• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought a Nerf gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
A few years back I had the entire n-strike collection along with dart tag. They are still sitting in a box, I think I need to get them out again :-D

Valnen

I always felt bad for the kids who had the lame parents who wouldn't buy them these things because they were afraid of promoting guns. They really missed out, Nerf guns are awesome fun for kids.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Real talk, I used both. I'd drown your ass before you even knew what was going on.

Real talk.
I'd love to watch you throw a water balloon accurately (if it has already burst in your hands) while you're taking gallons of ice cold water to the dome (Yeah, I used to put my tanks in the freezer for a few minutes. I was cold blooded like that).

The worst part of Nerf guns was trying to find the ammo afterwards- 5 seconds of "HAZAA!" and then an hour of "I know I saw that ball bounce this way...". That's when you'd just give up and throw tennis balls at each other.

GRIP

I'd love to watch you throw a water balloon accurately (if it has already burst in your hands) while you're taking gallons of ice cold water to the dome (Yeah, I used to put my tanks in the freezer for a few minutes. I was cold blooded like that).

Pinpoint accuracy mother fucker. I'd land that shit on your head, and then I'd spray the fuck out of you. Fuck your ice water. I'd drink that shit and piss it all over you.

Am I taking this a little too far?

BrettWeir

The modding community for Nerf guns is insane too. This isn't mine, but I have a Longshot I would love to do this to and, spring mod.

tiger-shark-nerf.jpg

Yep, I'd cram a little bit of shredded ice in there too, for it to stay cold. And I'd aim for the face. No remorse.

ajim

Pinpoint accuracy mother fucker. I'd land that shit on your head, and then I'd spray the fuck out of you. Fuck your ice water. I'd drink that shit and piss it all over you.

Real talk.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

water-gun.jpg

Next you are going to run your mouth about this being an effective weapon because it was light. Your ass was the meat shield.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Nah, this is serious business. Our childhood reputations are at stake!

Yep, I'd cram a little bit of shredded ice in there too, for it to stay cold. And I'd aim for the face. No remorse.
My man.

In the art of Water Warfare there are no rules.
Save for when kids were putting scolding hot water in their tank. That's some seriously demented shit right there....

GRIP

Nah, this is serious business. Our childhood reputations are at stake!

My man.

In the art of Water Warfare there are no rules.
Save for when kids were putting scolding hot water in their tank. That's some seriously demented shit right there....

Agghhhhhhhhhh!!!!! My 12 year old self would smash a water balloon in your fucking face. Comeatmebro.jpg.

Kritz

Banned
So, me and my friends love nerf guns. We're all early to mid 20s uni students. About this time last year we spent a day at a local mountain / nature reserve and took all our combined nerf guns with us. There were about ten of us, each with our own collections. I think we totalled around 20-30 guns, although unfortunately I never got a picture of them all in the back of our cars.

From approximation, I'd say we had about ten mavericks, five recons (hard to tell, some were being used as rifles and some were being used as pistols as the recons are 'modular'), three stampedes, two vulcans, two longshots, and then some stragglers. I don't know the name of it, but one of them folded up into a little box, there was another battery powered pistol that I also don't know the name of.

Here's some attrocious pictures of mine and another friend's guns thrown across his room:

(not the entire list of guns previously mentioned. We didn't see the entire amount until after we got to the reserve)

Being man children can be awfully entertaining some days. ... cleaning up the bullets was a bit of a pain, though, since we were very careful not to leave any litter in the reserve we went to.

Ultratech

Real talk, the only kids who used water balloons in a Super soakers fight were kids without Super soakers... and they would get lit up constantly.

And yeah the Super Soaker and nerf arena of the new generation is just ridiculous. They don't fuck around anymore.

I would love to have a old gen vs new gen soaker/nerf fight though. All us old geners revert back to our adolescent forms with our classic gun equipment and go head to head with this new pansy ass generation and their new OP guns. Shit would be pretty glorious...

True story there.

Old Gen vs. New Gen would be so goddamn awesome.

Now I want it to actually happen...

Sober

Only ever used water pistols or off-brand super soakers.

Never had a nerf gun though, reading this thread makes me want to get one, but I dunno if I want the new stuff.

Also the thread made me think of Nerf Nuke

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I had a super soaker, but disc launchers were more fun than nerf guns. My dad used to call them pineapple launchers.
AAAADKXLagkAAAAAAF32ww.jpg

notsol337

marked forever
I've got a collection of modified nerf guns. They're really awesome! The vulcan with the RC car batteries is the best.

I'm moving into a new house in 2 weeks. We're upgrading from a 1700sq ft home with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms to a 3200sq ft monster house with 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a finished basement and dozens of nooks and crannies to play hide and seek.

Our first official purchase for the new home was 4 nerf guns for our family to run and gun throughout this huge house. It's going to be a blast.

Jesus we had a nerf war back in the day and it was glorious. I packed a 30 round monster reminiscent of the Lancer from Gears of War and took 5 minutes to reload. Now kids have cool shit like this

nerf-vulcan-gun1.jpg

Haha, that's sitting on the desk right next to me at work.

SJRB

Gold Member
Still need to mod my shit. Nothing like an office full of nerf gun enthusiasts though!
nerf-longstrike.jpg

Wow is that a nerf sniper rifle? And a shotgun posted earlier in the thread, this is crazy.

Crazy awesome, that is. I should look into that shotgun asap.

bedlamite

I'm 30-plus and I've never got Nerf guns out of my blood, every now and then I pick one up for no good reason. Just picked up a Nitron 2 weeks ago actually, got a good deal on it.

IWEoD.jpg

A semiautomatic disc-firing Nerf gun with a night scope, pretty ridiculous. It skews to the left and the night scope's useless, but what the hell, I picked it up for cheap.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Wow is that a nerf sniper rifle? And a shotgun posted earlier in the thread, this is crazy.

Crazy awesome, that is. I should look into that shotgun asap.

I was going to get the sniper rifle but user reviews said that it was one of the lesser of newest Nerf offerings in that it didn't really shoot that much farther than the others.

Of course it still looks completely tits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom