• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought a Nerf gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Disclaimer: I am 26 years old.

But holy shit have these things come a long way. Fully-automatic fire, functioning clips, fucking ammo drums. Growing up in the naughts might have sucked for a lot of reasons but the advancement of Nerf warfare certainly isn't one of them.

Insaniac

Disclaimer: I am 26 years old.

But holy shit have these things come a long way. Fully-automatic fire, functioning clips, fucking ammo drums. Growing up in the naughts might have sucked for a lot of reasons but the advancement of Nerf warfare certainly isn't one of them.

nerf wars in the house back in my younger birthdays was the greatest. Now I've moved on to airsoft

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
seamus-fails-o.gif

Protein

Banned
Jesus we had a nerf war back in the day and it was glorious. I packed a 30 round monster reminiscent of the Lancer from Gears of War and took 5 minutes to reload. Now kids have cool shit like this

nerf-vulcan-gun1.jpg

GRIP

Super Soakers now-a-days are a joke. Effing battery powered and shit. Kids don't even have to pump the damn things. No wonder kids are getting so soft.

2-Terms of Kombat
Super Soakers now-a-days are a joke. Effing battery powered and shit. Kids don't even have to pump the damn things. No wonder kids are getting so soft.

Super Soakers have definitely fallen from grace. But I suppose they figured little kids hauling around 50 pounds of water on their backs was a safety issue or some shit.

T Dollarz

I had the same realization last year as well. But man, me and the homies had some legendary nerf wars in this dude's house back in the day. The guns were shit compared to what you can get now tho.

2-Terms of Kombat
I used to have a pretty decent Nerf gun collection. Bazooka, crossbow, machine gun. I wish I had kept them. :(

Yeah I wish I had kept (and been on the lookout for) more of my older generation Nerf stuff. Here's the one I ordered today:

sFqUR.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the bipod or shield but the main gun itself looks pretty rad so I figure I'll just use it without all the extra garbage. Apparently there's a 35-round drum upgrade for it and I'll almost certainly be indulging.

Nerf guns are awesome, brought a couple of the shotguns last year.

ngbbs4b35d42fbb0df.jpg

Never had super soakers when I was a kid, in our neighborhood we use to fill empty bottles with water and using a hot needle make a hole in the lid, they were the shit.

I have 2 nerf weapons: bow & arrow and a maverick.

Darts for the maverick are easy to find, but any place where I can get more arrows?

Disclaimer: I'm 30.

a good 15+ years back I had a nerf gun which had a motor powering it so it was semi auto, it was so loud! something the adverts never let you hear.

TimeKillr

Yeah I wish I had kept (and been on the lookout for) more of my older generation Nerf stuff. Here's the one I ordered today:

sFqUR.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the bipod or shield but the main gun itself looks pretty rad so I figure I'll just use it without all the extra garbage. Apparently there's a 35-round drum upgrade for it and I'll almost certainly be indulging.

I actually have that one. We used them at my old job when someone was leaving - we'd give them the firing squad. Imagine 20+ grown men shooting at you with at least 30 nerf guns (some of us had 2!).

Anyway, the problem with this model is that it requires a bunch (I think 4 or 6!) C batteries, and their weight makes it VERY back heavy; the gun is incredibly unbalanced because of that. It's pretty awesome though to unload 18 bullets that quickly :)

I actually have that one. We used them at my old job when someone was leaving - we'd give them the firing squad. Imagine 20+ grown men shooting at you with at least 30 nerf guns (some of us had 2!).

Anyway, the problem with this model is that it requires a bunch (I think 4 or 6!) C batteries, and their weight makes it VERY back heavy; the gun is incredibly unbalanced because of that. It's pretty awesome though to unload 18 bullets that quickly :)

Actually there`s a quick fix for that you can modify the battery compartment so that it takes a cordless drill battery. The battery is both lighter and the higher voltage makes it shoot faster.

Varna

Should have invested in airsoft equipment OP. Also running around for hours with 25+ lbs of equipment can be an incredible workout.

Yeah, that's exactly what people want for having light-hearted fun with friends or family members inside the house or offices.

Get them involved! I go out every couple of weeks to the field. We make a day of it.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Real talk, the only kids who used water balloons in a Super soakers fight were kids without Super soakers... and they would get lit up constantly.

And yeah the Super Soaker and nerf arena of the new generation is just ridiculous. They don't fuck around anymore.

I would love to have a old gen vs new gen soaker/nerf fight though. All us old geners revert back to our adolescent forms with our classic gun equipment and go head to head with this new pansy ass generation and their new OP guns. Shit would be pretty glorious...

This was the only Super Soaker I had as a kid.

Always wanted a bigger one. :(
this is what I had as a kid and always ended up getting my ass kicked by kids with bigger guns, I remember I also had that nerf gun with a dart under the grip handle so when you surrendered and raised your gun you had one last shot to take.

GRIP

Real talk, the only kids who used water balloons in a Super soakers fight were kids without Super soakers... and they would get lit up constantly.

And yeah the Super Soaker and nerf arena of the new generation is just ridiculous. They don't fuck around anymore.

I would love to have a old gen vs new gen soaker/nerf fight though. All us old geners revert back to our adolescent forms with our classic gun equipment and go head to head with this new pansy ass generation and their new OP guns. Shit would be pretty glorious...

Real talk, I used both. I'd drown your ass before you even knew what was going on.

Real talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom