• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just bought a Nerf gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icefire1424

Eagle%20Eye.jpg

This was the shit back in the day.

Even though it sucked and always malfunctioned

Yes! I had that one. Bolt action FTW. Forgot which one my little brother had, was like a mini-chain gun or something.

Still have a Nerf Pistol in my desk at home to this day. You know, in case the dogs
or wife
are misbehaving.

Disclaimer: I am 26 years old.

But holy shit have these things come a long way. Fully-automatic fire, functioning clips, fucking ammo drums. Growing up in the naughts might have sucked for a lot of reasons but the advancement of Nerf warfare certainly isn't one of them.

My friends and I are all in our late 20's and when one of our good friends came home from Japan around the end of last summer, his wish was to have a nerf gun war. One of his favorite movies is Terminator 2, and so we made this whole senario where he would be in the car on the way to visit us, and our friend who was driving would put in a a cd he made, which was of the resistance, letting our friend from Japan know that the war was in progress, and that he had to come to our house where the resistance was holed up.

Once they got there two people would be the Terminators and the rest were the resistance, and we had round after round of nerf warfare fun times. So awesome.

Mesoian

But holy shit have these things come a long way. Fully-automatic fire, functioning clips, fucking ammo drums. Growing up in the naughts might have sucked for a lot of reasons but the advancement of Nerf warfare certainly isn't one of them.

Nerf. Where Cosplayers go for weaponry.

the pinnacle of super soaker technology:

400_splashzooka.jpg

did anyone else have this? screw a connector into the hose and all you needed to do was press the end to it. took ten seconds to automatically filled the tank and pressurize it for a continuous stream. you could shoot a kids eye out with it. shortly after 2001, super soakers got seriously nerfed. heh.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
the pinnacle of super soaker technology:

http://www.idwerx.com/supersoaker/2002_product/cps/cps_images/400_splashzooka.jpg[IMG]

did anyone else have this? screw a connector into the hose and all you needed to do was press the end to it. took ten seconds to automatically filled the tank and pressurize it for a continuous stream. you could shoot a kids eye out with it. shortly after 2001, super soakers got seriously nerfed. heh.[/QUOTE]

Nope I had the smaller super soakers but man you screw a water hose in instead of the tank and you could shoot so damn far it wasn't funny and all without pumping it to pressure it up. lmao. I was always a super soaker guy over nerf guns.

The Adder

Banned

And while America's Nerf Arsenal has only grown superior, our Super Soaker technology has languished.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Eagle%20Eye.jpg

This was the shit back in the day.

Even though it sucked and always malfunctioned

i loved the animal themed guns. i had the manta ray one. useless as hell in a fire fight, but you can swat away darts all day with that bitch

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Pump action waterguns were better, but sure when your elder siblings come home for the holidays you can blast them without getting them wet.

Seems like it'd be easy to replicate certain franchises with different-colored water and modded/painted nerf guns.

Who's up for carving an Energy Sword out of dry ice for that authentic smoke effect?

H2jtz.jpg

That was my trusty buddy here, the Super Soaker 30 (I was 7-8 yrs old). I envied my friends on the block who had the Super Soaker 50's and 100's. Since mine was quite a bit smaller, I had to constantly refill it with water.

But...I secretly felt cooler deep down, even with its limitations. It was easier to hide and be stealthy with. Plus hardly any other kids had the S.S. 30, with its distinct coloring scheme. Its kinda like having a bad ass revolver that never lets ya down. I feel like it might have been a tad more accurate due to its compact size...what a nostalgia trip.

Never had any Nerf guns, and had one Super Soaker:

Super Soaker 50
super-soaker-50.jpg

I really wanted the CPS 3000 though, but never had the money for it.

McLovin

Hey good for you man. Sucks that when we are old enough to buy the things we wanted as a kid we don't want them anymore. I use to love transformers and legos as a kid. I still haven't bought any.

Super Soaker 50
http://brokenjpg.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/super-soaker-50.jpg[IMG]

I really wanted the CPS 3000 though, but never had the money for it.[/QUOTE]
Oh man I had that same gun!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Just as with real weapons, the true shit comes from the bow and arrow.

XM3Yf.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member

Super Soaker 50
super-soaker-50.jpg

I really wanted the CPS 3000 though, but never had the money for it.

That's almost exactly like the one I had. The one I'd hook the water hose too. That was post redesign though. God I loved that gun. lol

alphaNoid

Banned
This thread has convinced me to get a Nerf gun, something big with a large mag. However the only way I can pull this off is first getting one for my son. So, I know what he is getting for Christmas
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom