• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I joined the Covid Crew.

anthony2690

Banned
Managed to dodge it all this time, till last week.

Not vaccinated as pretty petrified off needles, my missus, said she will get he vaccine to show me I'm worried over nothing, and she was bed ridden two weeks haha

She has had it twice (no idea how I dodged it last time she got it)

But anyway, I had two rubbish days, and then I was mostly fine (little achey)

I think with recently working in retail, it was pretty unavoidable for me now.

Mistake

A virus mutates into dozens of subvariants. With Covid, the vast majority of them peter out and only certain blocks form a new dominant variant.

When you get COVID or a vaccine, your body learns a blueprint of a Covid cell. A model, sort to say.

But not all models are created equal. Some models will see improvements and support new features.

Think of Covid as the base Nvidia Jetson device, which is Tegra K1 based. Delta was Tegra X1, Omicron is Tegra X2.

The base is the same but the variants change.

Basically. People think that if they have had Variant X, they are also off the hook for Variants Y and Z.

That isn't the case.

However, the chances of you contracting Variants Y and Z are significantly reduced because you had Variant X. The body has learned how COVID looks like, so it is more effective against sub-variants.
I know all this. Your last paragraph leads back to my initial point, so the only one at odds here is S sinnergy . I don’t doubt someone can get covid a second time, I never said it was impossible. Just in my case I know it will be unlikely

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
EfKnqY8U0AAhZ_m.jpg
Someone got it 😎

Who says henceforth.....

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Last edited:

Mistake

Like I said, 3 days covid almost no symptoms, and now potential immunity after that. H1N1 I could run around on ibuprofen. Whenever I get sick from anything else it never lasts more than a day. I'm not overweight, I exercise and have a good diet. There is zero reason for me to get the shot, especially now with things winding down.

Last edited:

mekes

I've had it. My 2y old son caught it, gave it to his mum, then I caught it. I felt really rough the day before I tested positive. Like a horrible flu type of rough, no energy to spare at all. I felt massively better the next day and tested positive for the next week or so.

The only real symptom to speak of through the entire week was a weird sensation of lethargy that would sweep over me if I exerted myself. A very weird sensation over and done with within 10 seconds. Never had that symptom with any other illness before.

Sega Orphan

Banned
Had it, due to working in a hospital recieved double vac + booster.
First few days weren't nice and then it just kept on lingering which was more annoying than anything else.

Family got caught too: Father had a zappy nose, Mother had similar as me.

So it depends and it reacts uniquely per user.

It does a whole lot into reducing the severity of its symptoms. It never was communicated (atleast here) that Vaccines = You completely stop catching it altogether.

Chillingly dark as it sounds, i get what you are referring to. Ever since that happened, there is practically no media coverage anymore beyond the ''We are just letting it go'' style narrative.

That doesn't mean its gone, none at all. But atleast there is an attempt to change the perception: No more media coverage/It does not exist anymore.

That it works is observed daily at my work. People are running overtime because hey, we have a lot of new Covid patients again. Ain't that great.

I am rather curious how it was promoted to you then, but then you say this:

The virus reacts uniquely per-user. You honestly can't tell how you will react until you got it. See my own situation: My dad had very little symptoms, i had lingering issues outlasting the standardized time it takes to get rid of it.

All the vaccines do is reduce the severity of the effects of the virus in the case you were getting infected.

All the best to your recovery.

Its not a great explanation because it implies that vaccines do not work the way they should because some unvaccinated people get nothing and double vaccinated people get sick. There is a world of nuance inbetween that which isn't shared and henceforth i commented.
The vaccines were said to be around 95% effective in preventing covid infections. This was in Pfizers press releases as well as government material.
OpD24wJ.jpg

MQWUQdP.jpg

There is actually a video montage of Bill Gates, Faulci, Biden etc all saying "if you get the vaccine you won't get covid. You won't pass it on. The virus stops with you". For instance the CEO of Pfizer claimed their vaccine trials in South Africa were infact 100% effective in stopping people catching covid.

CKSc2a6.jpg

Even now they are claiming the vaccine is 100% effective in stopping covid infections in child age groups.
sjVESoz.jpg

Vaccine were never about just reducing symptoms, it was about stopping infections and eradication of disease. That's why they were called "inoculations". Where are all the people positive for Polio just with perceived reduction of symptoms? Where's all the vaccinated smallpox people infected with smallpox, just with a few less pox?
If everyone vaccinated their dogs against parvo three times in eight months, and everyone's dogs still got parvo, it would be considered an ineffective vaccine.
Now you can make excuses and say that covid mutates too quickly for the vaccine to work properly sure, but that is an admission that it isn't effective. A vaccine can be ineffective not because the technology is junk, but the target isn't really suited to a vaccine. Not all virus are. That's why there is no HIV vaccination, or a vaccine against the common cold even.
Government put all their eggs in the vaccines working to stop infection and transmission, but it didn't work out. In the meantime they divided the community into Vax vs antivax, people lost their jobs for not wanting vaccines, and yet after the massive amounts of vaccines we have more cases than ever, and the vaccinated are not protected against catching the disease.
Hey, it didn't work out. Not every vaccine does.

Sega Orphan

Banned
So my day 5 symptoms.
Fatigue and sweating if I do anything remotely active.
Both my ears are blocked and I can't unblock them.
Still have a cough and some fleem in my throat.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
A thesaurus killed my parents.
A myopia of thoughts just entered my brain but the symbiosis inbetween them would be too radical to post.
Like I said, 3 days covid almost no symptoms, and now potential immunity after that.
So you don't actually know. Because the variant you got gave you the results of no symptoms - Another variant may differ.
The vaccines were said to be around 95% effective in preventing covid infections. This was in Pfizers press releases as well as government material.
US material, as it seems. Having said that, words like protection/prevention/infection get used rather ambigiously.
In the below April 2021 photo, what variant does it prevent 90% against? None of the screenshots say this. And Delta/Omicron differ quite radically in how they operate.

Gates/Biden saying ''If you take the shot, you won't get hot'' is rather populist and lacks nuance.
Where are all the people positive for Polio just with perceived reduction of symptoms? Where's all the vaccinated smallpox people infected with smallpox, just with a few less pox?
This is about Covid.
Now you can make excuses and say that covid mutates too quickly for the vaccine to work properly sure, but that is an admission that it isn't effective
Luckily for you i am not making that excuse.
Hey, it didn't work out. Not every vaccine does.
Yeah, it sucks. Shit. And we have all these GAF threads/posts that show it.

Mistake

So you don't actually know. Because the variant you got gave you the results of no symptoms - Another variant may differ.
May, or may not. Of course I’m not sure which kind I got, that’s why everything else I posted also comes into account. I know my chances are extremely good, not that I’m saying it’s 100%

Airola

I got covid about two weeks ago.
Got it from my dad who is triple-vaxxed.
I've been vaccinated only once over 5 months ago. Didn't get the second dose as I got heart palpitations for about 10 days or so after the first dose.

After the first symptoms I got about 3-4 days of fever that went up and down. I thought I dodged sore throat and cough, but after the fever I got sore throat for about 2 days, and after that I started to cough at nights.
I started to feel better after about 5 days but have had a bit of cough for 5 days after that. It's almost gone now 10-11 days since the first symptoms, but I still cough a bit and cold weather outside doesn't feel too great in my throat/lungs. Didn't lose taste and didn't get breathing or fatigue problems. It's been quite an average case of fever and flu for me, a bit longer lasting than usual though.

My test results said it's probably Omicron 2.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Congrats on the covid.

I had it about 2 months ago. I felt pretty bad (but not stay in bed all day bad) for maybe 3 days, and then it took about two weeks for the last symptoms to disappear. Never had any fever to speak of, mostly just annoying nose and throat stuff and a heavy tiredness.

I was also double vaccinated (now I'm triple).

It's been bouncing around the kids schools and friends in recent times. Went away to my daughter's soccer tournament and she tested positive while we were away on the weekend. Son tested positive 2 days later and I've just tested positive today myself. Wife is still holding out fine. All double vaxxed and wife and I with boosters too.

Still got it but just mild headaches, slight high temp and tickle cough. Daughter was out of it in one day, literally normal already but we have to isolate for 7 days here from date of testing positive. Son was 2 days and he's basically normal with barely a cough left. I'm in the thick of it today but no worse than a bad cold so far. Fingers crossed it's all mild and behind us over the next week or so.

Last edited:
Nah, more probable is that you already had it and just didn’t notice.
I don't believe that's the case. Of course some people are not sensitive to their body and don't care or don't want to know what those super mild symptoms are, but I also thought "I already had it". But having it is different. And mine was mild, with just 1 bad day.

There are still 1/3 of the western population not yet infected.

Top Bottom