a second.
See, people are ready to believe in the existence of different dimensions, even though it breaks so many fundamental rules of the universe. Scientists and researchers have accepted the absurd ideas of infinite dimensions and time travel without any proof or evidence and then reject or discard all evidence of ghosts or paranormal stuff. That's not how science works.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
No, the problem is that scientists and researchers don't even want to try to find about ghosts and similar paranormal events. They just ignore and dismiss any or all evidence. They have a preconceived notion that ghosts don't exist and ignore all evidence. That's not how reason works.
nana changing GIF

Evidence that can't be substantiated is not good evidence.

cr0w

Old Member
See, people are ready to believe in the existence of different dimensions, even though it breaks so many fundamental rules of the universe. Scientists and researchers have accepted the absurd ideas of infinite dimensions and time travel without any proof or evidence and then reject or discard all evidence of ghosts or paranormal stuff. That's not how science works.

I think you misread what I said. I'm not on the side of scientists, I'm on the side that believes there are scientific explanations for everything, even the weirdest shit we can imagine. I don't think we'll ever have it all figured out, but there is an explanation for everything within the fabric of the universe. There's no such thing as something that's truly unexplainable, we just don't know the explanation.

Top Bottom